Sarah's 'trying new things' diary

sarah_lou1981

Back again!!
I already have a weight loss diary on here but decided to start a second diary where I try new things - as the title suggests!! ;)

Whenever I diet I always seem to stick to the same kinds of food. Having done SW in the past my meals of choice have always been Jacket potatoes and huge salads, which I still love but OH is keen to try new things!! I also work shifts and do two 70 hour weeks a month so I usually eat whatever is easy and readily available. But I need to stick to the diet this time without getting bored in a month so here I go....

Started off basic....for the first time EVER I made an omelette this morning. Didn't even have a clue HOW to do it, just chucked three eggs and some tomatoes and mushrooms in a pan and hoped for the best. When it stopped separating and spreading all over the pan enough for it to stick together so I could put it on the plate it resembled what I can only describe as sick!! However, it tasted amazing!!

Having decided I was on a roll I then decided to make some SW chips for lunch. Yes, I admit that I have NEVER actually made these. I usually chuck some low fat oven chips in and syn them. Again, a roaring success and they looked as good as they tasted.

So I'm starting off small.....no three course meals for me. If anyone has any easy recipes for me to have a go at please let me know and I'll keep you all updated on my progress. You never know, one day I may actually learn how to roast a chicken in the oven instead of bunging it in the slow cooker!!!! :8855:

Ok so I haven't done very well at all at this trying new things business. I'm off Monday-Thursday next week so the week will consist of me trying new recipes. And then I will be updating!!!

Well I've definitely not done very well at updating!! Although I have done FAR better at the trying new things :) So far this week ive made sweet potato and leek soup and a mixed pepper soup, a red lentil curry, spicy houmous and ive got a cheese setting in the fridge! Apart from the cheese, which I wont know about until tomorrow, everything was yum!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using MiniMins

Back