Sams Diary - Back on SS

Have a good break but stick to the diet!
see you naxt week!

Day 53

Im back. Ive had a lovely 4 days away and the weather has been lovely. I'm very lucky to have inlaws that I get on well with, and it was great to catch up with them all.

Dietwise, I have managed to stick to 790 as planned, although I have had a couple of glasses of champagne. I got my scales off the top of the wardrobe this morning and it looks like I have lost a 1lb while I have been away so I think it has been a success. Im sure I have remained in ketosis as I havent really been hungry and still have dog breath from hell.

I have really enjoyed eating over the last few days and at least I know now that I can do 790 without going overboard so that was good to know. However I am going to try to get back onto SS today as I really want to get another stone or more off before my birthday on 12th Sept.

THe weather has been lovely hasnt it this weekend. Im hoping its the start of summer so I can get outdoors more with the kids. Ive had a quick read of everyones diaries and it seems everyone is doing well.

hellloooo sam! i'm so pleased that 790 went well for you...that you stuck to it is a great feat in itself. good luck getting back to SS, but i dont htink you'll need it! you will get back into the groove.

yes the weather has been devine over the weekend. a little bit too warm for me. but then again, i did spend alot of time driving in the car with no A/C so perhaps it felt warmer than it really did.

glad to have you back.
now, if i can just find our anne...hmmm.

123538dq35iysso7.gif

welcome home sam
the weekend sounded great
well done for not gaining and going mad while away

you`ll soon be back on ss with a vengance

keep up the good work
kaz xxxx

Sounds like the weather,company,diet & illegal champagne were all perfect for the W/e.
Excelent.

Day 54

Doesnt time fly! When I started this diet I couldnt imagine lasting a fortnight let alone almost 8 weeks. It hasnt been easy and Ive had my naughty moments, but on the whole, 8 weeks is a massive achievement for me.

I managed to SS properly yesterday for the first time in about a week. I was hungry towards the end of the day but managed to fight it. I think I may have overdone it with the water though as i had leg cramps during the night. I did 5L yesterday which is the most Ive ever done so Im going to go back to 4l today and hope that the cramps were a one off.

Had a lovely sunny day here so spent some time playing in the garden with the kids and we went to feed the ducks. Going to visit my sister shortly so the kids can let off some steam in her garden.

Had a cranberry bar for brekkie this morning and have had 2L water so far. I have to work this evening 6 - 10 so need to get my water finished before 6.

right then. Off to catch up on everyones diaries. Have a good one today everyone.

Hi Sam glad you had a lovely weekend, it sounded fab. Well done for getting back into ss. Hope you have a good rest of the week, good luck for weigh in on thurs. You are doing fab:)

Day 55

Well diet was good yesterday. Managed to stay on track again.

The sunshine is really helping. Its lovely not to be cooped up indoors all the time. Will be taking the kids to the park again in a bit when I get off my lazy backside and get dressed!

Weigh in tomorrow for me. Dont know what to expect due to me doing 790 for 4 days but we will see.

I cut back the water to just under 4 litres yesterday and no more leg cramps so it seems 4 litres is my limit. I feel like Im retaining water though as my rings are a bit tight again. Mind you totm is due soon so could just be that.

Right then. Im off to the park. Have a great day everyone

hello hello!
you seem to be getting back on track pretty well. and i'm pleased for you. i'll be curious about your results tomorrow! i'm sure you'll lose at least 2. my fingers are crossed for you to have pleasant result, especially with 790 week.

as far as the water consumption, i usually get 4L a day in. and thats pushing my tolerance levels as it is. i cant imagine going for 5L. wow! its good that the cramps are gone though.

ok, just a short note here to say hello and wish you luck with the w.i. tomorrow!

must
go to
sleep!
chat with you soon!

Day 56

Just back from weigh in and have lost another 4lb. Im well happy with that after doing 790 for 4 days, but my losses the previous two weeks were a little lower so i guess I was due a good week.

Im only 2lb off my three stone now so im going to be extra good this week to make sure that comes off by next thurs.

Had my nephew to stay over last night so going to take him back in a bit. Just going to catch up on all the posts on here first.

Day 57

On to week 9 then. Who'd have thought that little old me could stick to a diet for 8 whole weeks.... Im the lightest Ive been for a very very long time. At least 7 years. I'm so close to being 14 stone something and I havent been in the 14's for nearly 10 years.

Havent really got much to say today. The weather is lovely so have spent yesterday and today mostly in the garden with the kids. Im sunbathing while they have made a water slide and the paddling pool is out.

my autumn winter next directory has arrived today and Ive been looking to see what clothes I can buy for my birthday which is just over a month away. Im hoping I'll be into the size 14s by then.

Right then. Back to the sunshine. Catch you all later.

Hi sam Well done on that 4lb loss this week that is excellant:D It will be no time at all before you are into those size 14's. Have a fab week.

Day 59

Had a lovely day out yesterday at the west midlands safari park. I love it there. For anyone who hasnt been, you actually drive through the animal enclosures and feed them from your cars, unlike a conventional zoo where the animals are in cages and you look in on them.

It was really hot and got a bit sunburned. Not too badly though and it has turned a lovely shade of brown this morning.

I have decided to move to 790 and yesterday was my first day. I took a lovely chicken salad to the safari park with me and ate that while the family tucked into their picnic. it is so nice to eat with them and i didnt do any picking yesterday. It is definitely better for me to have a proper, planned meal instead of picking at things as I have been doing again before yesterday.

I also tasted the marigold bouillon yesterday for the first time. Im sure that is going to be a godsend for me on the hungrier days. Only 12 cals per cup. Does anyone know how many cups are permitted a day?

DD1 has gone to her dads today, and Neil has taken DD2 out to give me time to catch up on the housework. I can fly through it when the kids are not here, but when they are at home I just want to play with them and have fun so the housework gets neglected. Its nice and tidy now and 3rd load of washing is in. On the downside that means I have a date with the ironing board tonight.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone. its two calendar months for me on Wednesday so will be updating my measurements again.

Day 60

feeling really positive about the diet again now. Im glad I decided to move to 790 as it has stopped me picking. I may be able to return to SS in the future but for now 790 is the right plan for me.

Im hoping to hit my second mini goal this week of 15 stone. I need 3lb for that. Im going to be really good with the water and try to be a bit more active. I only need 6lb to hit the 1/2 way mark so Im excited about that.

Im also hoping that the christmas challenge is going to keep me focused. I didnt expect such a great response to that. I thought people would think I was mental for thinking of Christmas in August. I'll be more than happy with 3 stone off by december, but who knows, if I really go for it I could even be at target. How cool would that be!!

I have now lost more than the weight of my 3 year old daughter (who is very tall for her age) The bizarre thing is that if we are out for a walk and she needs picking up, I cant carry her for more than 100yards as she feels so heavy. Just two months ago I was carrying that weight around every day, no wonder I was so knackered.

Right then. On to another day. Have had 2 coffees and a litre of fizzy water so far. Going to have my shower in a bit then a strawberry shake for brekkie at about 10. Hope everyone else is OK.

gooood morning sam! first of all, i'm so happy that the 790 is working out so well for you. i havent ever considered it for myself...but if i keep picking, i may attempt to follow in your footsteps for a short while. we shall see how this week goes.

its been a hectic & emotional weekend as you will expect. but i'll update that in my diary so you wont have to read it twice. but i wanted to send a huge personal thank you to you...for being so concerned and supportive with your words through the drama here in "dis-village". ;)

you are so very cool & great....ty ty ty.
good luck with 790 this week & the new challenges you have entered. i think i just might join the xmas one as well. woot woot!

Hi Sam I think it is a really good idea going on to 790 if you find yourself picking. I dont think the losses are very much different. I have thought about doing this myself as when i have eaten i have had green salad with chicken and really enjoyed it so i think having that meal must help alot. You are doing fantastic to have lost almost 3 stone is brill. I really enjoy catching up on your diary:) Have a good week.

Day 61

what is with this weather?? I thought summer was here and now we are stuck indoors again because it has been pouring with rain all day.

I have been looking into these universal contour wraps and am trying to summon up the courage to book one. They are meant to be fantastic for inch loss and firming up but the thought of being naked infront of a beautician is freaking me out a bit. I may book it as a treat when I have got another stone off. The reviews I have read have all been positive so I just need to overcome this fear.

Nothing exciting to report really. the kids are going to their grandparents for a couple of days on Sunday so Im going to go clothes shopping and try on various sizes to see where Im at. I may try to get to the gym as well as I really need to get off my lazy ass and do something.

Will update measurements tomorrow as I move into month 3!

Back