Sarah's first attempt at calorie counting

This week hasn't been great. I didn't have my usual plan for the week done out, and I've found it hard to get my head out of holiday mode food wise. Weigh in tomorrow so that should be the boost I need to refocus.

I've lost 1/2 lb which I'm delighted with as I was sure it was going to be a big gain. Want to try and stay fully focused now, have some things coming up in July & August and would like to be as close to target as possible by then. Really could do with adding some exercise soon but things are quite crazy in work for May so can't see me doing that for a few wks, so I will need to be even more focused with my food!

I've lost 1/2 lb which I'm delighted with as I was sure it was going to be a big gain. Want to try and stay fully focused now, have some things coming up in July & August and would like to be as close to target as possible by then. Really could do with adding some exercise soon but things are quite crazy in work for May so can't see me doing that for a few wks, so I will need to be even more focused with my food!

Well done on the loss x

As of today, I am officially back to 1200 calories a day. This is my plan for today.

Sunday:

Breakfast (264 cals)
Crunchy nut cornflakes (50g) with almond milk
Tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (221 cals)
2 potato waffles
Tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (442 cals)
Quorn cottage pie

Snacks (250 cals)
2 tea with skimmed milk
Kit kit
Hula hoops (there's a multipack in the cupboard & I know I won't be able to resist)

Total: 1177 cals

Well done for the loss :)

Yesterday's food sounded good too.

Thanks! :) That was my aim for Sunday and I'm afraid I ended up going over my cals. I haven't really tracked properly the last two days either. I'm trying to get back on track today. I threw out a load of choc this morn that was in the house, need to remove temptation until my willpower is back! Hopefully that will help. Fingers crossed!

Haven't been feeling well at all this week. My tummy is really unsettled. I had a really bad sleep and had to get up a few times last night. Still not feeling great so I came home early when I finished a meeting and I'm working from home for the rest of the day. Just gonna focus on eating salty carby foods until I'm back to normal (which better be soon!).

Thanks Becky. I'm not sure why but my stomach really hasn't been great this week. Went out for dinner today and really struggling with stomach cramps since. But I think I'm over the worst of it. I haven't been calorie counting, but I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow. Weighed in this morning and had gained 1/2 lb which isn't bad considering I've been completely off track for a bit now. I have my plan for this week done out and I'm determined to get back on track. I'm back to 11st 7lbs - I think given that there are 4 weigh ins this month, it would be doable (though maybe a bit of a stretch) to get down into the 10s in May. For this week, I am focusing on getting my food back on track, sticking to 1200 calories a day. Then from the following Monday, I am hoping to start the 30DS. I am going to try and get up in the mornings and get it finished before work. Fingers crossed! :)

Hi Sarah,

I hope you start feeling better really soon!

Throwing out all the chocolate was a really good idea and should make your goal for May achievable!

If you've been eating salty foods because of the tummy upset then that could have caused some fluid retention and it might disappear in the next few days.

Good luck for this week!

Thanks Bella! :) I didn't actually manage to get back on track this week - but somehow weighed in at 11st 4.5lbs this morning. So that's a good boost to get back on it fully and try to get into the 10s this month. Have my food plan done out for the week. Also have a really busy week ahead at work so hoping that will be a good distraction. I am thinking about getting my husband to download MFP too so I can share my food diary. Think it would help keep me accountable (have been having some sneaky bars at work this wk!). Fingers & toes crossed!!

I think part of why I have been off track is because I have been feeling quite stressed with work. I have a lot of deadlines coming up and feeling quite overwhelmed and don't really know where to start! I have ordered a lovely planner online and have gotten some monthly, weekly and daily inserts and spent some time over the weekend doing some planning. Hoping that will help me to get organised and focused. Now I just hope my planner arrives tomorrow! (Have been waiting all week for it)

I just realised that this diary is still here! I am Sarah/kiki30 but haven't been able to get back into my account since minimins came back (lost all the details). Have just started up a new thread not realising this was still here, so I think I will just start commenting here instead and resurrect this diary since it has all my old posts! :) Reading back over these posts has been helpful, as it's reminded me of some of the good habits I had gotten into.

Kind of depressing to see that pretty much a year to the day later, I am back to square one and starting all over again! :( But I guess it's better than not trying to start back at all...

Welcome back Sarah:)

It is good to remind yourself of the positives and good habits you have learned along the way...nothing goes to waste and it won't be long until you are back in the swing of it again.

I know I probably have a one of the worst records for failing, but I still live in hope of reaching goal and staying there.

Welcome back :) I think most of us on this site have been in the same boat at one time or another, but the main thing is that we're still trying! :) I regained almost all my weight back that I lost on a VLCD in 2009 by 2011, but every year I tried to get back down and every year I've been successful in getting a portion of it off. Now 5 years later I'm less than 2 stone away from that target, so the main thing is perseverance! :) You can do it!
Good luck :)

Back