Sarah's first attempt at calorie counting

That's great Kiki!

Thanks Bella. I don't think it's an accurate 'loss' as such (I think I was higher when I weighed earlier in the week because I hadn't started proper weigh ins & it may have been later in the day and with clothes on) but still happy to be closer to the 11s! :) It's a while since I did weekly weigh ins, so I'm looking forward to consistently tracking my weight again (I've avoided the scales lately and any time I've gotten on them in the past few months, it's usually just been to see how much weight I've gained!).

Not sure why, but my tummy isn't feeling the best this morning. Hopefully it will settle down in a while. Have a really busy week ahead at work. Usually this would be when I eat nothing but crap, but I have my whole food plan until Saturday planned out MFP so fingers crossed I will be able to stick to it. If I can make it through this week on plan, then I know I can do this!!

Have had a good day today so far. I do kinda have the munchies a bit, but I've been busy working (working from home today), so I haven't had too much time to think about food!

Breakfast (225 cals)
Crunchy nut cornflakes with almond milk
Tea with skimmed milk

Lunch (407 cals) - Had a higher calorie lunch today, wanted to get out of the habit of using too much of my daily calories on snacks
2 potato waffles with 2 scrambled eggs, spinach, and a sprinkle of Frank's hot sauce

Dinner (417 cals)
Haven't had dinner yet, but plan is to have a chicken stirfry with veg (mainly broccoli & spinach) and rice

Snacks (147 cals)

Blueberries
Curly wurly
Can pepsi max (I've also been drinking lots of water throughout the day)

Total: 1196 cals

Increasing to 1300 calories from tomorrow.

Glad to have found this site. Went on the MFP forum today for a look, and seems a lot less friendly over there. Came across a lot of posts with people attacking each other - not good!

Awww you'll be a pro in no time :)
Yes I'm cal counting I set a diary up last week I think been wanting to do one for so long so I bit the bullet :/) Xxx

Great, I'm going to have a look and see can find it! It's great motivation following other people's progress too :)

Think I found your food diary but it won't let me into it for some reason. It's saying I don't have privileges yet. Not sure why, as I've been able to view other people's diaries. Will try again later in case it's just a technical issue :)

Think I found your food diary but it won't let me into it for some reason. It's saying I don't have privileges yet. Not sure why, as I've been able to view other people's diaries. Will try again later in case it's just a technical issue :)
Awww you need to do over 50 posts I think chick it was like that when I joined get posting :)
Xxx

Going to bed now. Have a busy day at work tomorrow, and a busy week ahead. Feeling quite organised though, both for work and for my food plan, so I'm looking forward to the week. Feeling very focused on my weight loss now, and I'm determined that I'm going to get down to the 11 stone bracket by weigh in on Sunday.

Thanks Silvermoon. Unfortunately I always tend to do well at the start of a diet plan and then lose focus. Though I do feel like this time is different, and pretty determined that this will be the time I stick with it.

Unfortunately I always tend to do well at the start of a diet plan and then lose focus. Though I do feel like this time is different, and pretty determined that this will be the time I stick with it.

Hopefully recording what you're eating and how you are on on here will help- I've stayed the same for a couple of weeks but find Minimins really useful for reminding me to get back on track and stay motivated!

Hopefully recording what you're eating and how you are on on here will help- I've stayed the same for a couple of weeks but find Minimins really useful for reminding me to get back on track and stay motivated!

I think you're right, posting on here even on off-track days will hopefully be a big help!

Had a really busy day at work today, which meant that the food plan wasn't actually an issue cause I was too busy to think about it.

Breakfast (228 cals)
Crunchy nut cornflakes with almond milk

Lunch (264 cals)
Ham sandwich (2 slices gluten-free bread) with half light cheese triangle
Tesco berry medley tub (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries & grapes)

Dinner (412 cals)
Quorn tikka masala & rice (ready meal-didn't have time for cooking today)

Snacks (129 cals)
Tea with skimmed milk
Curly wurly
Can pepsi max

Total: 1033 cals

My goal for today is 1300 calories, but only at 1033 after dinner and a cup of tea & a curly wurly. Not sure how I ended up with so many left this eve. I'm not going to use up the calories just for the sake of it if I'm not hungry, but it's early in the evening yet, so I will have something else to eat later if I get hungry.

Ended up at 1182 calories overall yesterday. Had a bag of snackajacks and also realised today that the fruit pots I had thought were 60 cals are actually double that (the 60 cals is for half of the tub). Note to self...read labels properly in future!

Today went well. I had a good day at work, and my eating went well too. I haven't been hungry at all and haven't had any cravings.

Breakfast (228 cals)
Crunchy nut cornflakes & almond milk

Lunch (324 cals)
Ham sandwich & light cheese spread
Tesco berry medley

Dinner (446 cals)
Chicken stirfry with broccoli & spinach, and baked sweet potato wedges

Snacks (254 cals)
Tea & Milkyway crispy roll (didn't enjoy it that much-not worth the calories!)
Can of pepsi max, and 3 jumbo cheese snackajacks (just discovered these today - so tasty!)

Total: 1252 cals

also realised today that the fruit pots I had thought were 60 cals are actually double that (the 60 cals is for half of the tub). Note to self...read labels properly in future!

I'm sure they do that deliberately to make us think things are lower in calories- who eats half a fruit pot?

Agreed! It was the number in big writing in the special calorie box on the front of the tub...with the 'for half portion' in teeny tiny writing. Those individual tubs of fruit are specially made so you can just grab and eat on the go, so hardly going to eat only half. Just glad I leaned my lesson with something that's fairly low in calories anyway!

I noticed the same with chocolate bars today...things like a Twix, kit Kat, kinder beuno etc.all seem to give the cals for just one stick. Maybe it's just me but I would consider a portion to be the full bar!

Back