Sarah83's 2017 food diary

sarah83

Try and try again
I'm starting Slimming World yet again. I have tried and failed so many times in the last few years, after successfully losing 2 stones before becoming pregnant with my daughter in 2011.
This year it will be different - we're planning on going on our first beach holiday as a family at the end of October, and I don't want to be the boring mum who can't play in the pool, can't splash in the sea and refuses to be in any of the holiday snaps because of how embarrassed I am about how I look.
I'm feeling more determined than ever and would really love to lose 2-3 stone by the time we go.

I am a SW Online member as I can't get to a group, and I love to cook but rarely have the time.

I am going to use this diary to post my daily food diaries to keep on track - I have found minimins a real support in the past and it helps me to write everything down.
My strategy is to keep syns as low as possible in the week, and give myself a bit of leeway on the weekend, when I will allow myself a maximum of 1 off-plan breakfast, lunch and tea over the course of a weekend, and a few glasses of wine. Hopefully this will keep me going as I will find it impossible otherwise!

Good luck to everyone else starting this week!

Wednesday 4th Jan:

Breakfast: Granola (HEXB), Skyr yoghurt, mixed fruits

Lunch: Chicken, potato, veg, gravy (1.5)

Dinner: Turkey chilli, rice, salad, cheese (half HEXA), mayo (1), tortilla chips (3.5)

Snacks/drinks: Milk in coffee (half HEXA), Plum, HB egg, cucumber, mango, chicken slice, gherkins

Total syns: 6

Last nights dinner

Attachments

• IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    668.5 KB · Views: 22
Thursday 5th Jan:

Breakfast: Granola (HEXB), Skyr yoghurt, strawberries

Lunch: Chicken, potato, veg, gravy (1.5)

Dinner: Turkey Bolognese, spaghetti, salad, mayo (1), cheese (half HEXA)

Snacks/drinks: Milk in coffee (half HEXA), apple, pear, plum, HB egg, gherkin, chicken slices, choc Brazil nut (3)

Total syns: 5.5

Tonight's dinner

Attachments

• IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    888.4 KB · Views: 19
Today's breakfast - an omelette with a chopped quorn sausage and cheese, served with a grilled tomato and a blob of ketchup. Had a bit more flexibility today as I'm working from home

Attachments

• IMG_0141.JPG
    IMG_0141.JPG
    714.5 KB · Views: 12
Friday 6th Jan:
Breakfast: Omelette, Quorn sausage (1), cheese (half HEXA), grilled tomatoes, ketchup (0.5)
Lunch: Chicken, potato, veg, gravy (0.5) – half eaten
Dinner: SW chips (HEXB), ham and egg, ketchup (1)
Snacks/drinks: Milk in coffee (half HEXA), 2 choc brazils (6), mugshot, mango, wine

Today's lunch: syn free pizza

Attachments

• IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    871 KB · Views: 23
Well today started off well but ended not so well, I was exhausted and couldn't be bothered cooking but I think I chose as best as I could from the takeaway... oh well the chicken tikka I had marinating for tea will have to wait until tomorrow

Saturday 7th Jan:
Breakfast: tomato, spring onion and ham omelette, ketchup (0.5), 2 coffees and skimmed milk (1)
Lunch: hash brown pizza with cheese (HEXA), ham, pepper, tomato
Dinner: Takeaway: chicken tikka kebab (no pitta), salad, garlic mayo, a few of hubbys chips
Snacks/Drinks: Cream liquor, wine

Well today started off well but ended not so well, I was exhausted and couldn't be bothered cooking but I think I chose as best as I could from the takeaway... oh well the chicken tikka I had marinating for tea will have to wait until tomorrow

Saturday 7th Jan:
Breakfast: tomato, spring onion and ham omelette, ketchup (0.5), 2 coffees and skimmed milk (1)
Lunch: hash brown pizza with cheese (HEXA), ham, pepper, tomato
Dinner: Takeaway: chicken tikka kebab (no pitta), salad, garlic mayo, a few of hubbys chips
Snacks/Drinks: Cream liquor, wine
Hi Sarah. Same with me ...returning again. A guy hit my car in March when i was parked and since then all diet and exercise motivation has gone. I love cooking different thiungs so that may help. I find minimins very helful too. I could go to a class but always think a session at the gym would be better just need to get back into it. Good luck..stick at it Faye

Last edited:
Hi Sarah. Same with me ...returning again. A guy hit my car in March when i was parked and since then all diet and exercise motivation has gone. I love cooking different thiungs so that may help. I find minimins very helful too. I could go to a class but always think a session at the gym would be better just need to get back into it. Good luck..stick at it Faye

Thanks Faye - sorry to hear about your car - hope you weren't injured.
I'll admit I don't do any exercise at all - I try and do my 10,000 steps a day as I walk for 15mins to and from the station everyday, plus try and fit in a lunchtime walk when I can, but that is it.
I struggle time wise as all my time is split between work and my daughter, so I'm going to dust off the exercise bike and try and do some bits at home.

How much exercise do you manage to fit in?

Hi Sarah. No ill effects from the accident just seem to have been so laźy for the last 9 months.

It s going to change and I am going to do a spin class on Fridays and bodytone on Mondays with lots of walking in between. I also have the blogalates app. That could be good for you. It s free and you get a workout calendar. Or there are lots of video s, some only take 5 mins , so, could fit in with your daughter.

keep up the good work

Faye x

Hi Sarah. No ill effects from the accident just seem to have been so laźy for the last 9 months.

It s going to change and I am going to do a spin class on Fridays and bodytone on Mondays with lots of walking in between. I also have the blogalates app. That could be good for you. It s free and you get a workout calendar. Or there are lots of video s, some only take 5 mins , so, could fit in with your daughter.

keep up the good work

Faye x

That sounds good - I'll try that app out thank you. I also recorded some exercise videos off sky yesterday called 'fit in five' so I'm going to give them a go too.

We're having a very lazy weekend as daughter is a bit chesty and wheezy so we've stayed in to stop it getting worse and needing time off school (she's got asthma). It's been quite nice as we were away a lot over xmas so nice to have some home time.
Hope you're having a good weekend too x

Packed lunches for the next couple of days: carrot and chickpea rice, grilled chicken tikka pieces and salsa

Attachments

• IMG_0148.JPG
    IMG_0148.JPG
    864.4 KB · Views: 10
Well today has been my naughty day... meals on plan but too many snack/drink syns. I was always going to give myself a bit of weekend leeway though and this is a lot better than it will be some weeks I'm sure!

Sunday 8th Jan:
Breakfast: omelette, cheese (half HEXA), ham and grilled tomato
Lunch: none
Dinner: Roast beef, roast potatoes (HEXB for oil), veg, Yorkie (2), gravy (2), piece of homemade chocolate cake!
Supper: pasta n sauce, cheese (3), cheesy biscuits (lots of syns)
Snacks, drinks etc: milk in coffee (half HEXA), a few glasses of wine

Monday 9th Jan

Breakfast: Yoghurt, fruit, granola (HEXB)

Lunch: Chicken tikka, rice, salsa

Dinner: Spaghetti and meatballs, tomato sauce, cheese (HEXA)

Drinks/snacks: Milk in coffees (2), glass wine (6), curlywurly (3.5)

Total syns: 11.5

Well today has been my naughty day... meals on plan but too many snack/drink syns. I was always going to give myself a bit of weekend leeway though and this is a lot better than it will be some weeks I'm sure!

Sunday 8th Jan:
Breakfast: omelette, cheese (half HEXA), ham and grilled tomato
Lunch: none
Dinner: Roast beef, roast potatoes (HEXB for oil), veg, Yorkie (2), gravy (2), piece of homemade chocolate cake!
Supper: pasta n sauce, cheese (3), cheesy biscuits (lots of syns)
Snacks, drinks etc: milk in coffee (half HEXA), a few glasses of wine
We all need the odd naughty day Sarah or we would feel deprived and give up. Compared to a lot of ppl not on sw itwas nt that bad a day

We all need the odd naughty day Sarah or we would feel deprived and give up. Compared to a lot of ppl not on sw itwas nt that bad a day
Thank you Faye - I'm definitely someone who can't be super good all of the time - I love my food (and drink) too much!!
Thing is I know there will be days where I will be a lot worse (there are a few of those coming up over the next month or so) so I need to keep that in mind too.
Tonight for tea we had a stir fry and I attempted to make crispy 'seaweed' with kale - great way of getting speed food in!

Attachments

• IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    956.1 KB · Views: 7
In other words Sarah you are human. I love to make different things and use varied ingredients.
I can get thru the day but need something substantial in the evening otherwise I snack

Love wine but try to keep it to a minimum. I wish there was a really good acohol free one That would be fab

Keep at and let me know how you are getting on. I want to have lost my 38 lbs by the beginning of July. Other ppl do it so I am sure we can
Faye x

Tuesday 10th Jan

Breakfast: Yoghurt, fruit, granola (HEXB)

Lunch: Chicken tikka, rice, salsa

Dinner: Pork and vegetable stir fry with noodles and sweet chilli sauce (1.5), crispy kale 'seaweed'

Drinks/snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA), cucumber, pear, banana, pineapple, gherkins, glass wine (6), small piece of homemade choc cake (10)

Total syns: 17.5

Back