Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Looks amazing! I've never really had cauliflower before but I'm loving it recently. Roasted cauli and 'cauliflower cheese' (SW version of course!!) are current faves.

Please share the secrets of your lush meal!! xx

I've seen MinkyDinky have roasted cauli - need to try that!

Dhal was yellow chana dhal lentil thingys soaked overnight then simmered til tender, then dry fried turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder with some fresh grated garlic and ginger, then stirred into lentils.

Cauli is Jamie's recipe - chop raw cauliflower into florets and blitz in food processor til fine like rice. Put in Pyrex bowl, cover with cling film and microwave on full for 7 mins.

Simple as that :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Right then, faux Friday tomorrow (wooooooo!!!) and it's gonna be an EE day:

B - overnight oats made with an orange/choc muller and1/2 hexb oats
L - leftover chickpeas and cauli pilau
D - king prawn stir fry with sugar snaps and peppers
Snacks - banana, Alpen light (1/2 hexb), jelly (1.2 syn), Aero biscuit (5 syns)

Soooo much to get done at work tomorrow prior to my day off - kinda dreading the long list but at least it will hopefully make the day fly by!

xx

Last edited:
I saw the cauli pilau on Jamie's programme the other night but I wasn't sure what it would be like. Now you've tested and approved it, I might give it a go :)

I hope work isn't too bad tomorrow. It'll be worth it to get your lovely long weekend though x

Right then, faux Friday tomorrow (wooooooo!!!) and it's gonna be an EE day:

B - overnight oats made with an orange/choc muller and1/2 hexb oats
L - leftover chickpeas and cauli pilau
D - king prawn stir fry with sugar snaps and peppers
Snacks - banana, Alpen light (1/2 hexb), cappuccino (hexa), Time Out (4.5 syns)

Soooo much to get done at work tomorrow prior to my day off - kinda dreading the long list but at least it will hopefully make the day fly by!

xx

Day looks fab - i always find a good list at work helps the day fly by! Can't believe it's Thursday already!! Happy faux Friday to you - have a great day :) xx

I've seen MinkyDinky have roasted cauli - need to try that!

Dhal was yellow chana dhal lentil thingys soaked overnight then simmered til tender, then dry fried turmeric, garam masala and chilli powder with some fresh grated garlic and ginger, then stirred into lentils.

Cauli is Jamie's recipe - chop raw cauliflower into florets and blitz in food processor til fine like rice. Put in Pyrex bowl, cover with cling film and microwave on full for 7 mins.

Simple as that :) xx

Thank you :) sadly I don't have a food processor (seriously limiting when it comes to SW soups!) but when I do I will have to try it.

I've never really been fussed about cauli at all but I sprayed with fry light and shook some fennel seeds over (first thing I grabbed out the herb and spice cupboard :D) then roasted for abut half an hour I think and it was yummy!!

Ooh roasted cauliflower with fennel seeds sounds yum. Will definitely give that a go - thanks hun.

Not having a food processor would drive me a little bit nuts! lol. Tesco have some really cheap stick blenders in at the mo, which are perfect for soups :)

xx

I'm going to have to jump aboard the roasted cauli bandwagon too! Have seen Michelle and Minks really enjoying it so I'll add it to my list of things to try! Stops you getting bored of the same old veg and I love trying new things :)

I'm pleased you posted about the stick blenders in Tesco. I've got a normal blender but I hate using it as it's a bit of a faff on washing it all out etc. Have been thinking for a while that the stick one would be loads easier. So I think I'll have a look at those! I've been making hummus lately so it would do for that and, as you say, soups as this colder weather is arriving!

Hope you have a good day hun xxx

Thanks lovely ladies!

Feeling mildly annoyed at my scales today - they are stubbornly sitting at 10.2 despite a long flicker at 10.1 this morning. I know after last week's mammoth loss, it's greedy of me to expect one again this week, but I hoped I might get 1lb. Need to be super good over the weekend despite a couple of small challenges which I know will test me!

We're off to Brighton for lunch tomorrow so will be having a red day as the place we're going to does meat and cheese platters! Have called ahead to make sure they have wholemeal bread, and they do, which is good! So omelette in the morning, then platter using 2 x HEXA and 2 x HEXB plus lean cured meats. 5 syns for a glass of vino. Then chicken salad for dinner, plus popcorn at the cinema (from Graze Box - 5 syns). There, it can be done on plan! lol.

Saturday we're having friends over and they're staying so they can both have a drink. Am planning another red day and doing homemade pizzas using the Tesco wholemeal bread mix with yummy syn-free toppings and 2 x HEXA low fat mozerella. YUM!! Will be using syns for 2 glasses of Prosecco (8 syns).

No plans for Sunday so probably an EE day with very few syns.

Ooh I can't wait! Roll on 4.30pm!!!

Happy Faux Friday/Friday Eve girls!

xx

The weekend sounds truly awesome! I love Brighton! :)
True dedication shown by ringing ahead re wholemeal bread!
I think I'm going to make a pizza for dinner over the weekend too! Yummmmy!

Dont be too annoyed at the scales (mine are up 0.8lbs on yesterday depsite having a competely virtuous day!!)...and you have 4 whole days of the week left before you weigh in again! Every seems to be on plan for the weekend so I've every faith you'll be happy come Monday morning!! :)

Hope you get through your list at work today so you can fully enjoy your day off knowing you've earnt it!!
Xxxx

Thanks lovely one! Hopefully I can stick to my weekend plan and will be back in love with my scales again come Monday.

I felt like a right weirdo asking about wholemeal bread when I booked our table! Hopefully they think I have some kind of intolerence to white bread, rather than being obsessive about SW!

I'm plodding through my list at the mo', steadily ticking things off because you're totally right about how much nicer it is having earnt a day off! I felt the same way about my Time Out last night - the kitchen was a state after I'd made dinner so I cleaned it top to bottom, then had a time out with a cup of Earl Grey as my reward!

xx

Me and my boyfriend were thinking of going to Brighton this weekend! Think the weather will change that though :(

Yeah it looks like rubbish weather but we're going to wrap up warm and brave it - Brighton is still beautiful even when it's raining :) We're lucky to only be 30 mins away so if it's really horrendous, we'll just come home!

Hope you have a fab weekend whatever you do get up to xx

Yeah it looks like rubbish weather but we're going to wrap up warm and brave it - Brighton is still beautiful even when it's raining :) We're lucky to only be 30 mins away so if it's really horrendous, we'll just come home!

Hope you have a fab weekend whatever you do get up to xx

We done the Brighton Scooter MOD weekender last year and this... Loved it, especially doing the QUADROPHENIA tour again... Ha ha ha... Stayed in a massive hotel just past The Grand on the sea front.... and also had to pop into CHOCCYWOCCA DO DAH shop for prezzies... Loved it......xx have a great time xx

There are some lovely hotels along the seafront - the rooms at The Hilton Met are lovely and the Best Western is really good too. The Grand is obviously the most gorgeous - love it there :)

Have never done the Quadrophenia tour - should really as I love the film!

Adore Choccywoccy too - but won't be stopping there tomorrow because I definitely couldn't be trusted!!

Hope you've got a good weekend planned, Scooter Boy? x

Feeling a bit snuffly and sorry for myself today - seems to have come out of nowhere! Just went down to Tesco to get some bits of shopping for Grannie and managed to resist a massive snack attack! Got some mango fingers and a 1/2 syn jelly! A colleague has brought some Aero biscuits (5 syns) so will have one of them later with a cup of tea so I can save my Alpen Light to have with a nice cuppa later and save some syns. Want to keep them low-ish today to allow for potentially using all 15 at the weekend! xx

I've got a cold from nowhere too!

Well done on resisting a big snacking spree

xxxx

Back