Sammy - Struggling with points

I am actually finding it good so far, the way I think is I can have anything on the diet as long as I point it, the longer I am on this diet I seem to look at food as points, dont know if anybody feels like that.... I went for my weight in tonight, my first after the Christmas break and I lost 6 lbs, (watched it over the Christmas) I was delighted so I have lost 4 stone 2lbs so far,

I track everyday which helps me, I vary my diet, and try not to think about how much I have to lose, but I need to start exercising, but with the weather being so bad and cold it puts me off. How are you finding it with your first week over??

Not too bad so far. I find either I am bang on my points or no where near (IE 10 points less than I should be having) I dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing?! I always deduct 4 a day so I can let my hair down Saturday night.

6lbs is brill....well done xx

Hi, I am like that somedays with the points, somedays I could use them all and some day like you I would have 10 left over, and like you I also kept points for the weekend, thats what I did over Christmas and it helped as I was still allowing myself things I liked to eat. By not eating all your points some people say when you get to target you will have to have very little points to keep your weight down. I found when I started the diet I was eating 10 or 12 points less then what I was allowed and I was losing about 1 or 1.5 pounds a week and I was told to eat more by my leader and I did and I lose anywhere from 2 to 3 pounds a week but for some reason with me every four to five weeks I stay the same. I've joined a team on this site to lose weight together, I taught it might give me support as I have so much to lose and every little bit helps, are you going to join????? I am on this site about two weeks so I dont really know what is involved apart from losing weight........

I didnt realise there were teams....I am going to have a look.

People have told me its best to eat your points so I am going to make more of an effort to do so this week!
x

Another 3lb off this week! x

Not sure what you are eating but remeber that as you have so many points to use you could have semi-skimmed milk etc or the higher fat version instead of the lower point version. Then when you go down a point brakcet you can drop to the low fat version. Id make the most of your points while you have them! Some days i wish i had 30 instead of 20 (soon to be 19! NOoooooooooo :p)

You seem to be doing really well, i need to up my excercise too but i have no motivation!

Well done Sammy.....another 3 lbs aft a huge loss last week!!! fab!!.x

Thanks Ladies!

I have been rubbish at updating over the past week because of 12 hour days most days. Caught up with me last night and I was ill, but slept loads and think I am back to myself now. Will make more of an effort to do food diries this week as I could do with some advice. Hope you all had a good week and a great week ahead x

Congratualtions, on your 3lb weight loss, that is 12lbs in two weeks that is brillant and a great incentive to keep on going, the weight seems to be falling off you and it wont be long untill we see your after photos good luck, just remember not to go to low on points...

Thanks Oneday. I gather now its not good to go under. I had days when I was 10 points short and was thinking well if I am eating less surely thats better....but I'm guessing thats not right?! x

leaving yourself short of 10 points is to much, it works at the beginning as you do lose a lot of weight.(hope I explain this right) I did the same as yourself, but I was told if you keep cutting your points its not going to help in the long run, say when you go down to 30 points and you use 26 and then you go down to 24 and you use 20, when you get to your target and say that is 20 points or 18 points, how low will you have to go down on your points to keep your weight off, because our ultimate goal is to keep the weight down, if you go to low your body will go into shock and you will find it harder to lose the weight (i hope i explained that ok) and why not use all our points while we can maybe an extra treat. last night my partner had a snickers bar and I do like them so i pointed it and couldn't believe it was 6 points, so I had a flake instead at 3 points, of a kit kat senses bar for 3.5 points.

So yesterday I had

Cereal, 3 ham tom onion and salad cream wraps, bag of skips and 2 dairylea dunkers which came to 20 points.

I am on 35 points and save 4 a day so had 11 left. Then I ate 2 kit kat chunkys :mad: however i figured them out at 5.5 points each so within points but feel like I could have made a better choice.

Woke up late today so just about to have some cereal. Prob have wraps throughout the day as I am at work again till late. Will update later. Hope you all have a good day x

Hi it took me a while as well to get use to the points, remember as you lose more weight your points go down so you wont be able to have bars all the time so enjoy the treat while you can. Maybe if you dont have much time to eat when you are working, have a bigger breakfast in morning, thats what i do, and things like popcorn (2 or2.5 points) or Tesco do bread sticks and there 6 bread sticks for 2.5 points and they are very filling, or melba toast with low fat cheese triangles, you can fill up without eating, bars.

Back