Sammy's Journey - this time I WILL do it!

loving reading about your progress - well done

Sometimes when you have to plan days off it can be hard to get back on track but it seems like you have all the kinks ready to be ironed out!

Your a real inspiration missy! don't forget it :D

Thanks all :)

I didnt mention in my first post but the sole reason for me starting the Tony Ferguson diet back in May was I was meant to be getting Married in 2011... that all went tits up (putting it mildly lol) and my ex's parting words to me were "if you leave me, your never find anyone else to take you looking as fat and ugly as you do" and that was after he had been insulting my looks and the type of person I am for ages, I flipped him the finger and drove off, but his words absolutely destroyed my confidence... then just before I started Exante I had been on a date with a bloke and over heard his friends making fun of him for being out with a "fatty", never heard from him again after that so the tiny bit of confidence I had got back after my ex was shattered along with any else I had lurking away.

So here I am, having lost over 50lbs and with less self worth and confidence then I had when I started this diet!

I had a bloke I knew from years and years ago, add me on facebook and ask to meet up for a drink, he made it pretty obvious he had liked me for years and was interested in me, more then just as mates... I agreed to see him, then realized last time he saw me I was 9 stone! Chickened out and cancelled, havent heard from him since, so think he is a bit annoyed I cancelled but then I havent really been contacting him because im trying to buy more time... I keep telling myself "lose another stone and I'll see him" pathetic huh!

And now another blast from the past has contacted me... now this bloke... is a freaking Adonis!.... Its kinda a long story but I met him through my ex... they worked together (both in the Army but then went to different regiments so arent in contact anymore and werent really friends, just worked together) he heard through others that me and my ex had split and heard how badly it ended, so contacted me to say how sorry he was and stuff, then asked for my number.... eek... I did some spying thanks to good old facebook... and ohhhhh myyyyyy he is just as fit as he was 7 years ago, Im talking 6 pac the lot and the most beautiful face Ive ever seen on a bloke! It should be illegal to look so good!

Aaaaanyway, we have been texting and he has called me a few times but he is now asking to go out on a date.... he has been asking for a couple of weeks now and last night I run out of excuses... he lives 10mins from me when he is at home and ive agreed to go out with him next friday... now starting to panic, feel like Im lining myself up for another confidence knock.

Ive tried letting him know that I dont look like he remembers... but in a jokey way and he keeps telling me to stop being silly and stop worrying... oh well... another week of 100% and I could be in the 11s... still at least 2 stone heavier then I was when he last saw me.

I know its stupid to put so much on weight and if he doesnt like me as I am, then I should say screw him... but thats not easy to think that way when your confidence has already been destroyed, esp when someone likes me from my personality and from how they remember I looked, so if it doesnt like me now... its because of my weight. And yes I know that would make him shallow but it still hurts to know thats why someone doesnt like you!

Cor thats a long post... haha just needed to get it off my chest I guess

Im sure he will think you look fab so dont worry yourself youve already told him your not the same as before and he doesnt seem bothered so you will be fine.just keep going with tfr and youll be even slimmer next week hun.

I just want to say go for it - I think you look stunning x (and bet you wouldn't even be contemplating it before you lost what you've already lost)

I know it's about how you feel inside but don't get too hung up on the numbers - you look gorgeous and I'm sure he will think so too :banana dancer: sorry couldn't resist the smiley - keep us posted

awww, its horrid when you get knocked down all the time. my ex hubby rammed it into me that no one would ever give me a second glance.
hold your head up high when you meet him. if it dosnt work out then dont take it personaly but im sure all will be fine ;)

Thank you everyone!

Well I've managed to buy some more time hahaha AND I didnt even have to cancel, his words were "I was so excited that you finally agreed to a date that i totally forgot its my works xmas ball" and now he feels all bad so is being sweet and I am actually busy every weekend until Xmas so I've said how about between xmas and new year.... oh nooo as Im typing this he just text me and asked me to go to the ball with him.... no no no noooooooo... oh eek

ah go go go

Go for it girly!
You are looking fab, you really have nothing to worry about at all.
I'm jealous, no guy has asked me out to any xmas balls *cries* hehe.

Haha no im not going to the ball, I dont fit into any of my ball gowns and Im not buying another one right in the middle of my diet, just be a waste of money

aww boo! lol jks hun! I went and bought some new clothes from primarni 2 days ago and they are already hanging off me after just 3 days!

I did have a sneaky peek this morning after just 2 days so if the scales are right no wonder they are baggy!

I know, it does get a bit expensive on the clothes front! My last pair of work trousers lasted me 4 weeks before they were miles too big, and within 6 weeks they were actually falling down, got a new pair two weeks ago, which were a bit tight and they now fit fine, maybe a tiny bit loose around the waist but should have another 3 or 4 weeks before they are hanging off me again, but its nice in a way, you see a physical change in how your clothes fit so quickly, it helps you stay focused!

Its very possible you could lose between 7 and 14lbs in your first week! So your clothes will be feeling a bit big for you! Because I came over to Exante from Tony Ferguson, my first week was 6lbs, which I was still really happy with, esp considering I was already on part food replacement.

Thats great! Keep it up and your have a great first weeks loss!

Hi Sammy looks like you have all the boys after you

I know what it feels like to be knocked by a partner about your weight - its pretty crappy!

Shame ypu couldn't go to the ball but I get what yo mean about the clothes, hopefully you can have that date soon.

Thanks Eeyore haha not quite but a couple are showing an interest... the shallow creatures that they are!

Well Im hating TOTM... Mother Nature is EVILLLLL, 1 lb gained since Sat and have been 100% BUT I do normally gain a few pounds during TOTM... so if its only a pound hopefully it might go away, I will be sooooo upset if I gain or dont lose anything this week after being 100%

Well... after he had been texting me all day asking to meet after work... I gave in and agreed, I really had no excuses left lol, he was about 5mins from where I work, so anyway met him in a bar near where I work at 5, just got home as he has to drive back to London, which where he is, is about 2 hours drive, so we didnt stay out long

By the time I got home he had already text me asking to see me again... haha

oooh exciting stuff lady :D Are you gonna?

x

told ya hed love ya hun well done for plucking up the courage.

Back