Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Thanks chick.

Salad is the same as Tuesday's - salad leaves, baby plum tomatoes, cucumber, celery, radishes, 1/2 avocado and 1/2 pack of sweet chilli chicken pieces with a sweet chilli dressing. Have bought in half a Warburton's wholemeal thin to go with it too. There are usually loads of naughties in the office on a Friday (one of the guys has just walked in with a box of 20 creme eggs!!) so I want to make sure I feel satisfied after lunch so I'm not tempted.

xx

Your lunch and dinner sound divine xxxx

I was hoping to have time to turn my Thin into some nice crunchy crutons to toss through at lunchtime but I faffed about doing my make up this morning so didn't get chance! I'm such a carb monster, I do like having a little bit of bread or something at lunchtime. I should have thrown some seeds through, as I grabbed a mixed bag of sunflower/pumpkin etc the other day, but again forgot. At least I remembered to make the actual salad last night! xxx

Can anyone see the eclipse where they are? I'm a bit gutted it's cloudy here - we can't see a thing. It's just getting dark like it's 3pm in the middle of winter #anticlimax xxx

I saw it!! It was so cloudy this morning but literally cleared at about 9am so there was perfect viewing when it arrived at 9.31am!

It was so eerie, the entire street basically stopped for about 5 mins and stared up. I was seeing stars in my eye for ages after - it was super strong and I wasn't even looking directly at it! xx

Hey lovely lady. Your food sounds lovely today, I want your dinner (and everyone else's right now). Just been trying to have a bit of a catch up. Your food and exercise has been amazing and how on earth your served the yumminess of dauphinoise potatoe I will never know! Your dance classes with your Mumma sound sound cute xxx

Hiiii Miss Corset!!! Here to subscribe!!! :) Your diary looks amazing! excited to watch your journey!! :)

Small brownie bite consumed in ever-so boring meeting but checked cals first and only 66 so it's all good! Have looked at cals for today and even have enough for a creme egg later if I fancy one. Whoop! xxx

Haha. I know, Pip - that's kinda why I'm loving it. I do remember Stevie saying counting cals encouraged you to go for the wrong things, and I can see how easily that can happen. I'm trying really hard to make a conscious effort to make sure I'm eating enough fruit and veg and checking my nutrition on MFP to make sure I've got the balance right! xxx

I think that's sensible. I think you have a really good balance. I see people on IG who do CC/5:2 and they just eat convenience foods most of the time but it's deemed ok as it's within calories... to me that isn't making lifestyle changes to live a healthier life. It's just salami slicing food consumption until you see the scales move. Nothing really changes and I really don't think people can sustain counting calories for the rest of their life. They'll see not doing it as a "day off" and then you slip back into old ways easily.

If you read anything about sugar or sugar free diets (even the sugar show last night on BBC1) it would make you never want to eat anything you hadn't cooked from scratch yourself!! Balance is key though :) x

I can see how people get sucked down that route. For me, it seems a bit like Weight Watchers, where you end up buying all their processed meals and snacks just because it makes counting points easy. That was the joy of SW for me - being able to cook what I liked and hardly have to weigh/count anything. For some people it must be so hard being healthy - it makes me cross that SW now have ready meals in Iceland...that kind of stuff doesn't help anyone long term xxx

Last edited:
Back