SandraB update

So good to hear from you Sandra, glad you're feeling well or bit better at least. I hope you don't have to be in for too long, although it is at least warm in there, something not guaranteed in any of our homes at the moment...brrr! It's good that you get to choose your food, and you sound like you are making such sensible choices, well done you, I can't say that I'd be that good in your circumstances. I'm struggling a bit these past few days, no weight has shifted this week at all yet and I am desperately obsessed with food, think I might have to refeed from Tuesday before I have a stupid binge or something!!!

Anyway, all the best Sandra, I hope you've a good stock of magazines to flick through and a few more Lindor to keep you company..you deserve them..xxx

Thx Ella.....I'm so worried about even putting on a lb but I'm sure that I will have cos I've had a couple of slices of bread and cereal so will doubtless be retaining some water. Def no Lindor though.....

This cold is dreadful, it's gotten a bit warmer here and all the snow has melted. Don't know what the forecast is? Not happy that when I get home I won't be able to light the wood burner cos I'm not allowed to bend or kneel for months!

glad the op went well, sending my get well wishes xxxxx

Up date!

Got rid of the drains and the tap in my hand yesterday afternoon and my dear friend Cath left this morning! So am now free of tubes, bottles, drips and other associated crap!

Have walked a little yesterday but keep getting really dizzy even when just sitting up in a chair so keep going horizontal.....planning on trying to get to the shower later as even though I have had a lovely refreshing bed bath (can you detect a hint of sarcasm?) it's not the same when you're used to a shower every morning....my hair is rank too and hanging in rat's tails......I'm gonna look bloody awful when people come round, should've brought a turban with me a la Joan Collins!

Still hoping to leave tomorrow but will all depend on my bloody blood pressure which remains low.....perhaps I should hang my head over the end of the bed to get the blood rushing to my head? Any other ideas?

How is everyone today? X

That's it! I'm up, showered, hair washed and dressed. Got the crutches and all the old people gadgets! Sprinted the length of the corridor and flown up and down a flight of stairs! Ok so I made the last sentence up cos the speed at which I did it was laughable. But the good thing is that I can go home tomorrow! Only thing I have been warned about, apart from the obvious stuff, is that I am going to be exhausted until my body makes up for the blood loss........

Will weigh myself as usual on Wednesday, a bit scared about that as I have had a few carbs in here? Will read the ww stuff and send Paul shopping. Have to workout my diet using ww with low carb and very high protein, so I don't think that it's going to be too much of a problem......do you? Still haven't had so much as a chocolate, a potato or a pudding (does muller light count?) in here so maybe I'll be ok. Still don't know what my ceramic hip weighs and I think that my consultant might think that I've lost the plot if I ask him!

Have a good week all, I guess that I am going to be on here a lot! Xxxx

Great you are leaving hospital. Good luck with the physio.

Back