Sammies mummy and weight watching diary

6 days to go jess!
I'm ok thank you :) hope you and Amelia are well x
I had some pains really low down this morning but I guess they were just baby moving down as nothing since.
Getting excited for baby's arrival but nervous at the same time.
Just want my little bubba here safe and sound !
Had a huge Chinese last night so SW went down the drain last night .. Feel really guilty and mad at myself today but I know that's silly and I need to just forget about it and have a good day today.
I would love to have maintained my weight by next week so that my weight stays within the target gain of 21lbs that I set myself.. I guess it just depends what happens and when baby decides to make his / her arrival!
X

Hey not long now hope your ok. I am getting really uncomfortable now so imagine you are too with not much room in there for baby. Enjoy your last few days if you can, I might see you on the ward lol xxx

Katie would be amusing if we were on the ward together lol.
I'm good Frances .. Very excited but I feel the same as you did re - being told I am dilated it's made me feel inpatient and anxious now whereas before I was quite happy just waiting for my due date and wasn't even bothered about going over.
I feel as if I'm getting myself too excited now when it could all be for nothing :/
Guess il have to wait and see!
Just sent bf out to get me a gym ball to bounce on lol
Xx

So close :) hope the ball does you good I heard it does lol x

Awww good luck Sammie xx Not long now hun xx

Katie would be amusing if we were on the ward together lol.
I'm good Frances .. Very excited but I feel the same as you did re - being told I am dilated it's made me feel inpatient and anxious now whereas before I was quite happy just waiting for my due date and wasn't even bothered about going over.
I feel as if I'm getting myself too excited now when it could all be for nothing :/
Guess il have to wait and see!
Just sent bf out to get me a gym ball to bounce on lol
Xx

Fingers n ties crosses u follow me the rest of the way now n go early ;)
I also ate chicken Szechuan from Chinese that was so spicy from first bite my nose was running.... ;)
Loads of ppl told me spicy food was what started their labour so I thought I'd give it a go

Haha we had a curry last night although I'm not really a fan of spicy food so was a bit pointless as I opted for a mild- medium spiced dish .. Was yummy though :)
No twinges as of yet so another day of waiting and hoping ..
I think I just need to accept it might be a while yet boo :(

Haha we had a curry last night although I'm not really a fan of spicy food so was a bit pointless as I opted for a mild- medium spiced dish .. Was yummy though :)
No twinges as of yet so another day of waiting and hoping ..
I think I just need to accept it might be a while yet boo :(

I kept telling myself "I was right initially. I'm going right over. Just relax. The sweep doesn't mean anything" Trying to fool myself into not being excited...
It's hard coz u hear ur 2cm n think 'omg I'm neatly there'
Try find something to occupy ur mind. Play games online... Knitting... Watch some movies... Something that needs ur attention so ur mind doesn't wander back. R go out n about.. Meet a friend for coffee n chats..

It's really frustrating when they tell you n they get your hopes up like Frances said try to distract yourself n keep bouncing hopefully baby will come soon!! Fingers crossed xxx

Or you could do what I did, convince yourself you'll have the baby early (so from 37 weeks) and then go 2 weeks overdue lol So those 5 weeks felt like 5 years!

Good luck to you girls. I was 1cm at 39 weeks and only 1-2cm at 42 weeks when induced, so you're a bit further along than that and if the doc has said labour could be imminent then that's a good sign! No one said that to me. ;)

I found from 1-2cms more...really uncomfortable rather than painful. Saying that I was getting tightenings every 5-10 mins as I'd been induced so it was all "forced" anyway. 3cms - more painful, 4cms - ouchy!!! Like I just said though, my labour was forced upon my body, everyone will feel it differently. :) xx

Good luck girlsxx

I was 2cm at 39 weeks but felt no different at all.. I never got the "bowling ball between my legs" feeling or anything like that...
My hips were painful but I had SPD so that's the pain/discomfort I felt...
As for the pain related to dilation.. I have no clue.. They weren't telling me how far along I was at each check.. Just that I'd progressed..
She reckoned people focus too much on the numbers and in reality just coz you're 4cm's.. Doesn't always mean it soon.. I went from 2cm at 39 weeks, to waters breaking at 39+4 at 12:12am, to holding Éabha at 7:13am... Labour didn't start til after 2am (as in active labour)

Aww thanks girls it's nice to read about everyone's experiences especially since they're all so different.
Atleast I know my induction is booked in for 2 weeks time so that's the max time it can be now but hopefully it will happen sooner .
I haven't got the 'bowling ball' feeling either Frances I'm just bored I don't feel particularly uncomfortable or unwell just eating lots of period type pain but only mild pains.
Have downloaded some games on my ipad and got some magazines in also got some friends popping round tonight so hopefully time will pass quickly over the next few days! X

How are you doing Sammie ?
Xx

I'm still here with baby intact lol.
I so wish the doctor hadn't got my hopes up telling me to expect labour soon because now I wake up every morning feeling disappointed that baby hasn't arrived even know it's still another 2 days til due date. I guess I just feel a bit cheated.
I've pigged out for the last week too so dread to think where my weight is at!
Not even rely having any pains or twinges anymore so I reckon its gonna be a late baby for me but well see .
The most annoying thing is everyone texting everyday aswel .. I don't understand why they don't think that I would tell them if I'd had a baby lol!!
Hope your ok you must be so fed up now being overdue .. Xxx

It's the worst isn't it? I think it's really bad of professionals to say things like that I don't think they realise what an effect it can have on you. As for the texts n phone calls oh my goodness it's ridiculous even my mum does it every morning as if I'm going to have a baby n not tell anyone grrrr
I'm booked in for induction Tuesday so I'm just trying to put it out of my head until then bit did have a massive cry last night lol.
Sending labour vibes your way xx

How you feeling lovely still bouncing? Xx

I'm still here .. Official due date tomorrow eeek
Really want a baby by Sunday as there's a big family Easter party going on at my moms and I wanted to be able to show off the new baby!

Not getting any twinges so not expecting anything to happen tonight but I guess you never know!

Hope your feeling ok xxx

Back