Smart Points Sarah's WW Diary - 5.5lb lost / 65to go :)

Good evening everyone,

How are we all?? It's been a long couple of weeks with lots of pain and stress but I am hoping it hasn't set me back at weigh in tomorrow!! Update on the freezer......it didn't arrive yesterday as booked so I was really annoyed and have given Argos a piece of my mind!! It is booked for tomorrow now and so far it's looking promising as I have had a call today just to confirm and give me piece of mind, so fingers crossed on that!!!

I went to the doctors today and she asked me about my weight loss, of which I told her me losses and she agreed it should of been more and went through my meds one by one and it appears several of them will likely be causing me a slow loss so she has asked me to try orlistat for 3 months of which I agreed so I am starting it in the morning and still following WW :)

I just hope my freezer does come tomorrow as I really need to go shopping!! xx

Good evening everyone,

How are we all?? It's been a long couple of weeks with lots of pain and stress but I am hoping it hasn't set me back at weigh in tomorrow!! Update on the freezer......it didn't arrive yesterday as booked so I was really annoyed and have given Argos a piece of my mind!! It is booked for tomorrow now and so far it's looking promising as I have had a call today just to confirm and give me piece of mind, so fingers crossed on that!!!

I went to the doctors today and she asked me about my weight loss, of which I told her me losses and she agreed it should of been more and went through my meds one by one and it appears several of them will likely be causing me a slow loss so she has asked me to try orlistat for 3 months of which I agreed so I am starting it in the morning and still following WW :)

I just hope my freezer does come tomorrow as I really need to go shopping!! xx

Hey You, sorry to hear it's been a rough few weeks for you :( Are u on steroids as part of your treatment? Good Luck with the Orlistat, I know the side effects can sound quite scary but as long as you follow a very low fat diet you should be fine and the results are normally brilliant. I expect a positive freezer update tomrorow!!!! X

Hey You, sorry to hear it's been a rough few weeks for you :( Are u on steroids as part of your treatment? Good Luck with the Orlistat, I know the side effects can sound quite scary but as long as you follow a very low fat diet you should be fine and the results are normally brilliant. I expect a positive freezer update tomrorow!!!! X
Hi hun,

Yes I remember the descriptions my mum and sister gave me about it years ago lol but they didn't change their diet so I'm not surprised!! :eek:

I have been on and off steroids but not on them at the moment. I am however on amertryptaline, setreline, co-codamol, and butrans patches.....and others, but she thinks its these 4. So I will give this Xenical a really good try and see if it can give my losses that little boost :D

Yes I sure hope that freezer comes....my time slot is 12:50 - 2:50....so watch this space!! :):) Hows things going for you? I haven't had a catch up on here yet lol xx

Hi hun,

Yes I remember the descriptions my mum and sister gave me about it years ago lol but they didn't change their diet so I'm not surprised!! :eek:

I have been on and off steroids but not on them at the moment. I am however on amertryptaline, setreline, co-codamol, and butrans patches.....and others, but she thinks its these 4. So I will give this Xenical a really good try and see if it can give my losses that little boost :D

Yes I sure hope that freezer comes....my time slot is 12:50 - 2:50....so watch this space!! :):) Hows things going for you? I haven't had a catch up on here yet lol xx

I think as long as you are sensible and change your diet appropriately you will be just fine. I have always had to take a cocktail of medication so I feels your pain, steroids are the worst for me and I take them twice a day which just sucks!!! I'm doing ok thank you, lost another 2.5lbs at WI this morning meaning I've lost 10.5lbs in 4wks which I'm thrilled with. X

I think as long as you are sensible and change your diet appropriately you will be just fine. I have always had to take a cocktail of medication so I feels your pain, steroids are the worst for me and I take them twice a day which just sucks!!! I'm doing ok thank you, lost another 2.5lbs at WI this morning meaning I've lost 10.5lbs in 4wks which I'm thrilled with. X
Aw well done that's fab!!! .... Just had my WI and lost 1 1/2lb. Still a loss I know but I was disappointed as I was less at doctors yesterday so was hoping for a really good loss today.... Oh well, the battle goes on!!! Xx

Aw well done that's fab!!! .... Just had my WI and lost 1 1/2lb. Still a loss I know but I was disappointed as I was less at doctors yesterday so was hoping for a really good loss today.... Oh well, the battle goes on!!! Xx

A loss is a loss and with everything you have going on you should be very very proud of yourself! Onwards and Downwards! X

A loss is a loss and with everything you have going on you should be very very proud of yourself! Onwards and Downwards! X
Aw thank you!! :) xx

Hi,

So sorry I have been really rubbish as this logging thing lately :( I t has been a really bad few weeks for me. I got some scan results back this week which revealed I have significant nerve damage in my feet and the arthritis is worse, and I have neuromas in 4 areas, in both feet.....which is very rare to have it in both feet and to have multiple areas so to have both of those is quite bad!! This means I will be having some injections, physio and inserts for my shoes whilst I wait for surgery. The surgery is to try and save the other nerves....but I will eventually lose all feeling in my feet as its progressive, so a very hard thing to hear and accept!!! ...and then they tell me to try and lose weight but no weight baring exercise!! Swimming it is them lol.

Diet wise, I have been on plan and taking my Xenical so looking forward to WI on Saturday :D

And another bit of news....happy news..... It is official, after 5 years of being single......I am no long a single girl! :D:D I have been very lucky to of met an amazing man, who lives 2 min from me, who is gorgeous, has a lovely heart , who is supportive and who is already besotted with me!! What more could I want lol We have been on a few dates now and have really hit it off!! So I'm happy to share my good news with you all :):) xx

Hi,

So sorry I have been really rubbish as this logging thing lately :( I t has been a really bad few weeks for me. I got some scan results back this week which revealed I have significant nerve damage in my feet and the arthritis is worse, and I have neuromas in 4 areas, in both feet.....which is very rare to have it in both feet and to have multiple areas so to have both of those is quite bad!! This means I will be having some injections, physio and inserts for my shoes whilst I wait for surgery. The surgery is to try and save the other nerves....but I will eventually lose all feeling in my feet as its progressive, so a very hard thing to hear and accept!!! ...and then they tell me to try and lose weight but no weight baring exercise!! Swimming it is them lol.

Diet wise, I have been on plan and taking my Xenical so looking forward to WI on Saturday :D

And another bit of news....happy news..... It is official, after 5 years of being single......I am no long a single girl! :D:D I have been very lucky to of met an amazing man, who lives 2 min from me, who is gorgeous, has a lovely heart , who is supportive and who is already besotted with me!! What more could I want lol We have been on a few dates now and have really hit it off!! So I'm happy to share my good news with you all :):) xx

Wow!

That's a message of 2 halves!

Firstly we are all here to support with your health news, the worst things happen to the best people and we are all here for you.

But WOW what fantastic news about u getting yourself a fella, you go girl!!!! How did you two meet? So happy for you sweetie!

Good Luck for WI, hopefully you'll get chance to log in and let us all know your result!!!! X

Wow!

That's a message of 2 halves!

Firstly we are all here to support with your health news, the worst things happen to the best people and we are all here for you.

But WOW what fantastic news about u getting yourself a fella, you go girl!!!! How did you two meet? So happy for you sweetie!

Good Luck for WI, hopefully you'll get chance to log in and let us all know your result!!!! X
Hi, Aw thank you hunnie!! I am trying not to fret over the health news as I know what I am like and it would really get to me if I over think it! Instead I am going to make the most of what I do have while I still have it!! :):) .....A new fella being one of those amazing things! He has been so supportive! .....We met......via internet dating!! I was only on there a day lol He clearly knows a good thing when he see's it and snapped me up :D:D:D Its hard as I don't want to get too excited as I know these things can quickly go wrong, but I can't help it!! lol He is just the same, if not worse!! lol.....hopefully seeing him later.....and again tmrw! :):) xxx

Hi, Aw thank you hunnie!! I am trying not to fret over the health news as I know what I am like and it would really get to me if I over think it! Instead I am going to make the most of what I do have while I still have it!! :):) .....A new fella being one of those amazing things! He has been so supportive! .....We met......via internet dating!! I was only on there a day lol He clearly knows a good thing when he see's it and snapped me up :D:D:D Its hard as I don't want to get too excited as I know these things can quickly go wrong, but I can't help it!! lol He is just the same, if not worse!! lol.....hopefully seeing him later.....and again tmrw! :):) xxx

Awwwww you two are so sweet! I wish you every happiness together, you two truly deserve it x

Awwwww you two are so sweet! I wish you every happiness together, you two truly deserve it x
Awww thank you!! We had a great evening last night and looking forward to tonight. I'm making fajitas for us so still on plan. Had weigh in and it's another 1lb off for me, disappointing but still a pound in the right direction which is the main thing!! xx

Awww thank you!! We had a great evening last night and looking forward to tonight. I'm making fajitas for us so still on plan. Had weigh in and it's another 1lb off for me, disappointing but still a pound in the right direction which is the main thing!! xx

We are twins this week with our 1lb each!!!! Well Done Sweetie! Oooooo Fajitas sounds lovely, what's for dessert ;) x

Just trying to catch up with diaries after not being about for a couple of weeks.

Congratulations on the loss, it sounds like your losses have been very consistent and if the doctor thinks that your meds are likely to be affecting your losses then I think you have done brilliantly.

Sorry to hear about the negative health news, hopefully the treatments will slow the deterioration as much as possible. Swimming is great non-weight bearing exercise, although for some reason I always find it makes me hungrier than other forms of exercise, absolutely no idea why that is!

Lovely news about the new chap, isn't it funny that on internet dating when it could have been someone from absolutely anywhere it ended up being someone from 2 mins down the road!

We are twins this week with our 1lb each!!!! Well Done Sweetie! Oooooo Fajitas sounds lovely, what's for dessert ;) x
Ha ha dessert was really really naughty!!!.....Cheesecake!!! lol Well it was for him at least lol I had strawberries and yogurt :D xx

Ha ha dessert was really really naughty!!!.....Cheesecake!!! lol Well it was for him at least lol I had strawberries and yogurt :D xx

Good Girl!!!! Well Done for resisting cheesecake! X

Just trying to catch up with diaries after not being about for a couple of weeks.

Congratulations on the loss, it sounds like your losses have been very consistent and if the doctor thinks that your meds are likely to be affecting your losses then I think you have done brilliantly.

Sorry to hear about the negative health news, hopefully the treatments will slow the deterioration as much as possible. Swimming is great non-weight bearing exercise, although for some reason I always find it makes me hungrier than other forms of exercise, absolutely no idea why that is!

Lovely news about the new chap, isn't it funny that on internet dating when it could have been someone from absolutely anywhere it ended up being someone from 2 mins down the road!
Hi,

Awww thank you!!! Yes it sure has been a tough few weeks but I will not let it beat me!! Swimming does make me very hungry too!! I am thinking I might buy a cross trainer as that may be a good one to try. I am going to Decathlon on Thursday to try some......was going today but the new fella suggested Thursday as he is off and as he is keen to support me I will embrace it :) ....besides if I buy one I am sure he will come in very handy with transporting it and getting it up stairs lol........It's great that he is so local, we both have a great vibe about us which I have never had before so it's all good :)

How are you getting on?? xx

Good Girl!!!! Well Done for resisting cheesecake! X
lol thank you, it was soooo hard!! lol But if I want to reach goal, I need to be so dedicated, especially with such little losses and maximum effort!! I feel the slightest hiccups can be detrimental so its helping to keep me on track!! :D xx

Good morning my lovlies :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines day yesterday!?? I was thoroughly spoiled by my new fella and feel a very lucky girl to have him!! He wrote some beautiful words in my card too, so sweet!!

Weight wise...hmmmm I am really not a happy girl on that front :( I STS yesterday which has really disheartened me!! So much so, I have this morning cancelled my monthly pass as I can't keep paying for it if I am not getting the results! I put some of my average days into a calorie counter (MFP) and my calories are way too high for me to be losing weight with how inactive I am...and if I have to count calories to lose then there is no point me following WW, if that makes sense?! MFP puts me at needing 1350 calories a day to lose 2lb a week.....WW puts me at 1800 - 2100 :eek: ...which explains why I have such minimal losses when I stick with it 100%... I have not one gone over my allowances!! ......So I am afraid guys I am yet again jumping ship........back to Calorie Counting!!! I have been here so many times before but I honestly cant see any other way forward. It makes sense to me that in my situation calories in V calories out is the obvious choice?? I will of course be still staying in touch and following your progress....please add me as a friend if I am not all ready as I would love that dearly :D:D:D I'll let you guys add me as I wouldn't like to miss anyone out :):)......and I will leave this diary here and start a new one for CC'ing :)

I would also like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has supported me on this thread, it has been the best support EVER and you are all amazing!! xxxxxxx

Back