Sarah83 climbing back on the wagon...

Did a massive aldi shop today. I really lovel aldi I spent £70 and got so much more than I would have anywhere else. I love how cheap their fruit and veg is and it stays fresh too.
Trouble is I wasn't in the right frame of mind to do my normal meal plans before we went so instead of getting exactly what I needed I just got what I fancied!
Only planned meals for the week so far are chickpea, spinach and potato soup (with fresh homemade chicken stock) and mackerel pâté. I bought turkey and beef mince, plus chicken breasts as well as the tons of meat in the freezer. Just got to decide what to make with it all...

Dinner: where it all started to go wrong. Crusty bread, salami, Parma ham, Brie and olives. With half a bottle of prosecco followed by a little bit of chocolate.
Oooh my kind of meal!!!

Did a massive aldi shop today. I really lovel aldi I spent £70 and got so much more than I would have anywhere else. I love how cheap their fruit and veg is and it stays fresh too.
Trouble is I wasn't in the right frame of mind to do my normal meal plans before we went so instead of getting exactly what I needed I just got what I fancied!
Only planned meals for the week so far are chickpea, spinach and potato soup (with fresh homemade chicken stock) and mackerel pâté. I bought turkey and beef mince, plus chicken breasts as well as the tons of meat in the freezer. Just got to decide what to make with it all...
Welcome back Sarah...I never seem to find everything I need in Aldi - do you? Our nearest is a drive away and Paul refuses to go as he says what's the point in paying out for petrol if we are going to go to our nearest Tesco (5 min walk) for the rest of the stuff!

Well my weigh in this morning showed a massive 0lb loss!! I can't really complain though as I was only on plan for 3 days out of 7.
So today is another day with hopefully a better week! Although tonights dinner plan was soup which I'm not sure I can face in this weather so I may have a rethink.

Oooh my kind of meal!!!

Welcome back Sarah...I never seem to find everything I need in Aldi - do you? Our nearest is a drive away and Paul refuses to go as he says what's the point in paying out for petrol if we are going to go to our nearest Tesco (5 min walk) for the rest of the stuff!

We probably go to Aldi once every 5 weeks and I love it. We rarely eat branded stuff (only really frylight, coke, washing powder) and we can cope without that for a week. Plus I have a choice of Tesco and Sainsburys en route from work to the car so I can always pop in there. There is some random stuff Aldi's don't stock though - like tinned chickpeas?? I just find if I'm buying shed loads of fruit, veg and meat it's a lot cheaper.

Sainsburys is my favourite, but I'd definitely be spending twice as much!

Monday 3rd June - Mix2Max

Breakfast: Green - Beans with 'fried' mushrooms, tomatoes and egg

Lunch: Red - Mixed salad with HM smoked mackeral pate (DELICIOUS!!) and 3 sesame Aldi ryvitas (HEXB) - 4.5syns for all the pate, having the rest tomorrow.

Dinner: Green - Takeaway :-0 its ok though I went for a build your own noodle box with broccoli and other veg with oyster sauce. I asked for minimum oil to be added too. Don't really know about the syns but have changed my day to old style mix2max as my meals suit so I can use my 2nd HEXB for oil

Snacks: Apple, pear, 2 x coffees (part HEXA)

Total syns: 4.5 (will count tomorrows pate syns today) plus ?? For my noodles

Last edited:
Looks good sarah, love the noodles. And pate is a good idea i might try a bean pate for lunch for a change this week. Wish we had an aldi we just have lidl and it is great for fruit and veg but doesnt do those cereal bars etc u can use as heb. But alot cheaper than everywhere else.

just popping in to say hi :) and subscribe to your thread. I'm a recent Aldi convert! Do must of my shop there and like you love the price of the fruit and veg. just wish they had some syn free yoghurts. I should have shares in mullerlights! This is usually what I grap for a syn free snack.
Good luck with your journey x

Thanks girls. I love aldi but I love lidl too, we just don't have one that close to us so don't tend to visit.

That smoked mackerel pâté was gorgeous, I've never made it before so just threw it together and it was stunning. Next time I'll pick up FF fromage frais to cut down the syns rather than creme fraiche. Not sure it'll be as nice though...

I've had a cooking fest last couple of days - made a batch of potato, chickpea and spinach soup yesterday for the freezer and made a huge batch of bolognese tonight at the same time as our meatballs yumyum

Tuesday 4th June - Extra Easy

Breakfast: mango

Lunch: mackerel pâté and salad as yesterday with ryvitas (HEXB)

Dinner: pasta, meatballs, tomato & spinach sauce and a bit of cheese (part HEXA)

Snacks: ham, apple, quorn ham and 2 x coffees (part HEXA)

Syns: none

Wednesday 5th June - extra easy

Breakfast: banana and alpen lights (HEXB)

Lunch: leftover pasta and meatballs from last night

Dinner: chicken, new pots, asparagus & green beans

Snacks: apple, coffees (HEXA)

Back