Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Thank you! Cake for breakfast (oops!) but chicken and salad for lunch, with a smidgen of full fat mayo yum.

Got thoroughly spoilt in work and massively looking forward to our night away tomorrow x

Thank you! Well by some miracle I lost 0.5lbs this week - with pancakes and cake!
So I've got a strategy for this coming week to lose more lbs! Today and Saturday won't be great days as we're obviously out for dinner tonight and tomorrow we're visiting a farm so it will be a cafe lunch and I'm treating my daughter to her favourite (not SW friendly) macaroni cheese - although I will be using skimmed milk and low fat cheddar...

Sunday will be a SW friendly day and I'm going to try a new recipe - lamb and vegetable biryani.

Then Mon-Fri I will be doing a 'fishy week' - 5 meat-free days of fishy lunches and dinners. Eek hope I manage to stick to it as when I've done this in the past I've lost around 5lb! Fingers crossed it'll give me the boost I need...

Hope you've all got fab days planned, I'm looking forward to my early finish and night away!

Hi everyone hope you're all ok!

Well we had a wonderful time Friday night, hubby whisked me away to the hotel where we got married - beautiful old manor house in the middle of nowhere on the top of a mountain surrounded by sheep - amazing!
And just to warn you now, I have been very naughty food-wise... Friday afternoon started with a scone with all the trimmings, then we shared a bottle of prosecco in the room before dinner, which consisted of crab cakes with a chilli jam, followed by lamb with potatoes and curly kale and broad beans with a really rich jus, and a few of hubby's chips and peppercorn sauce. But I tell you what we were totally stuffed!
Then Saturday morning we opted for a continental brekkie (definitely the better option): 2 slices of toast and butter, a massive bowl of fruit and yoghurt, and 2 chocolate Danish twist things. Now I'm feeling super guilty about this as I've given up chocolate for lent and totally didn't think or realise. Oops!

Then we had a fab day yesterday and took our little lady to a farm park where she had fun visiting all the animals and playing on all the outdoor slides as well as soft play, but lunch was a bowl of chips in the cafe!

Then today we've had a wonderful day, shoe fitting for daughter at clarks this morning then we had a wonderful walk around a forest, which we hadn't been to before, and it was full of wonderful wooden sculptures of dragons which missy loved!

Pick have to say I felt totally overindulgent last night after our night away but I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning and I've stayed the same so far!
And I am doing a fishy week this week to try and get a loss, I've done it before and lost on average 5lbs a week. I don't eat a lot of fish so I think that's why it has an affect on me.

Hope you've all had fab weekends in the sunshine - I love this weather!!x

Sunday 9th March - EE

Breakfast: boiled eggs

Lunch: picnic - pasta and sauce with added veg and garlic light soft cheese (HEXA), apple

Dinner: lamb biriani from the extra easy book

Thanks both. I had a fabulous weekend, the only trouble with being out all weekend is the house is a state! Desperately need a hoover, de-clutter, scrub, but I don't know when I'll get the chance. Never mind!

Looks like another gorgeous day today, such a shame to be stuck in the office. Roll on Friday! x

Right, food for today - Fishy week day #1!!

Monday 10th March - EE

Breakfast: FF yog & banana

Lunch: Smoked mackerel pate (1.5syns), salad, ryvitas (HEXB)

Dinner: Thai prawn curry and rice (3.5 syns)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA), Apple, satsuma, grapes, crabsticks, 2 pink wafers - 4.5syns

Total syns: 9.5

Last edited:
Well done on your loss. Your weekend sounds lovely. Glad you treated yourself and enjoyed it :) fingers crossed fish week will bring you a big loss. :) xx

Well day 1 of fishy week went ok...
Lunch was gorgeous as I really love smoked mackerel, but then my first attempt at a curry went very wrong. I was originally going to make a thai green curry until I realised I had no coriander, so I found another recipe from BBC Goodfood which was an onion, chilli and ginger paste base with spices and added coconut milk. Well it was horrible, tasted really bitter! Luckily I realised before putting the prawns in and hadn't used all the coconut milk. So I hunted through the fridge and found an old jar of curry paste :eek: so I used that with the rest of the coconut milk and a bit of a passatta. It was ok but I wasn't overly pleased with it.

I hate kitchen disasters, they don't happen very often usually everything tends to work out!

Anyway on with fishy day #2!

Tonights tea:

Ultimate fish cakes | BBC Good Food

Replacing mayo with FF fromage frais and maybe some EL Mayo, Flour/breadcrumbs with smash, and frylight to fry. Milk from HEXA. Will just need to work out syns for the horseradish and mustard. Yum!

Thank you! Here's today's diary:

Tuesday 11th March - EE

Breakfast: Banana and FF Yoghurt

Lunch: Smoked mackerel pate (1.5syns), salad, ryvitas (HEXB)

Dinner: Fishcakes (0.5syns), baked beans, roasted tomatoes and homemade tartare sauce (1 syn)

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (rest of HEXA), apple, grapes, satsuma

Syns: 3

Last edited:
How were your fish cakes? I have never used smash before.

They were nice. I only used smash as a coating as the recipe called for flour and breadcrumbs and I wanted a syn free replacement!

The tartare sauce which went into the fishcakes was lovely, plus I made some more to go with - EL mayo, FF fromage frais, capers, gherkins, lemon juice & spring onions - loads for just 1 syn, yum!

Only thing I would say is I think I over cooked the fish. The recipe shallow fried them but I did mine in the oven with frylight. Probably needed less time or maybe I could have 'fried' in frylight instead. Never mind - hubby enjoyed too which us the main thing!!

How's your evening?x

Back