Sarah's Ramblings.... 2011!

The worst thing about work lunches is that you do't actually have a clue what he ruddy hell the cals are, so you end up vastly over estimating and before you know it you've used 500 calories on a couple of sandwiches! And also I find mayo is very popular in work lunches lol. Helllooo 50234923 calories

I'm feeling down today :(

My car had it's MOT yesterday and failed. Mum bought me and my brothers the car 1.5 years ago and said she would pay any costs- really kind of her.

My job is 20 min drive away and not accessible by bus/train etc. Would take an hour to cycle. I've applied for another job which is better paid and will find out about that next week. But, for now I'm at my current job and no way of getting in apart from lifts from my parents. I'm almost 24 and have a big thing about asking for lifts! I'm too old for them!

They have said they'll give me lifts when they can but realistically it is going to be 4 lifts most days as I work across two different sites.

I can't give up the job as I have about £1800 debt to try to pay off before September!!!

I've never been in debt but uni has crippled me with lack of good loans and my parents havent been able to assist.

It's my birthday on Thursday and my bf is coming on wed night for a night out. I want him to stay thrsday night too as we are going for a meal but it is his only day off work in the week so he has a few things he needs to do at home too so I said I could run him home (20 mins). His bus would take 2 hours!

Now I'm worried he'll say he can't come to the meal if I can't take him in the car. I wouldn't expect him to spend 2 hours there and 2 back on the bus :(

Ohhh I'm just so worried about money, never had money problems and they seriously worry me!

Well done on your loss :)

Sorry to hear about your car and money situation. Uni is a right b*tch! The last loans letter I got said about 20 grand on it with all the interest so far! Bloody scary!

Well done on your loss and sorry to hear about your car, it takes some right money running a car it's crap.xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Congrats on the pound hun. Sorry everything else is so s****y. Wish I could wave a magic wand for ya.
Make sure it doesn't ruin your Bday though hun, you need to forget about everything for that, Everyone deserves a fab Bday. :)

Well there is me being all melodramatic, whilst without me knowing, my Mum is on the phone sorting it out. Car will be ready in time for my birthday :D

Just the money situation to sort out now. I did a cleaning job this morning for £9, earning £25 at work tonight. That is the best I can do for today. Have sold anything I can on eBay... getting stuck now!

I just went to my Mums and weighed in on her scales - 202lbs. Went to my Granny's - 202lb there too! The reason I weighed at my Mums was because I only go there about once a week and I figured if I made those scales my official scales then hopefully it would stop me weighing in here (my Dad's) so much! So, I'm going to take that reading! :)

So, I am 6 days away from my birthday and I want to be 199 for that! I reckon I can do it :)

You can for sure!

With Minimins I can't fail!

Working tonight so have had a funny day foodwise but am under so it's all good. I don't get to see my bf til Wednesday and last saw him on Tuesday- doesn't sound very long but I've been getting used to seeing him more often! I miss him! Haha soppy! I just need a nice cuddle as I feel stressed and I don't want to wait 5 days!

I've just arranged a night out with a couple of friends that I don't see very often for the beginnin of September - cannot wait!!

Mate you can well lose this weight in time for your bday!! If the worst comes to the worst, get a haircut and that'll knock atleast a pound off ;) lol!
BEST OF LUCK! If you've got us, your sorted babe! xx

BOY ADVICE REQUIRED! :)

I love using this site for boy advice!

So, it is my birthday next Thursday - I take my birthday very seriously! I'll be 24, but nothing special, but I always think birthdays are special whatever age they are and should be celebrated! It is the one day a year which is yours and I think it should be remembered!

Anyway, so my plans are a night out on the Wednesday night, and then I was hoping to spend the day with my bf and then go for a meal with my dad, brothers, stepmum and bf in the evening.

My bf doesnt drive, and he needs to be at work on the Friday morning. I offered to drop him to work on the Friday morning to save him getting the bus so he can stay at mine and come to the meal. He just said on the phone that he can't, he has too much to do as it is his only day off that week. (He has the next Sunday off too, but from now he is working 6 days in a row so I do understand that he will have things to do). However, I said to him, can he not make an effort to do these things (he told me it didnt matter what they were) in the evenings and spend the day with me instead? He said he will see me in the morning, and he'll go home at lunchtime.

Am I being unreasonable wanting him to stay with me for the day? I think I am! But, obviously I dont want him to think that! I do understand, as he will have been working for 6 days in a row, but I also know him and I know he'll probably end up going home, sleeping because we will have had a night out and he'll be hungover, and wasting the day.

He says he has this stuff to do but I think he doesnt want to come to the meal because my family will be there. He doesnt get alng with his parents at all, and doesnt do family things, and so to spend the evening with my family, who he has only met once briefly, is quite a big thing for him.

I just wanted him to want to spend the day with me.

Maybe he is just really uncomfortable with the family thing? He must know it is a big deal for you. Maybe suggest just you and him go out rather than all of you together?

Well the thing is that I have told him a million times that him meeting my family means nothing to me - along the lines of, oh we are now really serious, you have met my dad!

I think he can be quite selfish. I was talking about it on the phone and just said that I was upset that he wouldnt do it as he knew it would make me happy, and it is my birthday! :) He just said, I'm going to go, I dont want to talk about it, and he hung up.

I called him straight back and said fine we wont talk about it, if he doesnt want to come then he doesnt want to, end of. I hate arguing and would much rather stop an argument than carry it on!

Oh babe. I wish I could give you a big hug. Boys are horrible sometimes.
They do no think the way we do though. You just want him to do this one thing for you because it is special to you, and means so much to spend time with him on your special day.
He just wants to go home, go to bed, scratch his bum and avoid any family scenario.

I would feel exactly like you and probably make myself look crazy because I would have explained it to death and ended up sounding like crank!!!

The simple answer is boys just don't feel the way we do. He won't have even taken it into account how special your birthday is to you. It won't even cross his mind that he should be with you no matter what because, it is important. Thats not because he doesn't care for you or love you, it is simply because he is a man!!!!! :)
I know it doesn't make you feel any better, but it's all I got, cos it's what I have learned over the last 10 years.

Lot's of love :)

I can completely understand why you feel like that, but I guess like Squeezy said, he just doesn't think the same way you do. I'm sure that he cares about you, a lot, but to him the fact that he's seeing you for the morning is better than not seeing you at all, rather than not as good as spending the entire day with you! I guess I can understand his point on family stuff, it's actually a pretty big deal at any point, whether you're serious or not, so I can understand if he doesn't feel completely comfortable with it. And the thing is, if he doesn't get on too well with his family then he just isn't going to know how to act in those situations, it'll be something completely outside of his comfort zone, and maybe remind him of something that he doesn't have but maybe wishes he did? you're obviously a person that puts a lot of emphasis and importance on birthdays, but it seems like he's not and to be honest, neither am I. To me, unless it's a special number, it's pretty much like any other day and so I wouldn't be that bothered myself. It'll soon be Weds and before you know it you'll be having your cuddles!

I am on the implant since last august and in February my periods stopped because of it - yay! So I havent had one in 6 months and all of a sudden this morning I do! I'm in agony! I've been feeling a bit down the last couple of days and have been crying a couple of times which I did think was strange- well here is the answer! I really hope they don't start up again, I've been so used to not having them!

Back