Total Solution Sam is back on it and determined! - Exante attempt # 476 :)

Well well wellllll, day 7 shows a 10lb loss, wooooooooooooo!!! :happy036: Could have been more if it weren't for the blips but can't complain. I know the majority of it will probably be water weight but it's going in the right direction so I don't mind that lol Had another blip last night though, you know how it goes:

rough day at work + foul mood = scoffing :(

It wasn't as bad as my more momentous binges though, I could only manage a packet of crisps and some crackers as I think my stomach has shrunk due to eating so little recently. That's a good thing though as I would have eaten loads more if my stomach had let me!

My partner pointed out that my 1000 mile distance challenge goal is a bit excessive so now I'm debating whether or not to lower my goal. On
reflection, it's probably not a realistic number to be aiming for lol

Went for my scan this morning, the person said she couldn't see any huge cysts or anything but apparently my ovaries are bigger than they should be which still suggests cysts, combined with recent blood tests which showed my hormones being all over the place so it's pretty much confirmed that I do have PCOS, just unsure to what extent at the moment :(

Hi Sam, I'm doing good thanks, feeling pretty motivated and good at the moment. Hope it lasts! :)

Yes, another smell I love is Cadbury Dairy Milk. That one is banned from my house when I'm dieting. They can have Galaxy, Thorntons, whatever they want but NO CDM! That always sets my cravings off.

Hope you had a lovely weekend and find the week an easy one xx

Hope you're still doing well hun, keep it up! Oh-em-geeee Cadbury, say no more, I totally understand lol x

Welcome back :)

I'm on yet another attempt too :rolleyes:

Hey :D How are you getting on Darcy? x

hi sam , not been on in a few days , so tired and with mia starting secondary school , ho yes toast , the smell is heaven lol Like the icion on the treadmill lol
I have been feeling tired a lot , I have to go now but i'll buzz you ok

Is Mia settling in ok? How are you feeling now, still tired? x

Last edited:
Hi Sam , sorry to hear about the scan results ! How has last few days been to you ? I need to think about xmas and what body shape i'll be by then as of next year I want todo the theme parks .
Yes with treadmill try not over doing it as you also on your feet in the day too . as the weight comes off will be better for you to up the treadmill as you may damage your knee .
Lets get 100% today ..... its going to be positive minds and day in day out .

Well done on the 10lb loss - keep at it :)

I'm still heeeeere!

I haven't done a runner from Minimins, just been busy recently with work, life, and everything in between!

Well - weigh in on Wednesay put me at 18st 3lbs, a 3lb gain which I feel is totally justified as I had the previous week totally off plan thanks to a random TOTM (ironic since I'd just had my scan), which made me feel ILL and sent my cravings through the roof!

Anyhoo, coming towards the end of day 2, feeling ok. My stomach has been rumbling like mad at work today, so I just kept on sipping water to shut my stomach up lol I've got just over 4 weeks until my flight. I reckon I can shift anywhere up to 21lbs (max) in that time, but only if I get a reeeeeally good first week major drop. I expect to lose a minimum of 14lbs which would take me down to just above 17st when I travel.

17st would be a whole stone more than I'd like to be at that point, but if that does happen to be the case, I will just focus on the fact that I would be 17st as opposed to 19st 7 which was my weight not so long ago! And if I happen to need a belt extension for the plane, then I'll just have to grit my teeth and get on with it.

We'll see... :angel09:

Hope you're all ok and doing well?! x

Last edited:
In other news - I've now clocked up 40 miles out of my 1000 goal, only 960 miles to go! Only 960... :faint2:

Welcome back Sam :) you can do so much in four weeks so stick at it lovely and who knows where you could be?? Could you hack not weighing til the morning you go so you think? I weigh about 3 times a day so I know I couldn't but just thought it would be a massive psychological boost if you could? Then see a huge loss the day you go on holiday to really up your confidence?

Hiya Sam, hope you're managing to stay on track xx

Hiya Sam, hope you're managing to stay on track xx

Hi hun :) I'm doing ok, still on plan. Had at least 3 litres of water today but didn't get a chance to have any packs as work was absolutely mad, so when I got in (about 2 hours ago) I had 2 pieces of boiled white fish and 2 shake packs. Feeling really full right now, I was going to also have a Tesco cereal bar (not the Ultra Slim ones - couldn't find any when I went shopping so I just got the cheapy-cheap branded ones as they have 90cals and 9g carbs and the ingredients are pretty much the same) but I really don't fancy it now as those shakes have satisfied my sweet tooth lol How are things going with you? x

Welcome back Sam :) you can do so much in four weeks so stick at it lovely and who knows where you could be?? Could you hack not weighing til the morning you go so you think? I weigh about 3 times a day so I know I couldn't but just thought it would be a massive psychological boost if you could? Then see a huge loss the day you go on holiday to really up your confidence?

Ah lord, the idea of not weighing until I'm getting ready to travel definitely has crossed my mind but I just don't know if I could cope lol Thing is, I know that if I stick to plan, there's no way I won't be losing weight, so in a way, weighing is useless because my weight is going to be whatever number it is whether I weigh or not (if that makes sense!)

Really, I should just focus on how I actually feel and how my clothes are fitting. And I think maybe I could make it until then without weighing but there's always that nagging voice at the back of my mind :angeldevil:

But... I'll try my best :D x

Hi Sam. You've certainly lost loads. Well done. You can also lose a lot more in 4 weeks. Well done on the exercise too!

Hi Sam. You've certainly lost loads. Well done. You can also lose a lot more in 4 weeks. Well done on the exercise too!

Thank you Lynne :) I'm working on it! I'm still here :innocent0002: Welcome back, how was Turkey? x

Hiya Sam, Tesco stopped doing the Ultraslim bars :( Don't know why, they must've been a popular line.

I'm currently enjoying the Exante Hot Cross Bun bars. I freeze them and they're almost like a fudge/toffee texture, really hit the spot for me. Next time you order, add one of those to try.

Have a fab day xx

Hiya Sam, Tesco stopped doing the Ultraslim bars :( Don't know why, they must've been a popular line.

I'm currently enjoying the Exante Hot Cross Bun bars. I freeze them and they're almost like a fudge/toffee texture, really hit the spot for me. Next time you order, add one of those to try.

Have a fab day xx

Argh whaaaaaaaaaat!! They stopped doing them - how stupid! As you said, they must have been popular.

I've just had an Exante order delivered today. When I got home from work a few hours ago I had a curry pack with a piece of boiled chicken and a double chocolate bar heated up for pudding - it tasted like chocolate cake with chocolate sauce on top :eat:

I bought a hot cross bun bar to try aswell so will give that a go tomorrow, and will also try the mushroom risotto.

I'm finding that I'm not struggling with walking around at work so much now, I'm even taking the stairs - EVEN WHEN THE LIFT IS AVAILABLE!!! What's happening to me lol And I have more energy in general :)

The urge to weigh is strong though! :devilangel:

Hiya Sam, ooooh will have to order a double choc bar! :D xx

Hey hey hey everyone!! How are you all doing? OK I hope!

Well - yesterday was my weigh-in day, and yes, I caved in and weighed myself, BUTTTT that will definitely be my last weigh in until I start to break away from Exante just before my holiday. I figure that I'll start eating and knock myself out of ketosis beginning on the 10th October (the first day of my annual leave) before my flight on the 13th. I know that some people may just think "Take the packs with you, stay on plan while you're away" but I know myself far too well to be able to say "that won't work" lol

Germany is a very meat-and-spud-ish, rich-food place, which will be very welcome to me by the time I get there! lol As I've said before though, I won't go mental and scoff thousands of calories each day, but I have every intention of relaxing, enjoying myself (that includes enjoying the food), and coming back to Exante - no doubt a couple pounds heavier - when I arrive back, and going at it full pelt until Christmas. I know I'm going to be working on Christmas day (I tend to every year) so our Christmas feast never happens on the actual day. We may have it on Christmas eve instead, or perhaps the 27th as I'm working Boxing Day too. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it though, it's a bit far away to be thinking of Christmas just yet lol

Aaaanyway, yesterday's weigh-in showed me as being 17st 9lbs down from 18st 3lbs, so an 8lb loss. Happy with that!

Looking forward to another curry pack in a little while with a warmed up double chocolate bar (my "cake" :D ) and a mint chocolate shake later on this evening. I'm quite looking forward to it all :)

I've had a day off today, first one in ages, and have spent 5 hours cleaning, partly to keep me busy and to distract me from any potential food thoughts, and partly because the cleaning fairies have the day off so it falls to me to do it lol Kept me out of trouble though, and the flat is looking good. I seem to have morphed in to a domestic goddess - I was even on my hands and knees scrubbing the skirting boards with a soapy sponge, something I have literally NEVER done since we've lived here, and we've lived here for years!!

Spoke to my GP today about my scan results and the results of a blood test I had recently. The blood test was to check inflammation levels in the body, in my case it's inflammation caused by my arthritis. According to the results, my inflammation level has gone down, which is pretty good going since it doubled within a few weeks 2 months ago! As for the scan, the doctor said it didn't confirm cysts but it seems like it is, which I already knew. She suggested starting to take Metformin, but I completely forgot to ask her if it's ok to take while on vlcd. I need to find that out before I start taking anything.

Exante sent me a free bag and flip flops with my order, and also a little ice lolly thing to put flavoured water etc in to freeze. So I thought I'd put some coke in it and freeze it and make myself a little coke flavour ice lolly. Well it didn't work out, as the coke kept spilling out on the way to the freezer lol Maybe it would work better with a drink that wasn't carbonated as the bubbles wouldn't keep trying to escape and push the case open!

Forgot to say - I was looking through all my old minimins diaries - there are quite a few so that's slightly embarrassing to see how many times I've set off with the best of intentions and then vanished. This time is different though :D

Anyway, I was surprised to read that my weight when I last went to Germany was actually 16st 12lbs, a whole 12lbs more than I thought I was, but that's fine as it means that as long as I'm that weight (or less!) when I fly, the belt will fit. Hurrah! And since I'm now 17st 8lbs, I can't see any reason why I won't hit that goal :) Success! I'll still strive for 16st though, which might be a bit of a harder goal to reach, but we'll see what happens x

Hiya Sam, hope you're having a lovely weekend xx

8lb loss is fabulous Sam, well done :)

Hi everyone, how are you all doing?

I'm doing AWFULLY!!!

My holiday to Germany may not be going ahead now thanks to a horrible week - my partner got told his benefits are stopping and then I got told that my hours at work will be reducing - along with all the other members of staff - due to budget issues.

Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, I got a hand-delivered letter today from my manager, telling me that my 'services are not longer required', so basically firing me, with no warning. When I called him to query why, he said that since I was still in my probation period, he's not obligated to really give me a reason.

I'd had about 4 days off plan recently but had then been on plan for a few days until all this kicked off, and it feels as though I just don't have the willpower right now, which seems stupid as eating doesn't change anything or help at all. If anything, it makes things slightly worse as I spend money I haven't really got on food I shouldn't really be eating.

So here I am. More stressed than ever. On the bright side though, it doesn't seem as though I'll have to worry about fitting in the plane seat lol

Just have to keep my chin up, keep smiling, and find a way out of this mess!

Back