Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Here to subscribe! :)

Hey hun! Welcome to my totally random ramblings! :) Well done on your journey - you've done so well! Hopefully I will be starting to maintain soon (I'm hoping to have hit target by the end of September as it's my 30th in August and plan will go out of the window!) so I will be asking you for lots of advice I'm sure!

How do you manage maintenance? Extra HEXs? More syns? On plan weeks/off plan weekends? There seem to be lots of options :) x

Such a hungry day today!

B - muller light coconut with raspberries
L - 3 x pumpkin seed ryvita (hexb1) with hexa1 Philly light, grilled bacon medallions and tomatoes. Jelly (1/2 syn)
D - spicy prawn salad with wholemeal pitta croutons (hexb2)
Snacks - banana, melon, strawberries, Fudge bar (6 syns - or 3 if I can be really good and only have half!), mini mars ice cream (4 syns)

Mmmmm I love Reese's pieces... anything Reese's actually! I wish peanut butter was syn free :rolleyes:

I was in a store at the weekend that had more Reese's stuff than I had ever seen in my life - I took a picture and then walked straight out, NSV! xx

Attachments

• image-2362378897.jpg
    image-2362378897.jpg
    996.7 KB · Views: 141
  • image-2564940541.jpg
    image-2564940541.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 140
That's a great NSV! Well done you :) The decent sized Peanut Butter Cups aren't horrendous for syns...I sometimes treat myself with a cuppa. I think they are 4 syns? Would need to check...but I think they're worth it!

xx

That's a great NSV! Well done you :) The decent sized Peanut Butter Cups aren't horrendous for syns...I sometimes treat myself with a cuppa. I think they are 4 syns? Would need to check...but I think they're worth it!

xx

That's amazing actually - I guess the challenge is just to stop at one!!

I found massive reese's cups in a shop last winter - I wonder how many syns are in these ones...

image-3373210020.jpg

Hey hun! Welcome to my totally random ramblings! :) Well done on your journey - you've done so well! Hopefully I will be starting to maintain soon (I'm hoping to have hit target by the end of September as it's my 30th in August and plan will go out of the window!) so I will be asking you for lots of advice I'm sure!

How do you manage maintenance? Extra HEXs? More syns? On plan weeks/off plan weekends? There seem to be lots of options :) x

I just have more syns really. I try to be as good as I can when I can in the main. I struggle to keep under 15 most days and the majority of my weekends I'll have a couple of indulgent treats like wine, a meal out, or a takeaway (or all!). I don't tend to have more HEXs although I probably end up having more HEXa than I should most days as I tend not to weigh cheese anymore but for HEXbs it's normally just the one. I think it's just one of those things that you experiment with a little bit, and if you end up gaining/losing you try something else. I'm still working it out tbh but so far it seems to be working! :)

You've done so well and so close to target - you must be chuffed to bits! It's so satisfying to know all your hard work has paid off, and all you need to do is make sure you don't gain rather than keeping your fingers crossed for a loss. Good luck with the final few pounds - I'm sure you'll be there by you birthday as you seem to be doing really well! Any big plans for your 30th? x

Aww thanks hun. Yeah I'm really pleased. I feel Like a different person from when I started my journey :) Thank you for the advice hun.

My boyfriend is taking me to Champagne for my birthday - I'm so excited! Nice plans with friends and family too...so 3 off plan weekends are gonna be happening! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Planning a green day for tomorrow:

B - overnight oats (hexb1) with raspberries and strawberries
L - Tomato mug shot with carrots, red onion and celery topped with 2/3 hexa1 cheddar
D - potato, green pepper and asparagus curry with rice. Followed by strawbs and rasps with 2 syns of mini meringue and ff fromage frais
Snacks - banana, melon, 2x Alpen lights (hexb2), 1/2 Fudge bar (3 syns)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ooh the curry sounds interesting, is that a recipe from here or from a book? x

Last edited:
Hacked off at the scales today - 10.2! No idea why as I've been on plan, no cheating. I've been drinking plenty of water too, so it doesn't make sense. Hopefully there will be a sudden drop over the weekend!

My best friend is coming over for dinner tonight, so really looking forward to a long overdue catch up and some yummy food.

B - overnight oats (hexb1) with raspberries and strawberries
L - Tomato mug shot with carrots, red onion and celery topped with 2/3 hexa1 cheddar
D - potato, green pepper and asparagus curry with rice. Followed by strawbs and rasps with 2 syns of mini meringue and ff fromage frais
Snacks - banana, melon, 2x Alpen lights (hexb2), 1/2 Fudge bar (3 syns)

Already thinking about tomorrow's food to use up what's in the fridge! Planning a red day:
B - Muller Light with cherries
L - 3 x pumpkin seed Ryvita (HEXB1) with Philly Light (HEXA1) and bacon medallions
D - Paprika chicken salad with HEXB2 'garlic bread' made from wholemeal roll - planning to meet Dave after work and have a little picnic in a gorgeous park by the lake near where he works.

Weekend is lookin busy too - close friend's daughter's 1st birthday party on Saturday afternoon and then London to watch some athletics at the Olympic Stadium on Sunday with Dave and my parents. Will be fab to see inside. We went to the velodrome and aquatics centre (for world championship test events before the actual Olympics) but haven't been in the stadium so very excited about that! Need to get organised, actually, as I've got no idea what time it starts!

Food on Saturday will be fine as we'll be eating at home. Planning another red day. Then we'll probably have dinner at Westfield on Sunday so maybe Nando's, as that's easy to syn? Or there's a fab smoked salmon place.

Anyway, I suppose I should think about doing some work!

xx

Sounds like a lush weekend hun, am v jealous of going in to the stadium looked amazing last year enjoyed the Olympics so much!! W saw some GB football which was brilliant the atmosphere was amazing! Have a good day and don't fret about the scales they will be your friend again soon :) xx

Thanks hun - you are the voice of reason :) It's irritating but I'm not letting it get me down - I know I've been on plan so it's got to have an effect at some point. Just hope it's before WI on Monday!

Have a fridge packed with SW friendly goodies is so important for staying on plan, I find. It's always really satisfying doing a big shop too (although I tend to get carried away and spend loads!). We've been trying to eat our way through the cupboards and freezer this week so I've only bought a couple of bits. We still have loads of meat in the freezer and rice/pasta/grains etc in the cupboard so I think we'll continue the theme into next week! The freezer needs defrosting (yawn!) and has done for ages but I'm a nightmare for buying stuff on offer and shoving it in there!

xx

Sounds like a great weekend you have planned. I'm also very jealous of your trip to the Olympic Stadium! I love the watching the athletics so will look out for you in the crowd on Sunday! :D xx

Back