Sarah's first attempt at calorie counting

I'm wearing a new dress to work today that I had bought in November-it was a bit tight when I bought it and then I gained weight so have never been able to wear it. It's fitting fine! :)

Tuesday:

Breakfast (143 cals)
Porridge with sugar

Lunch (393 cals)
Sandwich with gluten-free bread, ham, light cheese spread & lettuce
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit kat

Dinner (450 cals)
2 quorn sausages
Potato wedges
2 flat mushrooms
Frank's hot sauce

Snacks (269 cals)
Pepsi max
2 tea with skimmed milk
Some Easter egg
Curly wurly

Total: 1184 cals

Took me hours to get to sleep last night, so I have been really tired all day. Have a hospital appointment tomorrow, so luckily I don't have to get up as early in the morning.

Kicking myself, have to go away for most of the day for an appointment so I had made up lunch to bring with me...and of course went off without it!! Will have to find something that's not too high in cals.

Yes and of all the places to get healthy food a Hospital is not one of them - amazes me.

Hello just reading through your diary you're doing great. Love how you manage to get some treats in throughout the day without going over your calorie allowance!

Yes and of all the places to get healthy food a Hospital is not one of them - amazes me.

Agreed!! There is a Costa there so I got a panini and will just have to fit it into my daily calories. Was meant to have curry for dinner but think it will be chicken & veg instead.

Hello just reading through your diary you're doing great. Love how you manage to get some treats in throughout the day without going over your calorie allowance!

Thanks a million! :) I feel like I have to have a treat with my tea in the eve and would prefer to cut back a little in other places. I prob could do with cutting back on that eventually but for now, I think it's helping me feel like I'm not on a diet!

Wednesday:

Breakfast (143 cals)
Porridge with sugar

Lunch (434 cals)
Ham & cheese sourdough panini from Costa

Dinner (550 cals)
Stirfry with chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, and rice
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit kat

Snacks (67 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
2 party rings

Total: 1194 cals

Wednesday:

Breakfast (143 cals)
Porridge with sugar

Lunch (434 cals)

Dinner (550 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit kat

Snacks (67 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
2 party rings

Food looks good for today, well done x

Wednesday:

Breakfast (143 cals)
Porridge with sugar

Lunch (434 cals)

Dinner (550 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit kat

Snacks (67 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
2 party rings

Good menu.My son loves party rings:)

Food looks yummy!!!!

Thanks! :) I tend to stick to mostly the same foods all the time, but haven't gotten sick of it yet! :)

Good menu.My son loves party rings:)

Thanks. I spotted them when doing online shopping - they were on offer & I remembered from back when I did weight watchers that they're low in cals (cause they're tiny!). I don't think I would buy them again, but they are a handy low cal treat every now & again!

Stuck to my calories yesterday, but have probably gone over today. Decided to meet my husband for dinner after work seeing as though the weather has been so nice - we went to a nice outdoor place. Got the best option I could find on the menu but have no idea how many cals it hand. Not even going to bother working it out!

Thursday:

Breakfast (143 cals)
Porridge & sugar

Lunch (275 cals)
Sandwich with gluten-free bread, ham & light cheese spread
Fruit pot
Tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (465 cals)
Wrap with stand-up tortilla, lean mince & salsa, with salad
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit kat

Snacks (258 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
Curly wurly
Some easter egg

Total: 1141 cals

Friday:

Breakfast (143 cals)
Porridge with sugar

Lunch (264 cals)
Sandwich with gluten-free bread, ham, light cheese spread & lettuce
Fruit pot

Dinner (?)
Chicken tortillas (2 tiny wraps, spicy chicken, jalapenos & salsa)
Also had half of one of the mozzarella sticks my hubby had gotten as a starter (very bold of me!)
Diet coke

Snacks (236 cals)
2 tea with skimmed milk
2 kit kats

Total: ? (over 1200, but hopefully not by too much)

I am going home tomorrow for 10 days. Mostly for hols, though I also have a couple of days work away later in the week. I'm really excited, can't wait to spend time with all my family! :) :)

On my way now, so probably won't get on here much for the next week or so. Weighed in a day early and down 1.75 lbs :)

If I don't get on again, hope you all have a lovely week x

On my way now, so probably won't get on here much for the next week or so. Weighed in a day early and down 1.75 lbs :)

If I don't get on again, hope you all have a lovely week x

Well done

Enjoy your holiday x

Thanks a million. Will post properly later if I get a chance. Had a nice week, but it was also a bit hectic. My poor mum ended up in hospital and had to have surgery last night, so it wasn't ideal having to come back yesterday. Also have a really hectic week in store at work. Didn't calorie count properly during the week, just did the best I could not to go overboard. Weighed this morning and it's showing a 1lb gain which I'm very happy with. Hopefully will have that off again by weigh in on Sunday. Going to have to work late this eve, so have brought a microwaveable Quorn meal with me for dinner. Hope everyone else has had a good week. Probably not going to get a chance to catch up on here properly until the weekend when I catch up on work stuff.

Going to try and start posting again from today. Went over my calories the last two days, so getting back on track as of today!

WEDNESDAY
Breakfast (143 cals):
Porridge & sugar

Lunch (275 cals):
Sandwich with gluten-free bread, ham, light cheese spread and lettuce
Fruit pot
Tea with skimmed milk

Dinner (442 cals):
Quorn cottage pie with lettuce
Tea with skimmed milk
Kit Kat

Total: 978 cals (definitely not representative of my cal intake over the last few day!!)

Back