Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Actually - Dave is going for a ride, so I might go for a run - not too far as it's hot and I have dancing tonight, but it's such a lovely eve, it'll be nice to get out for some fresh air xxx

So glad it's over for you! Hope you're enjoying a relaxing lunch! Sorry you can't get out into the sunshine! It's a miserable day here! I have the heating on!!

Seriously?! Oh my gosh...it's so weird how the weather can be so different! It's wall to wall sunshine and about 23-24 degrees today - it feels like being on holiday! xxx

Glad the auditors went okay honey, bless you getting stressed about it although I think people who care always do :)

xxxx

Glad it's over lovely, its about 11-12 degrees here today, and the sunshine has gone in for a bit. Enjoy the sunshine on your little run and the dancing tonight. You can run all the stress off.
xxx

Only ran 2k as it was so so hot! Ended up running the long way to grannies to sit with her for a bit. Then did potato skins and salad for tea - was yum! Hardest ballroom glass ever tonight! So ready for bed now :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What dances did you do tonight? You must be getting really good now!!!

Glad the auditors are over and done with. Never a good experience!

Make sure you're hammering the water into you if you're planning to run in hot weather and I always make sure I bring a bottle with me if it's more than 5k!! So easy to get dehydrated in the heat xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

What dances did you do tonight? You must be getting really good now!!!

Glad the auditors are over and done with. Never a good experience!

Make sure you're hammering the water into you if you're planning to run in hot weather and I always make sure I bring a bottle with me if it's more than 5k!! So easy to get dehydrated in the heat xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

We started the foxtrot (apparently the hardest ballroom dance to learn) and learned a new variation of the rhumba which ends up being a group dance. It's getting so complicated! We are defintely not very good but we have such a giggle doing it. Mum had a bit of a 'mare of a day with my Grannie yesterday so was feeling tired and frazzled and struggled to concentrate, bless her. xxx

Morning beauts!

And welcome back, Lil!! :D

I'm in the office on my WFH day, which I'm not massively impressed with, but I'm here so I can go to a meeting with some important bods so hopefully it'll be worth it!

Eats aren't totally planned but the general gist is:
B - Crunchy Nut, nibbled on!
L - Skinny Soup and a seedy Warburton's Thin
D - Creamy smoked salmon and pea pasta (using up the contents of the fridge!!)

xxx

Poor Grannie. How is she doing?

Dinner last night sounded yum. Did you make them? xx

It was a bad day yesterday - long story but Mum has been trying to make progress with social services about getting some help with care for Grannie. We would like to her her into a home but as she doesn't own her house (my Uncle does), getting funding for that is almost impossible. Mum met with someone to assess Grannie's finances the other week and we've been on the waiting list for someone to come to Grannie's (with Mum) and assess her and her needs. They were under VERY strict instructions that all communications were to go through my Mum as Grannie doesn't understand what's happening.

But at 2pm yesterday, my Dad (who thankfully is off work at the mo) got a call from Grannie in tears saying there was a man at the door and she was frightened. Dad flew round there and there was a man from social services who had called Grannie in the morning and asked if he could make an appointment for 2pm. She had agreed (but immediately forgotten, like she does with everything) but was terrified when he turned up. My Dad went mental at him and there were lots of phonecalls between him and my Mum throughout the afternoon. Social Services don't feel they've done anything wrong, but Mum had Grannie in tears all afternoon and it's messed with her poor little head so she now thinks she's in hospital (or somewhere that's not home). And she still can't remember that Grandpa isn't with us any more.

It's all really sad :( xxxx

Aw Sarah that is so sad :( and so wrong of them! So stressful for your wee mum too!

Dancing sounds like the perfect therapy :)

Dinner sounds Sooo good!

I hope your meeting with the big wigs goes well babe xxxx

Oh Sarah, that's horrid. How can they not see that they done anything wrong? I bet it would be a very different situation if it was their Mum/Grannie that had been treated like that.

Can your mum use it as evidence that she needs help?

Care home funding makes me angry. You don't expect in this day and age, and in a country which prides itself on the NHS, to not help people in need with the care they deserve. It's disgusting xxx

I'm so cross I can't even put it into words.

It's ridiculous that potentially, if Grannie had let him in, she would have said she didn't need any help, cooks all her own meals, does all her own washing, has a husband who is in hospital and that she walks to the town every day to do her shopping and go to the hairdressers. None of which is true. The only time an outsider can tell that she doesn't have all her marbles is if they ask her something like the year...to which she will answer something like 1961.

Mum does absolutely everything for her, Grannie just doesn't realise. It's such a horrible and frustrating situation.

She's not safe at home on her own - she has been known to leave the gas on, she leaves the back door of the house unlocked, she answers the door to randoms and gets double vision so is prone to falling over...I'm sure it's only a matter of time before she falls down the stairs or something and the doctors have said if she breaks her hip, she will be bedbound for the rest of her life.

We are definitely raising a formal complaint with social services about the way this has all been dealt with. They are so useless. Mum is already terrified that they won't take good enough care of Grannie, which is why it's taken her so long to try and get help, but now I can see why she is nervous.

I managed to find a Carer's Support group locally last night so Mum is going to call them today and ask for some advice. Hopefully they will be much nicer people :)

Sorry for the massive rant...xxxx

She's 94!

We did try Age UK a while back and I think they gave Mum the number of a local dementia support group, but not sure if Mum got in touch with them? Until a little while ago she was a bit anti-help!

xxx

Oh my goodness Sarah what an awful thing to have happened. No wonder your poor mum couldnt concentrate last night!
Why do these things have to be made so difficult? I really hope making the formal complaint makes someone pay attention and has a positive outcome.

Dinner also sounds delicious!xxx

Aw Sarah, what an awful situation. Admitting you need help is such a big step that I always feel for people as it's usually when they're at the very end of their tether and it just opens a whole other pandoras box. Navigation around social care sounds really terrible in England, espec with council cuts etc. It's such a pity it's kept separate from the NHS.

I was going to suggest that maybe she got some advice from charities etc but it sounds like she's exploring that at the minute. Apart from that and just trying to navigate the system, maybe it would be worth writing some kind of complaint? Not even necessarily to push things forward but to highlight this as a case so it doesn't happen to someone else. you'd hope that would facilitate some learning from it! xx

Really sorry to hear about grannie :( sounds really sad and hard on all of you too. sending my love and hope you find some well needed support soon!! X

Back