Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Well, yesterday was brought to you by the letters M (meringues), C (cupcakes) and R (rock cakes), but it was a super day with my auntie and uncle, line drawn and fast day today for some damage control! Although not a very well planned fast day so food might be a bit random!

B - Muller Greek (90) and a banana (100)
L - 2 crisp bread (50) with a cheese triangle (25) and tomatoes (15?), raspberries or strawberries (whatever looks nicest at Tesco downstairs - 50)
D - Carrot & coriander soup (75)

The scales were super-duper kind this morning and I'm still 10.10 but need to make sure I get 2 fast days in this week or there will be no loss for me next Monday!

Ooh I'm loving the fact it's Tuesday already - hump day will be upon us tomorrow! Hope you all have super days!

xx

It was a really delicious day! And I've got some very happy work colleagues tucking into lots of leftover cakes and meringues whilst I'm eating my banana! Trying to wait as long as poss for my brekkie to avoid mid-afternoon hunger attacks! I WILL do this fast day, even if it's tough! Thursday's one will be much easier as I'm working from home so can have banana pancakes again!

xx

Hehe I'm attempting a fast day too and banana pancakes are firmly on the menu for later today!

The meringues looked AMAZING on IG! you're such a fab baker!
Good luck with the fast - it will feel so satisfying this evening once you've done it! :)
xxx

Thanks hun! Have been struggling with cakes in the oven at the new house - it's Bosch and looks gorgeous but it browns stuff quicker on one side than the other, which isn't good! BUt this weekend I discovered it's brilliant for meringues! Which are also lower syn, so double win! :D

Are you back at work today? I bet it's back to Earth with a bump after your amazing weekend although amazing result on the scales! xx

Thanks hun! Have been struggling with cakes in the oven at the new house - it's Bosch and looks gorgeous but it browns stuff quicker on one side than the other, which isn't good! BUt this weekend I discovered it's brilliant for meringues! Which are also lower syn, so double win! :D

Are you back at work today? I bet it's back to Earth with a bump after your amazing weekend although amazing result on the scales! xx

Woo for the perfect meringue oven! :) I LOVE MERINGUES!
I'm off on study leave at home today as have an exam on Friday...but tomorrow is going to be tough...so making the most of the banana pancake opportunity today! :)
xxx

Really didn't fancy dry crisp bread for lunch so went to Tesco and they had a snack pack of cucumber sticks with seeds and tsatziki (spelling?!) - 120 cals for the lot but I only had 1/4 of the sauce so definitely under 100 cals and it was tasty.

So revised plan for today is:
B - banana (100)
L - cucumber and seeds (100). Muller Greek (90)
D - carrot soup (75) with 2 crisp bread (50) and 1 cheese triangle (25) - dinner will feel more substantial with crackers!
Snack - raspberries (50)

Now it's 1.15pm it's definitely feeling more do-able!

Gonna make a big veggie pasta bake tonight so I'm set up for a good old green day tomorrow (and Dave can have it tonight). I love green days when the weather is rubbish! xx

Right, it's official, holiday plans have changed. Unfortunately we can't find a week where Dave and I can get a week off work and Sophie is also free in China for us to visit her. Her exams and post-exam travel plans plus the training Dave's on for his new promotion mean we just can't make it work. It's a real shame but I know in my heart she will go back to China once she graduates so we will have plenty of other opportunities to go and see her.

There's always a silver lining though and that's that Dave and I have decided to go on a sunny holiday instead, hopefully the first week of June. Still looking at destinations but might do Mexico? Gonna have a proper look tonight but super excited! That does only leave me 6 weeks to get bikini ready so there will definitely be fast days every week! I would feel like a beast in swimwear right now, which makes me feel really cross with myself because last summer I felt fab! But there's still time...I just need to stay focused :) xx

Whoop whoop it's hump day already! I've got another endless day of meetings plus a tonne of work to do so I'm hoping it'll fly by! Going to watch an Eagles tribute band with Dave and my 'rents tonight, so looking forward to that. Will make tea a bit of a rush, but I'm sure I can just about fit it all in!

Green day today:
B - brekkie biccies and a (HEXB1)
L - Jacket potato with beans and HEXA1 cheese
D - BNS curry with rice
Snacks - 1 extra brekkie biccy (1/2 HEXB2) Alpen Light (1/2 HEXB2), skinny cappuccino (HEXA2)

xxx

Last edited:
How exciting about the holiday!!! I'd love to go to Mexico, never been! Have you booked anything yet or still browsing?!

Fab work on the loss gorgeous! You'll have shifted those 10lbs and be back in those 9s in no time...especially if you have the holiday as a motivator!

Having seen you and minks on the curries for dins these past couple of days, I think I might have to plan one in this week too! :)

Have a wonderful hump day! Xxx

Thanks honey! We haven't booked anything yet but I think I've found where I want to go - it's called the Moon Palace in Cancun - every room has a jaccuzzi. It looks immense! Can't wait for a week of total relaxation...we haven't been for a proper chillout holiday since 2012 (we went to Rome for Dave's birthday and Champange for my birthday last year, so we went away but it wasn't a beach holiday), so I feel like it's well deserved!

Deffo go for the curry! I was fancying one of Minks' Indian feasts but we are out tonight, I'm on a fast day tomorrow and we are out Friday then we have friends over on Saturday (they have requested Dave's paella) so all I can squeeze in is a quick curry tonight. Bhajis will have to go on the list for next week!

Hope you have a super hump day my love xxx

Sad news about China but by the sounds of it you'll get to go in the future anyway! Holiday to Mexico sounds fab! :) We are trying to sort whether we are going away with James family to Spain but if not we will probs go to Greece; no holiday abroad next year as will be saving our pennies for stag/hen holidays and honeymoon! I love holidays such an exciting run up too! Let us know when you book and send us a link to hotel. I think you should go for the jacuzzi hotel for sure!!

Food sounding good :) you're on it girl! And well done for the amazing 3lb loss - inspiring! xxxx

I'm pretty sure my heart is set on the Moon Palace...trying to work out if we can afford to go for 10 days, rather than a week, but that might be pushing the credit card too far! Their website loads really slowly on my machine, but if you put Moon Palace Cancun into Google or Trip Advisor there are some amazing reviews and pics...I really can't wait!

Ooh saving for weddings and honeymoons and hens and stags is so exciting!!!! It makes me go all Cheshire Cat thinking about it :D xxx

Oooh it looks gorgeous!!! And Mexico is lovely weather pretty much all the time too. My mum went last year and said she would go back. We are starting to think about honeymoon places and Mexico is somewhere we are considering.
Look forward to seeing your BNS curry! Hope you have a fab day and it flies by xx

3lbs off! Wooooooop!! Sorry I'm so late but yay for that! Shows just what you can achieve when you put your mind to it :)

I am so jealous of all this holiday chat... that place is Mexico sounds unreal!! I think the climate is quite similar to Cuba?! If so, I am super jealous! xx

Yep it's really close to Cuba. The first time we went there, there was a massive storm and they closed Havana airport and we actually ended up landing to refuel in Cancun before flying back to Havana so in a strange way we've been there before! I just remember huge hotels and white sand! Normally I'd like to go for somewhere with a tonne of culture, and I know there's a lot in other parts of Mexico, but this time we really do need a veg holiday on an incredible beach somewhere, so I think it will do the job just perfectly :) xxx

Back