Sally's Slim Fast Diary

I have decided to write down my weight loss journey as a way of keeping myself motivated. i hope that on days where i feel fed up i can read my diary and give myself some PMA! So here goes:

Sunday 6.12.09
day 6 of week 1. Its beena great week so far,not really fely hungry and not had any cravings. Hardest part was Saturday night cos i couldnt have a glass of wine watching X Factor! Luckily for me, my Housemate is doing Lopotrim so we are encouraging each other. She's done so weel this week and i hope i get a decent result on the scales tomorrow. I currentyl weigh 13st and my goal is 10st 10 by next April so i hope this is acheivable. 32 lbs in total to lose and im hoping this number will be reduced tomorrow.

Been to stock up today and thougth i would try the banana shake, not keen on the chocolate one so have only been having the strawberry one which i love!

well, i will sign off for this week and am looking forward to letting you kow how i get in with the big weigh in tomorrow:eek:

Love Sally xxxx

oops - forgot to add what ive eaten today!

SF Strawberry Shake
WW Ocean Pie with extra Broccoli and Cauli
pack of SF cheddar bites

still to come:
SF Banana shake
Hot Choc (options)

Doesnt look a lot when its written down....

you are doing really well sallywally...

keep up with the pma!!

gembee!! xxxx

hello everyone
well its day 1 week 2 which means i should have weighed in this morning but i cant tell you how fed up i was when i hopped on the scales and...... nothing - completely dead as a dodo.... battery had gone! was so disappointed i could have cried as this was my first weigh in...

anyway i have bought a new battery today and will weigh in a day late this week. hey ho.

So todays food diary:

B: Forest Fruits smoothie nasty, didnt enjoy it one bit!
L: WW Beef Hotpot
D: Banana Shake - nice but leave a bit of a taste in your mouth!
S: packof SF cheddar bites, SF choc bar

So the verdict is still that Strawberry is best!!

well, fingers x'd the scales work in the morning!

Love Sally xxx

did they work????
hope you are going ok...
and welcome (if i have not done it already!!)

hope things are going ok..
and keep posting.. i love to read about others eating, and such like...

Thanks Kes

I wasnt going to write any more as the only person to comment was my House mate! So thank you for the reply...

The scales did work on Tuesday morning and im chuffed to bits to report i lost 5lbs! Whoop whoop. It has really given me motivation and determination to carry on!

Im still sticking to my usual routine of shake - lunch - shake and it seems to be working.

Im off to the Christmas Markets on Sunday and i would normally have a glass or two of mulled wine but not this year! I know i could probably count wine within my Calorie allowance but it feels like a waste of calories!

Will let you know on Monday how the week 2 WI has gone.

Thanks Again

Love Sally xxx

oh please keep posting.
i love reading about other peoples experiences... makes me want to keep going...
i dont know where everyone is at the moment, but the slim fast section is MEGA quiet!

good on you for not wanting to waste the cals... i have not had much to drink while ive been dieting.... which is a fantastic thing.. as i think that might have been part of the problem thinking about it... i used to come home most nights ahve have a glass (or 2 or 3) as i didnt have the best of jobs, and i wanted to just take my mind off things... so its prob the reason i put a stone on in a year...hmmm must take note of that!!

how is it going? are you finding it ok????

HI Kes

I am actually enjoying having the discipline of not being able to eat what i want which is a bit weird. My housemate is doing Lipotrim so we have some good natters about what we would eat right at that moment if we could - keeps us going and we laugh at all the food ads on TV - there are so many!! Saturday night was my hardest but at least i know what to expect this week!

Looking forward to my Christmas Lunch with my parents but my mum knows i only want a small portion and will def be having some Christmas pudding! Your stats are brilliant and a real inspiration to carry on. Might take a nosey at MY Fitness Pal at lunchtime...

Thanks for taking the time to reply - it is very quiet on here but im sure it will pick up after Christmas when i will be an old hand at this!

Have a good day

Sally xxx

hey...
at least with christmas dinner, your parents know not to give you a lot.. which will be good im sure!!
and im not really a lover of christmas pudding.... but ill be having it...
i am a sucker for tradition!! lol
hows it going today???
you should post what you have to eat.. i find it does help you much more!! (means for me that i dont eat too bad because i dont want everyone (not that they would) tutting me because ive had soemthing bad!)

ha ha good point about posting food diaries!

Today i have had / will be having :

B: Strawberry Shake (powder)
L: WW Lasagne and some dry crackers
D: Banana Shake (powder)
S: Slim Fast Bar

Still well under cals today but it seems to be suiting me. 15 days to wine day whoop! Done 12 days with no alcohol already so sure i can manage another 15..

Thanks for the support Kes. What have you been eating today??

Last edited:
Hello,

Please dont stop posting, as mentioned before I like reading about what people have eaten, how they feel etc.

I've just started SF and joined this forum though I have been reading for ages, I may start my own diary too.

TB x

Pleasee dont stop posting, ive only joined the forum two days ago but been doing SF for nearly a week now. I've found it such an inspiration reading other peoples successes and struggles knowing that im not on my own. You did fantastic on your first weigh in congratulations!! how are you getting on? i also like the strawberry shakes, have one in the morning then one for my lunch but tend to have my meal at night with my other half. Usually something home made. were having spag bol tonight (which is something i never thought id be eating on a diet) but luckily my fellas a chef so he weighs up and works out everything :) let me know how your getting on !

bec x

hi girls

many thanks for taking the time to reply it really does make a difference when u think someone takes an interest in what your doing!

well its day 6 of week 2 and im not going to lie - this last two days have been pretty tough but im still hanging on by thread... really wanted to throw the towel in last night but i didnt and i feel slightly better today altough i did have beans on toast for lunch which is more than i would normally have for my meal but only had one snack so dont feel too bad. I have had a sneaky peek on the scales and it only looks like ive lost 1lb this week which is a bit disheartening but im carrying on regardless!

good luck to you both and i hope you both decide to start diaries cos i would love to hear other peoples experiences especially as ive had a bad couple of days!

Anyway heres today food diary:

B: Strawberry shake
L: Beans on toast
D: Banana Shake
S: Slimfast choc bar

Weigh in day on Monday so i have everything crossed for a loss...

Hope to hear from everyone soon.

Love Sally xxx

I too had a sneaky peak on the scale and it wasn't looking great for my first week especially when I see other peoples week one weigh ins. I just keep telling myself that anything off is better than gaining.And I am going to try and look at the bigger picture and average it over a month rather than focusing too much on each week.

My sister in law (she is a weight watchers leader) keeps telling me there are only 21 meals in a week so if you mess up on one, you still have 20 or so to get right. Beans on toast isn't a bad meal anyway, it could have been so much worse!

hi ladies, sorry ive been out of the loop and not had any internet (oh i cant wait to get my new phone!!) ive been away for the last few days in Kent to a supprise 30th, so it was good, and i managed not to eat rubbish!! wich im happy about!!!!

hope everyone is going ok... and sally how did you do on your weigh in....
ive done i think another 1lb, but because ive now decided to go by dr weigh ins then i dont know because my scales are s...!!!!!!

Back