Sammy's road to slimdom!!

I set up my Wii and Xbox today too so I can do a bit of exercise x

Hi Sammy,

1lb is nothing-you know that and the Zumba probably helped so well done.

I had a little blip but I'm over it-into a new week and downwards I go...

Good luck for this week-weather will be terrible again apparently so you're better off sticking to the Wii and indoor exercises:)

A 1lb gain is nothing n u willl lose it just like that hehe u luk amazin 'referring to ur ball pic' luked like cinderella awww hehe n all ur hard wrk defo shows in the pix i kno in sayin it yet again bt defo inspiration n motivation for me hun hehe x

Ah the 1lb was just a hint of what was to come. There's an extra 2 shoved on this morning. So that's a 3lb gain which makes more sense and is totally expected. So this weeks battle is to chip away at the same old stale fat. Got this weekend off plan and then can concentrate on my mission to goal which I'm really looking forward to doing.

Thanks Pri, I felt really good on the night (not so good the next morning!! Ha ha!!).

Jewel is the Xbox good? I've always been tempted but we rarely use the wii as it is so not sure if it's worth forking out for something else we might not use. Hmm.
I've got Zumba on the wii and it does 20min ones so I should be able to fit at least one in while Edens asleep!! It tells you how many calories you've shimmied away too. Not sure how accurate it is but any sort of moving and grooving has gotta be doing some good!!

Hope everyone has a power Monday!!
I'm doing a 'fasting' day today - slim n save. 4 packs and skimmed milk for my tea. Potentially a sugar free jelly if I feel the need. But hopefully if I start my packs late and have an early night I should feel ok fitting them into my day!!

Good luck everyone Xx

Good morning Sammy,

I'm doing a fasting day too-in fact I'm going to try a fasting week.I tried it last week and felt so much better-I used your life saving trick of sugar free jelly and it really was a life saver!!

It's my birthday this week and my kids want to bake me a chocolate cake,bless them.I'll let them bake it,do an obligatory taste and then back to S and S.I have 3 weeks until my Manchester trip and I know if I put my mind to it there could be almost a stone gone before that trip.Here's hoping!

I completely understand why you want to get back into a routine to goal-all these breaks,although enjoyable at the time are really a pain in the butt,aren't they??

Total pain in the butt!!
Ha ha.
I actually feel my heart sink when another thing crops up. Which is sad that I should feel like that. And I do enjoy it at the time, but I'm like, ahhh does it have to be a lunch out AGAIN!!
It's mainly because I still have no resistance muscle to avoid puddings.

I was hoping to do a 5:2 week but the two fasting days need to be separate, but when I look at my chocka schedule I think it's gonna have to be Monday and Tuesday. But will get through today first before making my masterplan to conquer the world! 24 hours is my first challenge!! :)

Aww bless your kiddies, it's always bad timing isn't it!!
I bought a really small cake tin for things now so that any baking only creates a small cake and therefore less tempting leftovers!!
Oh and slinkyson on here suggested putting a portion of sugar free jelly in the freezer and then eating it - takes aaaages, and is a bit like a sorbet. Makes it last and makes a change!! You need to take it out about half an hour before you want to attempt to eat it though unless you don't mind have Uri Geller bent spoons!! (Yes, I did that!) :)

Xx

Haha at the bending spoons!! I like the Xbox, I do a lot of the dancing games for exercise but you can get these on the Wii too so might not be worth getting. I have both just because my daughter finds the Wii easier to play x

Ah ok, I'll keep going on the Zumba and if I do keep using it then I'll invest in some other 'games'!

Well hello Xena! Just catching back up after going AWOL this weekend!

3lbs will be off in no time hun....you've done brilliantly for it to take a while to come back slowly.....you'll do great xx

Thanks everyone.

I hope so. I hate seeing the scales creeping up and panic that this is just the beginning of a downward spiral to gaining all the weight back again. I know it's just bad timing with lots of social activities all happening at the same time. But I do still worry that maybe I wasn't 'meant' to be this weight, and that I'll never be able to stick to a lifestyle where I can be slim. I've never been slim for a long period - ever!

Fasting day is nearly done. Let's not ruin it all now!! Xx

Sammy....you need not worry about this for now as you have the tools and you know what to do...you have proved this so far and you're doing it right now....in life we will get periods like this and its all about what we do to fix it with the new found tools we have...you'll blink and that gain will be gone :) xx

Right - last weekends gain has gone ready to be regained this weekend!!
Stale fat!

Last weekend of social off plan naughtiness and then I can be a good girl. Shed whatever happens as a result of this weekend - I'll place my bets on a 3lb gain if I were a betting gal!
And once my new gain has gone I can get back to fresh fat! Feels like I've been rooted to the spot these last few weeks, although I have to say I am pleased that a.) I didn't slip back up to the 10's. Phew. And also that b.) I've managed to re-lose the gain each week. It's not an ideal scenario but it does go a long way to helping me think about future and maintenance.

Did a 2 hour exercise session today - aerobics followed by Zumba. Certainly feeling it but pleased I did it. Plus hopefully it'll help counterbalance the excess calories consumed over this weekend.

Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend.

Xx

I know the feeling, I have been bouncing around between 11st 8lbs and 11st 12lbs now since Christmas, back on it xx

It's frustrating isn't it. I feel my whole life is going to be a constant battle of going up and down 3lbs and worry one day I'll just snap and say screw it and keep going up and up and up and up :(

So far I have a 2.5lb gain, will wait for the scales to even out/catch up - usually around Tuesday. Think it'll likely be a 3lb gain. Will battle against that this week and then I can really crack on next week against fresh fat (hopefully!) with NO plans!! Phew. Who knew February was so sociable!! Lol.

Hope everyone's feeling good in this dismal weather (well it is down here!!)

Xx

May not be great for diet progress but social whirling through February sounds the best way to deal with it.

The constant vigilance aspect can really depress me. Seems so unfair. But when the alternative is being fat and miserable an avoiding lots of fun stuff then that's not fair either. I really need to think what I will do to stop the rot if I decide to give up. I think everyone has a half stone window but I worry about the dangers of yo-yoing more

Have a good day

oh ladies i hear ya about the bouncing around losing and gaining the same poundage.....but we must persevere as this is not a diet...its about changing our attitudes and food/exercise lifestyles and working hard on managing the times when the reigns do get loosened......you've done great so far and kept control with the knowledge you've gained so far....you're all in a much better place than you were before where it would have just spiralled for some.....you should be proud you've kept a lid on it and had some fun along the way xx

+4lb gain! What a difference not having a 'fasting' day makes :(
Hate hate hate the way my body just piles on weight so easily.
Friday was lunch out with wine, Saturday was double exercise class(!) and m&s meal for two with wine, Sunday was christening buffet (but not overindulging by any means!)
The rest of the time was healthy low cal. When all put into MFP each day I came to between 1700-2000 cals a day.
And that equals a 4lbs gain. (Not glycogen or water as I hadn't been SnS-ing before), it's pure weight gain.

Grrr.

So it looks like for maintenance I'll have to hover around 1500 a day (which is the average woman on a diets intake of calories).

Right enough stropping, time to tackle this 4lb gain.

Humph.

Xx

Aww sammy ima sure the 4lb will disappear quick nuf bt i kno wt u mean in a way coz my body is bit like tht puts weight on js like tht :( n dnt even kno hw it appens like i had a day off on sunday mt even stood on the scaels to see the famage cz too scared haha..."lol at the feb social month least its keepin u busy hun n iv had lots of ppl ask me hw im gna maintain as tho its reli easy to b on diet all ur life it is nt alwys doable as there wil b social events in life wher u may wna go to etc n have fun as losin weight is js one element twrds it if ur nething like me, me being fat stopped me frm going out at all lool and Clin is rite its nt fair either way bt we can do this and uv defo come a long way and r lukin brilliant for it :) mwaah

Back