Sarah (westiegirl)

A friend of mine just sent me this - I thought it was appropriate to post it here.

You can shed a tear that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived

You can close your eyes and pray she'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see her
or you can be full of the love you shared

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live for yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she's gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes love and go on.

That's lovely, Isabel, maybe one day I will be able to smile again, when I think of her. At the moment I am stunned.

It has made me think that I (and all of us) believe that losing weight successfully will make us happier or more successful or whatever. Sarah believed it, and she struggled for years to achieve a lasting weight loss.

Looking at these posts, so awsome, so incredibly special, makes me realise that Sarah was perfect as she was. A wonderful young woman, so giving, so wise, so blind to her special beauty.

She didn't need to change anything.

I truly hope she can see this amazing outpouring of love and grief and respect for her, on this forum, on Facebook, and elsewhere. I hope her family can see it also, and be comforted.

AJ

If the truth .. the brutal honest truth be known - I kinda buried my head in the sand a little with this. I'm terrified of cancer. In the last 8 days two people I know have died of cancer.

I had a discussion with another Miniminer in respect to contacting Sarah only last week. I distinctly remember saying words to the effect of "I don't feel it's right me bombarding Sarah with text messages, she's a friend whom i made via minimins, but I don't feel it's my place to be texting her when she's so ill. She has her family and close IRL friends around her -she's not well, it's not my place to me/ Minimins will probably be the last thing on her mind". Sarah had been on my mind because two days previous I had someone else die of cancer ... but I truly felt out of order to overstep my place.

Coming back to Minimins has reminded me what an absolute gem of a person she was - we need so many more people like her around.

Even though I've not been around here much lately she used to correspond with me and yes the time she took to reply to my PMs was and will be always cherished.

I remember saying to her once that I wished she lived closer to me or vica versa ... and those sentiments really do still ring true. I remember the last time I saw her, she gave me a big hug and kiss - those Minimins meets really do have a purpose don't they!

I am so so very very sorry she's gone - I feel so sad she had a bum deal with relationships (ironically finding closure a mere few months ago), I feel bad she'll not see her nephew who she doted on grow up. There are so many many things Sarah posted about and mentioned to me that makes her sudden and premature passing all the more unfair, darn darn.

I can only imagine the devastation her family are feeling right now .... what I think or feel is a drop in the ocean. I'm thinking of them and hope and pray they can get through the tough times ahead.

Rest in peace Cariad ...... I really hope you can hear me say this to you. You REALLY REALLY REALLY will be missed in life.

If the truth .. the brutal honest truth be known - I kinda buried my head in the sand a little with this. I'm terrified of cancer. In the last 8 days two people I know have died of cancer.

I had a discussion with another Miniminer in respect to contacting Sarah only last week. I distinctly remember saying words to the effect of "I don't feel it's right me bombarding Sarah with text messages, she's a friend whom i made via minimins, but I don't feel it's my place to be texting her when she's so ill. She has her family and close IRL friends around her -she's not well, it's not my place to me/ Minimins will probably be the last thing on her mind". Sarah had been on my mind because two days previous I had someone else die of cancer ... but I truly felt out of order to overstep my place.

Coming back to Minimins has reminded me what an absolute gem of a person she was - we need so many more people like her around.

Even though I've not been around here much lately she used to correspond with me and yes the time she took to reply to my PMs was and will be always cherished.

I remember saying to her once that I wished she lived closer to me or vica versa ... and those sentiments really do still ring true. I remember the last time I saw her, she gave me a big hug and kiss - those Minimins meets really do have a purpose don't they!

I am so so very very sorry she's gone - I feel so sad she had a bum deal with relationships (ironically finding closure a mere few months ago), I feel bad she'll not see her nephew who she doted on grow up. There are so many many things Sarah posted about and mentioned to me that makes her sudden and premature passing all the more unfair, darn darn.

I can only imagine the devastation her family are feeling right now .... what I think or feel is a drop in the ocean. I'm thinking of them and hope and pray they can get through the tough times ahead.

Rest in peace Cariad ...... I really hope you can hear me say this to you. You REALLY REALLY REALLY will be missed in life.

As usual cc you have put it so well. You have said everything I have wanted to say but haven't been able to find the words

Much love xx

As usual cc you have put it so well. You have said everything I have wanted to say but haven't been able to find the words

Much love xx

Much love to you too xxx

I mentioned on a diary just now that my tribute to Sarah will be to contribute to her Race For Life fundraising page.

It's bitter bitter irony, but I think it's just what Sarah would have liked.

40.gif

race-for-life.jpg

Race for Life Challenge: 6th June 2010:

Fantastic post CC. Until this very minute I forgot about that night we met up in Glasgow for dinner and made the waiter take our photo so we could send it to her lol. I remember when I sent it her reply came back almost instantly that she SO wished she was there with us :) xx

Oh God yes!!!!!!! You've just made me cry!!!!!!!! Thanks Sandy! :hug99:

So f*cking unfair I can't begin to convey it in words...

Beautiful words ... :cry:

how amazing the power of the message boards. I have been (mostly reading) and sometimes posting on mini mins for 0ver 2 years now and during my lighter life time had much encouragement from "Westie". From reading her postsI feel like I know her although I never met her, and I am so sad to hear of her passing. My love and thoughts go to her family and also to all of her friends on here who met her, and loved her, and are grieving so deeply for her. I bet she is, as she said, "surrounded by sparkly things" x x x

I have just heard the sad news, I'm gutted
Sarah was so supportive when we started LL in Jan 09 whenever someone was down she always had such good advice.

My thoughts are with her poor family and friends, they must be devastated.
RIP hun, you will be missed

Daisy x

I haven't been on here in a very long time, but felt it was only right to pay my respects to lovely Sarah who was the same when you met her as she was on here........ A good girl who only wanted what most of us do. To be happy and to be loved.

Still finding it difficult to comprehend Sarahs untimely death. Feeling very very sad.
Sarah here's a cwtch from me i know you liked them.
I'm just happy to have known you x x x

She’s in a better place right now

Than she’s ever been before;

All pain is gone; she’s now at rest;

Nothing troubles her anymore.
It’s we who feel the burden of

Our sadness and our grief;.

We have to cry, to mourn our loss,

Before we get relief.
We know we’ll reconnect with her

At the end of each life’s road;

We’ll see her cherished face again

When we release our earthly load.

Sleep well sweet Sarah x x x

Maisie x x

have just now plucked up the courage to come back here and post...forgive me if i cop out and copy and paste my fb entry

You knew me as Natayou I knew you as westiegirl , we had no idea about each others lives only what we shared on our diaries, but somehow I knew you well, we supported each other along with the rest of the gang, and although our little gang wasn't the same as before we were somehow always there, as it said under your avatar 'I'm always here' and now your not, and I can't get my head around it , I wish you were, I wish you had the rest of your life to be there to fulfill your dreams , to watch your precious Alfie grow,I'm so sorry this had to happen it's so unfair RIP sweet Westie I will miss you x

remember when Sarah had her case nicked on the train back from a meet, we both had a right giggle about the fact that despite losing clothes camera and ipod it was the loss of the makeup bag that was the worst ! :(

RIP Sarah. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing you but from reading all of the posts here you obviously touched many lives and will be sadly missed. My thoughts are with your family and friends. xxx

Back