Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

My brain is going to explode from something I'm working on in the office so have come here to bore you guys a bit! As well as SW tips, I've discovered some brilliant beauty and clothes buys from the forum so thought it was my turn to share:

Dave and I were in town at the weekend and I decided that I should treat myself to a bit of a new skincare regime in line with me being back on plan (now I'm 30 and the crows feet are setting in!!!) - I used my Boots points to get a No 7 face cleansing brush (a poor girl's Clarasonic!) and it's fab! I got some Philosophy Pure face wash in my Glossy Box last month and they work really well together - my skin feels fab! I'd definitely recommend it. I wear the L'Oreal Lumi Magique foundation and having used the face brush since Saturday, I can already see the the foundation looks totally different. It really does have a glow, which it never did before.

I got some Lidl bargains too (bear with me on this one!) - having read lots of reviews I picked up their Cien Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream and it's gorgeous. When Dave gave me a kiss last night when I'd put it on (yes, I know it's a day cream but I can't be bothered with having two!), he said I smelt gorgeous. I also took a punt on something else I'd read about in a few places - their new fragrance. I know it's nuts that a Lidl perfume would smell nice, but it really does! It's really like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle and having worn it to work for the last couple of days it seems to last really well. It's only £3.99 so I'm going to get another one to chuck in my handbag. It's not the prettiest bottle, but it definitely does the job.

And one more total bargain I've been meaning to tell you girls about is the Tesco gradual tan moisturiser - I can't remember exactly what it's called, but it's in a bright yellow bottle and it's only £2! It's by far the best one I've ever used (I've tried Dove, Garnier and L'Oreal ones before and never really liked them).

So that's my random ramble! For once not SW related but it's stopped my brain exploding and some of you might find it useful :) xx

The brush is £24.95 - seemed a lot of cash but I had enough Boots points, which was handy! Although I think the Clarasonics are about £150, so in comparison - a bargain! My skin is quite oily too so I get a bit scared about trying new things, but this combo seems to be working really well :) xx

Classic! Love the beauty ramble. I also am a Liz Earle girl but I get 50% off friends and fam discount ;-) the shop is spitting distance from my office too.

However I alternate between clarins, no7 and soap and glory. Very occasionally I have a splurge in to Molton brown outlet store.

Too funny about lidl. I have the cien cream too but yet to try the perfume. At the mo I have a cheapy avon one for work that smells a bit like ck 1.

My roughty toughty navy boy loves products too! He once bought shimmer dove lotion by accident. Watching him throw a strop as I'm wetting myself walking to town in the sun when I realise he is sparkling from head to toe in his shorts and flip flops like Edward Cullen in twilight ;-)

Kitchen should be at least usable by end of month!

Loving the tips Sarah! Having also just turned 30, I have also been thinking that it's time to overhaul my make-up bag and daily beauty routine.

By chance, someone has just given me a No7 voucher which needs to be used by this weekend. It's for skincare so I wonder if I can use it on the cleansing brush....

I don't have a Lidl near me but I have heard wonderful things about their Cien Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream. A while back I read some good reviews on the Aldi version so I tried that and it's not too bad actually.

xx

I was crying! I didn't spot it until we were in the sunshine. He's bald too and had slapped it all over his face and head. I accused him of raiding my stuff! Got home and realised what he'd bought. He still gets stroppy if I bring up now and I still get tears rolling down my face. Thankfully the hand wipes I had in my bag got most of it off. He was threatening to walk home and not come to the pub lol

Haha loving the beauty talk - 1 of my favourite subjects! :) I've been lusting after a clarasonic for yonks but I just can't justify it. On the subject of liz Earle, I looove the cleanse and polish :) hope work got better?

I'm with the soups too, infect I made a big batch of thick chicken and sweet corn a couple of days ago, having the last of it tonight! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha loving the beauty talk - 1 of my favourite subjects! :) I've been lusting after a clarasonic for yonks but I just can't justify it. On the subject of liz Earle, I looove the cleanse and polish :) hope work got better?

I'm with the soups too, infect I made a big batch of thick chicken and sweet corn a couple of days ago, having the last of it tonight!

Christmas sounds lovely, where is it you're going? Xx

They've just released a limited edition cleanse and polish that I'm going to get.

Btw, if anyone can't stretch to cleanse and polish or loves a bargain, Superdrug do a hot cloth cleanser that my sources say is a close second ;-)

They've just released a limited edition cleanse and polish that I'm going to get. Btw, if anyone can't stretch to cleanse and polish or loves a bargain, Superdrug do a hot cloth cleanser that my sources say is a close second ;-)

Ooh that's good to know, thanks Kath!xx

Right then, hump day, let's be having you!

EE day all sorted:
B - muller light with strawberries
L - feta salad (hexa) with 1 syn ex light mayo and 1 syn sweet chilli sauce
D - turkey stir fry with 2 syns oyster sauce
Snacks - banana, bran flakes, Alpen light (1/2 hexb each), 2 peanut M&Ms (1 syn), 2 Quality Street chocs (3 syns)

Last edited:
Hopefully, Kath! I've been faffing around this weight for far too long - I need to start prioritising 'Project Target' over my social life and flippin' well get there!! :) xx

NSV of the day - managing to drink a litre of water by lunchtime! Another one to go this afternoon. It really boosts my losses so I need to make sure I make this a habit.

You certainly can, Tash, you're practially there :D

I'm so hoping I can get there - I just need to stop taking random weeks off! I want to be at target more than I need to have random drinks/meals out. I just wish I could remember that!!

xx

Back