Same day in day out, its getting boring...

zebredy

Sci-Fi Geek
I currently worrying that I'm either not going to use all my points or use to many.

So I tried to think of some meals (mainly evening meals) to cook with lower points (10-15 points roughly) and I keep coming up with the same ideas.

Is this the same for other people, do you seem to eat the same day in and day out making things easier points wise? Doesn't that get boring after a while though?

I tried to come up with a nice sauce using some cream of mushroom soup (low fat one) and some chicken and tagliatelle for around 30 points (as there are two of us so half a portion each)

A- How do I find out the point of tagliatelle as it comes in clumps and seems very light when weighted.
B- Only recipes I can find online are really high in points, but surely this is doable (even with 2 point for 2 pieces of WW bacon cut up and added.

Maybe I should just stick to what I know and stop trying to be too adventurous? What do you guys/gals think?

weigh the tagliatelli and then use the nv on the box to figure out points

I'd say the same - it should be easy to work out the points on the tagliatelle based on the nutrional values on the pack.

And definitely be more adventurous - if you get bored doing the same thing all the time you'll find it harder to stick to the diet plus you are more likely to re-gain weight when you get down to your goal weight.

I've found that I get loads of good ideas from the food diaries on here or else try asking here for lower point versions of your favourite meals and I'm sure people will be able to help. I never would have thought about adding philadelphia light to pasta to make a cheesy sauce if I hadn't seen it here and as I was struggling to bring my points up without increasing volume little tips like that have been really helpful - also makes for a much tastier meal which stops the boredom.

Good luck and let us know how it tastes :)

The minute you find it boring is the minute you're going to stray! Theres a fab recipe with Philly light sweet chilli, add it to stir fried king prawns and mange too and stir in your taglietelle! It's the one off the tv it's fab!
Take a chicken breast stuff it with light philly and sun dried tomatoes! If you have spare points wrap some turkey rashers round it! baby new boiled pots and veg!
You don't have to be bored or have high point food there are so many lighter options out there.
Be adventurous hun and watch the weight disappear
Good luck

Thanks for all the suggestions.

It doesn't always help that when it comes to evening meals or food on the weekend, I'm cooking for two and he is way more fussy then me.

Won't eat prawns or a lot of fish for that matter, and finding veg he will eat is a challenge too (though cut small I can add peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and sometimes shredded carrots to a dinner). Add to that the fact I don't like a lot of whole vegetables, like salad stuff or tomatoes (tomato source or purée is fine, whole tomatoes I couldn't eat) its hard to find things we both like to eat.

Thats the main reason we are stuck in a rut about what we eat. Its easier to make the same day in day out, knowing you will like it, rather then try something new and not know if it was a waist of time and money or not..

Last edited:
Lol Welcome to my world! I make at least 2 dinners a night as I look after a very picky 16 yr old who would love to live on nothing but cheese, crumpets, pasta and sausages!
But saying that he loves chicken teriyaki wraps, made with a Warburtons square, and he loves pizza made on them.
His brother and father are easier but his father is getting picky in his old age and will quite often open a tin of soup, cos he doesn't "feel" like what I've prepared!
Sometimes I do dinner and then don't fancy it, a wrap with ham etc comes in quite handy then lol

Back