Sarah's Slimming World Diary!

Sounds good, well done :)

Was good Saturday until I was persuaded to go out! I'm in a tricky situation here. As I have moved home because dave and I split up, I am living with mum and only have 2 friends left living here. They both have live in boyfriends and have got pretty boring!

So I went to the rugby to watch my brother and had a couple of diet cokes after. Was going home to my SW meal but a girlfriend of one of the players asked if I fancied going out. I didn't want a night out but am really trying to take any opportunity to meet people at the moment, and this girl is lovely and so was a great chance to get to know her better.

I went home, had a bagel for dinner as was the quickest option and rushed back to the club. I got so drunk, and was sick when I got home - I'm never that drunk! I are a foot long subway, two subway cookies! Disgusted with myself!

Then yesterday me and my brother ate so much rubbish. Crisps, chocolate, sweets, biscuits. Mum made a huge lasagne for us with homemade bread. Just not a good day for eating!

I'm going to have to master the night out without drinking if I'm gonna get used to this. Will just say I'm on antibiotics or something as that is easier than saying I'm on a diet!

Today I'm off to the gym and will try to stay a little longer. Weigh in today! Weighed on Friday and had lost a pound, but am sure ill have put on today!

Weigh in showed 1lb loss - phew! Definitely aiming for more next Monday though! I've been to the gym most days so should have had more than a 1lb loss - just my silly eating that ruined it!

Been to the gym - did 45 mins. Was quite busy which was annoying as I had to wait around a lot.

Got lots of odd jobs to do today to keep me busy. Food plan is...

Red day

B: none
E: gym 45 mins
L: roll (hexb1), cheese (hexa1), ham (f), cottage cheese (f), tomatoes (sf), spread (2), cheddars (6.5)
D: burgers (f), roll (hexb2), cheese (hexa2), salad (sf), tomatoes (sf), carrot chips (sf)

Syns for the day should be 8.5 :)

Was naughty and had two chocolate bars, dunno what's wrong with me! I popped to the post office/shop and they had these new Willy Wonka bars for sale... I wanted them both so did! So that's 20 syns extra. So bad. Will add those onto my total and recover over the week!

Dinner was lush. Got some syn free burgers and sausages from my butchers. Had the burgers tonight...

Attachments

• image-4215840300.jpg
    image-4215840300.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 74
Well done on the loss :) dont beat yourself up about going out it is not as if your going out all the time is it and you still lost so it shows u can have a good time on slimming world :)

Is your gym pretty busy then??? Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

More of the same today I think! Gym in a bit and I need to go to the post office again. Need to get some good shopping, and do some ironing for my grandad and a few chores for my mum. Got my student loan so I need to do some transferring of funds!

Finding my days are filled at the moment with jobs for mum and my grandad, since granny died. It's fine as its nice to feel I'm helping them, but it's giving me not a huge amount of time to sort my own things out!

Agrhhhh such an idiot. Went to the gym for 50 mins and squash for 50 mins yesterday and then ate loads and loads of rubbish - more than my exercise would counteract. So frustrated with my lack of self control!

Tonight I have gym and then netball. Gym is setting up a program for me so sure that'll be pretty hardcore and then netball is a back to netball thing so not sure what that entail!

But I have been good with food today!

B: 2 x yoghurts (f), banana (sf)
S: mug shot (1.5)
L: sweet potato (f), sausage (f), beans (f)
D: Filo pastry (7), fig (sf), ham (f), Philly (HExA), tomatoes (sf)
S: cereal bar (HExB)

Exercise: gym and netball

Hoping I am making up for my crappy week so far. Ate perfectly today and exercised loads! Doing extra easy most of the time I think...

B: banana (sf), yogurts (f)
S: mug shot (1.5) - think these will be my saviour when back at uni!
L: half a sweet potato (f), sausage (f), beans (f)
S: cereal bar (hexb)
D: filo pastry (7). Philly light (hexa), tomatoes (sf), fig (sf), ham (f) and salad (sf)

The dinner was amazing! Made a nice tart. Not necessarily worth the 7 syns on pastry but I need to use it up.

Exercise wise... I went to the gym to get a programme made up. Now aiming for 10 mins hard cardio, 10-12 reps on the weight machines and 10 cardio. If I want longer I repeat the machines and add 8 cardio in between. Weird that I am loving the gym at the mo!

So did the weights with him to work out what weights I should lift. Then did 10 cardio and a round of weights and headed to netball. Then played netball for an hour - mix of running warmups, skills and a couple of small matches.

Knackered!!

Off to get a haircut soon. Not sure what to have done. My hair is getting quite long which is what I want, but on the right side it's quite short at the front - more like bob length cos I had a rubbish hairdresser a while ago!

I would quite like to try a fringe but am growing my blonde out to go bck to my natural mousey colour and don't know of that would look good with a fringe.

Tempted to just go for a complete change. I would love to try a nice brown colour for the winter, but I'm worried that dave will think I'm doing it for him as I very much jokingly said to him in anger when we split up that maybe I should have brown hair as the girl he fancied did!

It's something I've wanted to try for years and did try myself with a home kit but it didn't quite work out.

Maybe I'll go for a trim and just discuss options with her!

Then going to go to the gym and try out this new program. I am knackered and my body is aching. I've had 7 exercise sessions in 5 days so no wonder! 5 lots of gym, squash and netball. But I'm really loving it and it's something to do with my day. I probably won't go tomorrow, and possibly not on Sunday, definitely not Monday so I may as well go whilst I can.

Then making my brother some brownies - I need to stop pinning nice food on ********* as he keeps spotting it and asking me to make it for him! Then off to a pub quiz with him and my mum.

Food... Not sure what to have. Ill attach a pic of my tart from last night - was lovely!

Think today I'll have...

B: banana (sf), yoghurt (f)
L: roll (HExB), ham (f), salad (sf) tomatoes (sf), cottage cheese (f), cheddars (6.5), spring onion (sf), beetroot (sf)
D: pasta (f), bacon (f), philly light (HExA)

Going to try to make something with cauliflower too!

Very jealous of your gymming I need to get back to it... just wondering are u drinking plenty of water? I didnt when I first started exercising and it affected my losses
Dinner looks amazing!!!
Im obsessed with pinning aswell haha

hope your ok :) x

I've just caught up. Just noticing that you are burning a lot of calories and it seems to eventually result in a binge. I know you are slimming world, but from a calorie perspective just wondering if you are eating enough to fuel your exercise?

I think its worth looking at. Xxx

Don't beat yourself up, I'm sure you'll be fine anyway!

I'm eating enough, and enough if the right things... I'm just a binge eater and have issues with that! Need to get into routine which hopefully will be on Monday when I start uni again. I find routine easier to deal with. At the mo it's wake when I like, in the house all day around food etc.

Today I was fine but then went for a drink with my mum and shared a cheese scone. Then made brownies for my brother and may have licked the bowl! Then had lunch of mini cheddars, chorizo and cheese - random and not the healthiest! Dinner was slimming world burgers and brownie for pudding. Snacked on some crisps at the pub quiz.

Just need to get into routine with life and food!

Weekends been good thanks. Went to the pub quiz on Friday night - came third! Yesterday I met family in town for a drink and then went to a boot sale with them. Then went back to theirs for fish n chips. My little 9 yo cousin is down so nice to see her.

Today I'm seeing my ex... Things are absolutely fine with us so it's just meeting as friends which will be nice. Walk along the canal and some food probably.

I'm not sure what to do diet wise. I like slimming world but think it's suited for those who can plan in advance. I quite often go out for a last minute coffee/lunch/dinner/night out and that's not suited at all to SW.

Also, the amount I'm exercising at the moment, I need more good and not necessarily free food! Sometimes i do 2 hours exercise a day then beat myself up because I have half a scone and go over syns... That's not right! I should feel able to have something if I've worked out.

Tempted to go back to calorie counting. I lost 3 stone on it before - although admittedly put some back on when I went back to uni. I think it would be easier for those days when I'm at uni and we end up in the canteen etc. it'll be easier for mum cooking dinner, easier for late notice coffees/dinners etc.

I like using my fitness pal, and can feel I can earn some more calories with my exercise if I want to.

May look into the 5:2 diet as it seems quite good... Need to do some research though

Do what you thinks best. I find its hard to do sw when exercising aswell...
With weight watchers if u exercise u gain more points so u can eat more

My fitness pal is great im thinking of doing it aswell :)
Im not sure I could fast on 5:2 diet.

Hope it goes well with your ex :) xx

I actually think that calorie counting takes even more planning. Every calorie matters and there's nothing free so you do have to plan more carefully. You can 'earn' more calories and maybe you can't earn more syns but if you're working out and have a little treat it won't really make any difference. If you go out for lunch or dinner then you can easily find an option that's low or even no syns and fit that in with your day but you're not always going to know calories and may find them harder to fit in. That's my thoughts anyway.

Back