salmon

suemal

I'm going out for tea with my kids tomorrow and need to know if having some baked salmon and a few veg will take me out of ketosis.I feel i have to eat with my kids.I don't want them knowing i'm dieting.I know this is a bit sill,but my kids eat really healthy and well,so i don't want them to see me not eating and thinking that it is normal(cause basically it isn't normal is it)Fish is the only thing I can think of to eat.

Hi Suemal

Not sure you can have salmon if you are SSing, I think its only white fish you can have. Can you not have chicken?

I know what you mean about the children though. My son is 2.5 years but he is already making comments like "Mummy not eating today", and I am only on Day 10. Have decided I am only going to SS for the four weeks and then going up to the 790 after that, as you can still lose roughly the same.

I'll see about some chicken.I thought i wouldn't have to eat as early as this but this trip out has just come up,as i said i don't want the kids thinking i'm weird.I haven't had any probs ssing,i just find it really boring.But as i've lost 21lb in 16 days i can't really complain.

Wow, thats fantastic weight loss, how much do you want to lose in total? Have my first weigh in tomorrow, so am hoping for a great surprise! I'm the same, no problems SS, in fact I found it easier than I thought. Not bored yet and to be honest I'm amazed at how much energy I have and how good I feel.

I need to lose 98lb so ony77lb left:sigh:But i'll get there.I'm missing KFC big time,not that i ate it alot before,i just want it now and fish,chips and mushy peas.Oh and a cup of tea with milk,i can't drink tea black.My weight crept up on me over the past 20 years.4 kids spaced out really bad,and portion sizes the same as my 6ft1 OH.Oh and chocolate.

Thanks alot being able to come on here helps I only see my CDC once a month because she lives about 150 miles away,but she's my nearest one.Hope your weigh in goes well.

Blimey that must be hard, but then in another way, with the support of this thread, it must be quite good too because you will see fantastic weight losses as opposed to 2lb here and there.

Will let you know how I get on :)

Hiya,
I'd be careful with yr choice of veges, keep 'em green! Some veges, eg sweetcorn, have a lot of carbs and will take you out of ketosis quite quickly. Might pay to do a bit of research on the ones you think you might be having.
SM

No we aren't allowed salmon due to the fat content !!

Back