Sample menu - Could this work?

PinkToaster

Silver Member
I have been yoyoing on and off slimming world since my first weigh in when I didn't lose any weight, and as a result, I've gained about 2 lbs. Obviously this is bad and I know I have to get with it.
I know that temptation takes the better of me during lunch at college. I've tried different varieties of lunch to no avail. So I was wondering if the following would work:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix with 100ml semi skim OR two Alpen light bars - Hex A + B

Lunch: A BOUGHT egg mayonnaise sandwich on wholemeal. Carrot sticks, apple, raspberries.

Evening meal - Something completely free, such as a curry recipe from the magazine, or free bolognase/cottage pie/egg and beans, and so on.

No syns apart from the sandwich. I would only have to do this 4 out of 7 days, as the weekends are fine and I come home before lunch on wednesdays.

I just need to know the amount of syns in an average egg mayo sandwich on wholemeal, and if I can deduct syns for the wholemeal if I count it as a HexB.

Please help me, because I'm getting so down about my weight. I can't describe the disappointment I felt when I didn't lose any weight my first week. My boyfriend's friend's mum got slimmer of the week this week, and it just felt like salt in a wound.

I know nobody can do this for me, I am the one who has to resist temptation and stick to it. I just need a little help figuring out how.

Hi hun, where do you plan on buying the sandwich?

A local bakery. The nearest supermarket doesn't do sandwiches on wholemeal. I know that makes it more difficult.

Thats a nuisance because you will have no idea of how many syns you are using, your idea would work, but I think you would soon be in a rut again, as one of the secrets to a good result on this plan is variety, could'nt you have yoghurt and fruit at breakfast, and take an Asda GFY tuna & pasta salad 2.5 syns on green (IE) for lunch and then have lots of scope when you get home? do you have a food directory?

No I don't, and I'm a vegetarian which limits the sandwich options. Plus I'm a picky vegetarian which limits them even more, I don't like cheese or onion. :s

Somerfield. Last time I checked their sandwiches were on white.

also if you have access to a kettle u could have a mugshot which some are free and meat free and swap it between sandwich and that.

maybe make some pasta with a tomato sauce for tea and hav left overs at work?

I wonder if eating more would help? I had a couple of green days last week and ate loads and still lost. I always try and have both healthy A's and B's to get the calcium and fibre, both of which are suppposed to make the weight go quicker.

Don't to be too despondant, the weight will come off eventually, you've got a forum full of people to help you along!

I have been eating the quorn ham in hovis/nimble wholemeal for lunch and it just doesn't fill me up. I've taken carrots, quorn picnic eggs, home made crisps, rasperries, strawberries, alpen light bars, all kinds of things to eat with it but it just doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's my body adjusting, I don't know, but I always always feel deprived and end up buying something I shouldn't.
I don't have access to a kettle or any hot water, I checked. I should make a suggestion to the college...

I feel like I'm just making excuses but I'm honestly not. It's difficult to stick to a plan when you're left to your own devices at lunch. I started slimming world the week before college, and during that week I managed to stick to Food Optimising 100% with the exception of Pizza Hut which was unavoidable. I think that's why I didn't lose any weight. It was terrible timing.

I have been eating the quorn ham in hovis/nimble wholemeal for lunch and it just doesn't fill me up. I've taken carrots, quorn picnic eggs, home made crisps, rasperries, strawberries, alpen light bars, all kinds of things to eat with it but it just doesn't seem to work. Maybe it's my body adjusting, I don't know, but I always always feel deprived and end up buying something I shouldn't.
I don't have access to a kettle or any hot water, I checked. I should make a suggestion to the college...

if your own sandwiches dont fill you up, why would a brought one??

I don't know. More filling in them perhaps? More appetising? Sandwiches tend to wilt when they've been in your bag for 5 hours.

I feel like I'm just making excuses but I'm honestly not. It's difficult to stick to a plan when you're left to your own devices at lunch. I started slimming world the week before college, and during that week I managed to stick to Food Optimising 100% with the exception of Pizza Hut which was unavoidable. I think that's why I didn't lose any weight. It was terrible timing.
dont feel like ur making excuses coz we all know its hard at different places/times.
you menu looks great APART from the brought sandwich.
you cant really deduct the bread because its normally more then a 400g loaf of bread ect.
we are all here for advice and support hun, this is a supportive and friendly group. :D

Back