Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Sarah's 'trying new things' diary

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weight Loss Diary' started by sarah_lou1981, 25 October 2011 Social URL.

1. sarah_lou1981

sarah_lou1981 Not gonna be a fat mamma!

Start Weight:
    115.21kg
    Current Weight:
    99kg
    Goal Weight:
    69kg
    Lost(%):
    16.2kg(14.06%)
    Diet:
    5:2
    I already have a weight loss diary on here but decided to start a second diary where I try new things - as the title suggests!! ;)

Whenever I diet I always seem to stick to the same kinds of food. Having done SW in the past my meals of choice have always been Jacket potatoes and huge salads, which I still love but OH is keen to try new things!! I also work shifts and do two 70 hour weeks a month so I usually eat whatever is easy and readily available. But I need to stick to the diet this time without getting bored in a month so here I go....

Started off basic....for the first time EVER I made an omelette this morning. Didn't even have a clue HOW to do it, just chucked three eggs and some tomatoes and mushrooms in a pan and hoped for the best. When it stopped separating and spreading all over the pan enough for it to stick together so I could put it on the plate it resembled what I can only describe as sick!! However, it tasted amazing!!

Having decided I was on a roll I then decided to make some SW chips for lunch. Yes, I admit that I have NEVER actually made these. I usually chuck some low fat oven chips in and syn them. Again, a roaring success and they looked as good as they tasted.

So I'm starting off small.....no three course meals for me. If anyone has any easy recipes for me to have a go at please let me know and I'll keep you all updated on my progress. You never know, one day I may actually learn how to roast a chicken in the oven instead of bunging it in the slow cooker!!!! :8855:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarah_lou1981

Start Weight:
    115.21kg
    Current Weight:
    99kg
    Goal Weight:
    69kg
    Lost(%):
    16.2kg(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Ok so I haven't done very well at all at this trying new things business. I'm off Monday-Thursday next week so the week will consist of me trying new recipes. And then I will be updating!!!

4. sarah_lou1981

Start Weight:
    115.21kg
    Current Weight:
    99kg
    Goal Weight:
    69kg
    Lost(%):
    16.2kg(14.06%)
    Diet:
    Well I've definitely not done very well at updating!! Although I have done FAR better at the trying new things :) So far this week ive made sweet potato and leek soup and a mixed pepper soup, a red lentil curry, spicy houmous and ive got a cheese setting in the fridge! Apart from the cheese, which I wont know about until tomorrow, everything was yum!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.