Sammies mummy and weight watching diary

Hope things are good for you and your first night went ok. Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Congratulations hun! What a lovely name can't wait to see a picture or two :) xx

we can share our experience as we go along
6.jpg

Hi girls ,
I'm back! Thank you for everyone's well wishes ruby is truly beautiful and I am the proudest mummy in the world.
Well what an eventful few days it has been!
Ruby is golden in the day and sucha happy little baby but unfortunately night time is a different story and I can honestly say since she was born on Sunday I have probably had in all about 6 hours sleep so am absolutely exhausted.
I am hoping some of you can give me some tips as although ruby is worth every sleepless night I am finding it incredibly difficult.
The main problem we are having is that ruby is an extremely sicky baby and she rarely keeps her milk down. The midwife said when she was born she had a lot of mucus on her chest which can contribute to her being sick but told me it was normal for newborns and that she should settle better after a few days.
The thing is at nighttime time she hates her Moses basket and as soon as she goes in it she throws up even after leaving her 30 minutes after a feed.
I have tried to prop her head up so she is not lying flat but again she will not settle and will scream until we lift her out.
With me being a first time mom and being exhausted I am getting worked up because I'm petrified of her choking in the night as a lot of the time when she is laid down she struggles with the mucus so we have to quickly get her up and wind her.
So for the last 2 nights the Moses basket has been a no go , she slept on the sofa with me last night which I don't want to get in to a habit of as I am worried about her falling or me rolling onto her and I really want to get her used to being in the Moses basket .
Luckily she is obsessed with her swing and this morning has slept for a good 3 hours in there so I have managed to get some rest!
My concern is that I can't stop downstairs with her forever but I can't lie her down because she won't settle and is sick
Does anyone have any advise or do you think it's something that will just get better in time? Xx

Aww sorry to hear that hun. Unfortunately I've not much by way of tips for settling her other than tips from the other girls... Wrap daddy's t shirt around her mattress? Put a book under the back legs so it's not laying flat... Lay her in it in the day while she's happy so she gets used to it??

What Frances has said hehe
Plus have you tried swaddling? Worked well for Thomas, still does when he won't settle.
We moved him to cot after 6 weeks as well as he never liked his Moses basket, he knew it was his night time bed but as soon as it was morning he wouldn't go back in but think it helped he knew it was his night time bed so you could try this as well as seeing if she'll get used to it in the day.
Hope something works for you soon so you get some rest! Xxx

Its so difficult because what works for one baby may not for another. Best tips for a mucusy baby though is always tilt the cot. Have you tried letting her sleep in her carrycot during the day and then put it in the room at night too so she is used to it and feels cosy. Also let her sleep on her side rather than her back, the mucus may be heavy on the back of her throat and chest.

Not much help sorry, hopefully the stuff will flush out of her system with plenty of feeds xx

Thanks girls for your advise I am going to try and start putting her down in it during the day and will also try putting a book under the legs of the head end and see if that helps!
Xx

Thanks Frances , last night was definitely the best night sleep so far .. Going to brave the Moses basket tonight and try and crack it !

She hasn't been sick after the last few feeds I have given so I'm really hoping her tummy is starting to settle and she is getting over the mucus .

Oh forgot to mention I went to slimming world yesterday for my first post-ruby weigh in and I was 14lbs down in total and 7lb away from my bfp weight . That means I'm 19lbs away from target eeek ! Hopefully breastfeeding will help the weight to fall off quickly :)

image-3447870520.jpg

image-1542808556.jpg

Xxx

She's adorable :)
It's making me want my baby here NOW! :) xx

Glad you had a better night and fingers crossed the mucus is on it's way out!
Well done on your WI, not long to go! X

Aww Sammie.. She's adorable.. And you look fab!! You must have missed the memo to look like death warmed up after having a baby.. lol
Glad it was a better night.. Hopefully she's got rid of the mucus and the sick stops :)

How is Daddy with her? Is he besotted? Does it make you cry every time you look at them? (I still do this on occasion.. lol)

Aww Sammie.. She's adorable.. And you look fab!! You must have missed the memo to look like death warmed up after having a baby.. lol Glad it was a better night.. Hopefully she's got rid of the mucus and the sick stops :) How is Daddy with her? Is he besotted? Does it make you cry every time you look at them? (I still do this on occasion.. lol)

Haha I don't know about looking fab the bags under my eyes after the last few nights are not a good look! Thank god got make up eh !

Dad is great its so heartwarming when I see him with her makes me very emotional! X

Hi everyone
Ruby is 11 days old today and she really is good as gold .
Her sickness has pretty much gone now so it's a lot less stressful as I can put her down without having to worry about her choking .
Last night she slept in her Moses basket for half of the night ( yay ) . Thought I would give it another try as her sickness has almost gone and was ecstatic when she slept for 3 hours in it ! Hoping for the same again tonight but for longer.
Feeding is going really well she has had a few expressed bottles I think 3 in total since she was born but trying my best to breast feed unless a bottle is completely necessary as I don't want her to get confused.
In other news I weighed in at SW this morning and am down 5lbs wahoo!! So that takes me 2lbs away from bfp weight and 1 stone from target. Oh and I got slimmer of the week which was really nice :)
Hope everyone is well xx

Well done mummy on the weight loss and ruby on having a sleep in her basket. You've done really well to get on track with SW so soon after having her I'm impressed although not enough to start counting myself ha xxx

Back