Sarah83's Food Diary 2014

Morning everyone, hope you're all ok.

Well I stuck rigidly to plan yesterday so I'm pleased about that. Plus I started incorporating some exercise in by using the stairs a bit more in work and having a very brisk lunchtime walk through Cardiff. I was super annoyed when I finished a bit earlier than hubby, pulling into my train station and discovering my keys were in my other handbag. This is the second time this has happened to me. So all my early dinner preparation plans went out the window, as well as my planned brisk walk home as I ended up jumping back on the train to the previous station where our car was parked, to wait for hubby's train to come in. Very annoying.

Today's going to be a bit trickier to fit exercise in, as I've got a meeting in Bristol this afternoon so won't be able to take a lunch break but I might get to Bristol a bit earlier and go for a bit of a walk before I go to the office. Then I'll be walking home too (after making sure my keys were in my bag!).

And the great thing is the sun is shining! It's still pretty cold but it was so wet last night it's nice to see some sunshine. xx

Tuesday 25th March - EE

Breakfast: Fruit salad and FF Greek Yog

Lunch: Salad with new potatoes and tuna

Dinner: Chicken noodle stir fry, with a home made satay sauce - 4.5syns

Snacks etc: Milk in coffees (HEXA),

Total syns: TBC

Exercise:
Walking up last flight of stairs x 1

My problem is I really need a giant keyring so I can instantly spot my keys and I know they're there. I used to have a big panda keyring which my MIL got me from China but something leaked on it in my bag and it got ruined. Since then I am forever forgetting them!

Yes I think exercise is the key. My main problem is time so I need to fit it in where I can - so lunchtimes are perfect, and it doesn't cost anything (money or time) to take the stairs in work. Add to that a brisk walk home whenever I can, hopefully I'll be easily doing the recommended 30mins a day. Once I start to feel a bit fitter I think I'll start on toning exercises too.
I think what panicked me was my boss's suggestion that the team go out in the next couple of weeks to walk an old closed railway line to see if it's possible to reopen it again. It's only a mile each way which I'm happy to do, but they're all much fitter than me and I'm a bit worried I won't keep up with them which would be so embarassing. So I need to do something quick! xx

My problem is I really need a giant keyring so I can instantly spot my keys and I know they're there. I used to have a big panda keyring which my MIL got me from China but something leaked on it in my bag and it got ruined. Since then I am forever forgetting them!

Yes I think exercise is the key. My main problem is time so I need to fit it in where I can - so lunchtimes are perfect, and it doesn't cost anything (money or time) to take the stairs in work. Add to that a brisk walk home whenever I can, hopefully I'll be easily doing the recommended 30mins a day. Once I start to feel a bit fitter I think I'll start on toning exercises too.
I think what panicked me was my boss's suggestion that the team go out in the next couple of weeks to walk an old closed railway line to see if it's possible to reopen it again. It's only a mile each way which I'm happy to do, but they're all much fitter than me and I'm a bit worried I won't keep up with them which would be so embarassing. So I need to do something quick! xx

What a fantastic incentive and it has made you want and need to do it :) I love walking, I walk down to Amy's school taxi and back each day which is about 1/2 a mile each way and I also try to get an evening walk in when I can.xx

I do like walking and quite regularly walk the mile home from the train station. Trouble is I used to do that twice a day everyday, but now with our daughter and our car, we have become less reliant on walking... which makes me all that more unfit...

I've decided to travel to Bristol earlier so I can have a half hour walk before my meeting too, coupled with the walk home tonight hopefully that will be a good bit of exercise for me.
Obviously it helps massively that the sun is shining and it's not raining x

I do like walking and quite regularly walk the mile home from the train station. Trouble is I used to do that twice a day everyday, but now with our daughter and our car, we have become less reliant on walking... which makes me all that more unfit...

I've decided to travel to Bristol earlier so I can have a half hour walk before my meeting too, coupled with the walk home tonight hopefully that will be a good bit of exercise for me.
Obviously it helps massively that the sun is shining and it's not raining x

I know exactly what you mean. I used to walk loads and when Amy was little I was always out with the pushchair but then when she got to about 4 and started school I started my own business so work took over and with Amy at school I had no reason to walk. Now we have moved though, I have to walk her down to the school taxi each morning so I get a 20 min walk every day which I love doing.
Rather than taking the car, if you walk to the station can you work out how much money you will save in petrol and parking each day and then every time you walk put the daily amount in a pot and save it for a nice treat. It will be a great incentive and you will get a reward after each week or month :) xx

Trouble is we can't really walk to the station as we have to do the trip via crèche which is a good 50min walk from the train station so car is really the only option. And if hubby has to do it anyway I may as well hop in too!
Today's exercise has been scarpered today too as I've only just got back to Cardiff so I'll be jumping in the car home too. Plus I didn't realise quite how heavy my laptop bag is either! I might try and do some steps or something while hubby is putting little miss to bed x

Good morning, sorry for being a bit absent the last few days. I've had a crazy week in work plus daughter has been off due to a high temp too. She was much better and back in crèche yesterday though.

Food wise I've been ok but I did have a very late lunch of a baguette on Wednesday rushing to my train back from London. And I also had lunch out yesterday but it was at an Italian while I was in Swindon and I had a Livy tomato spaghetti with olives, capers and anchovies.

Anyway I stayed the same which I'm ok with as I haven't tried very hard this week, plus I had a very indulgent weekend last weekend.

Today we are taking little miss for her first haircut which I'm a bit scared about, then we'll hopefully have some time in the park if it stays dry. Then tonight I've got a night on my own as hubby is going to a star gazing event in the Brecon Beacons. So we're going to have an early tea of spaghetti bolognese before he goes. Just need to think of something to snack on later tonight when I'm alone and peckish!

Hope you've all got great days planned, to be honest I'm just pleased to switch my brain off after the week in work I've had!xx

Morning,
Hope you are all feeling refreshed this Monday morning. It's lovely and mild here and feels like it could be a summer evening - much nicer than those chilly cold mornings we had last week! Although the rain is coming back later so best to make the most of it while it lasts.

Well here is a run through of my weekend (warning though... foodwise it's not pretty!)...

Saturday I had a cheese omelette for brekkie, then we wandered round the shops before taking little miss for her haircut, and she was such a good girl, I don't know what I was worried about! So we treated her then to a few hours in the park, lots of swinging and getting covered in sand building sandcastles! But lunch was then chippie chips, with a buttered bap :eek:, one portion for the three of us though so not a huge amount. And tea was syn free spag bol. Followed by an evening watching Grease 2 and munching cheese on toast, as hubby went to a stargazing event in the Brecon Beacons.

Yesterday was Mothers Day of course. I always struggle a bit with mothers day as I lost my mum 8 years ago, but hubby really spoilt me. I was treated to a lie in (amazing as I hadn't slept in later than 5.45am for over a week!!), then brought me breakfast in bed (boiled eggs and white toast with spread) as well as a personalised card from moonpig with loads of photos on it which was lovely. He also gave me a bottle of my fave Chablis which I enjoyed last night.
We went to a local Brewers Fayre for lunch with all his family (6 adults, 2 kids) so I enjoyed a salad bowl and a healthy-ish carvery, avoiding the roast potatoes and the pud. And we spent ages after dinner playing in the indoor soft play and the outside playground too.
Trouble is I was in a picky mood last night then and ate (this is the awful part): a RF cheese and onion sandwich, and crisps, then a peanut butter sandwich!

So for someone who doesn't eat bread I managed to get through a bap, and 8 slices of white bread over the weekend!! Needless to say I won't be eating any bread for the rest of the week if I can.

So this weeks strategy... Again I am playing damage limitation from the weekend. So fruit for brekkie, salads for lunch and planned syn free or low syn dinners with plenty of veg. In fact I may even try success express this week... I'll see if I can with what I've got planned...

I've also got a much quieter week in work so I will make sure I get on here more often, and exercise more!! I'm doing 2 flights of stairs each time I need to in work, plus I'll try and fit in lunchtime walks as well as I failed miserably last week. My only tricky day is Wednesday when I'm in London and will be out of the house from 6am to 8pm. Don't know what I'll do about brekkie but lunch will be a buffet so I will just have to try my best.

Hope you all had good weekends too xx

Good morning hun,
It sounds like you've had a lovely weekend. You deserved a few treats so I wouldn't worry too much.
I'm really pleased that your little one was good for the hairdresser. Both mine were little horrors, luckily my mum cut their hair because she used to be a hairdresser.
Good luck with your steps at work this week.
I hope you have a good day.xx

Thank you both!
Well I've decided to try and do success express this week as I don't think it'll be toooo hard.

Excercise wise I managed two lots of 2 x flights of stairs and a 20min walk lunchtime.

Hubby picked up frozen on DVD today... Is it wrong that I'm really excited and I would love to watch it with hubby tonight? Hmm better wait until Friday when we can watch it as a family! X

Back