SAS Log

Gemma_C

Hi guys,

After a week of being 100% on plan and only losing 1lb, my consultant has put me on SAS to see what is creeping in. I am sure its nothing as I am 99% sure I have been bang on plan.

I hope this works-my friend said she has always had good losses on her SAS weeks.

Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat or has done these before?

Gems x

I thought the SAS log was to write down things that make you reach for the wrong foods? As in things that are sabotageing your diet.

Like - it's night time and I'm bored so I eat or I've had a row with OH so I eat etc etc - I thought that was the point of the SAS log.

If you are 99% certain that you've been on plan then I'm not sure how this can help you?

I'm also surprised she's done this because you "only lost a pound". My consultant said she'd be thrilled if we all lost a pound a week!!

I'm not being negative here, I'm just a bit confused!!

Ditto - a consultant seeing a 1lb loss as a problem?!

I to don't understand why you need a SAS log, just look at how well you've done so far. Before I hit target I'd have been a very happy bunny to lose 1lb each week.

I'd be very happy to get a pound loss and sometimes have felt upset when i've read in the past people posting that they ONLY lost a pound this week cos it makes me feel as i havent achieved anything your consultant should be congratulating you on that 1lb off its in the right direction.

Our consultant offers us a food diary sheet or an sas log sheet if we have either gained or stayed the same for over two weeks. and explains that everything we eat goes down on them so we can see where we have gone wrong i.e guessing ketchup, cereal, the odd chip here and there or my downfall a broken biscuit just sitting there.

Hi everyone.
I was given some SAS formslast night in group, as i had lost 1 1/2 lbs this week after following the plan, what i thought to be, 100%. My consultant keepstelling us how we should be expecting an average of 2-4lbs a week, every week if we follow it 100%. I have done lotsof weeks with great results,but it seems to have slowed down. Anyway,i assured her i was following it as i should,so she gave me these forms to make sure. When i asked her what i could do if it didn`t get me higher results, she said i would have to see my DR, as there must be a medical problem!!! I was too shocked to reply,and some of the new members gasped. Not really the kind of response i was looking for!

My consultant keepstelling us how we should be expecting an average of 2-4lbs a week, every week if we follow it 100%.

If only!! I've just checked my food diary and I have been 100% since the 2nd of March. I write down every single meal, snack, drink, Hex and syn that passes my lips, so know that I've been 100%. And you can see from my sig that I'm nowhere near 2-4lbs a week.

I think the general consensus is that weight comes off faster the more you have to lose. You only have to see how long people on here struggle in the weeks leading up to target to see that!! I think it's a bit harsh of your C to suggest that it's a medical problem unless there's anything else to suggest that other than you not getting huge losses every week. Surely it would be better to encourage you to try more speed foods, mixing the plan up a bit, changing any daily habits, cut syns down a bit, do a bit more exercise, up your intake of superfree or even, shock horror, commending you on continuing with the plan even though the losses have slowed down, and be supporting you all the way to target..?

My consultant keepstelling us how we should be expecting an average of 2-4lbs a week, every week if we follow it 100%. I have done lots of weeks with great results,but it seems to have slowed down. Anyway,i assured her i was following it as i should,so she gave me these forms to make sure. When i asked her what i could do if it didn`t get me higher results, she said i would have to see my DR, as there must be a medical problem!!! I was too shocked to reply,and some of the new members gasped. I was too shocked to reply,and some of the new members gasped. Not really the kind of response i was looking for!

Sorry to be so blunt but your consultant is a fool - If I were you I would email HQ and let them know what she said and how demotivating it is to members. I am sure they would be appalled as she could well be putting people off SW.

Last edited:
I'm totally gobsmacked with your consultant.
Your weight lose all depends on a number of factors not just what you eat, everyone is different and we all loose weight at different rates. I'd report her to SW HQ as she is bang out of order.

Never heard anything like it!!! 1-2lb a week is the best weight loss and I've never heard a consultant say any different.
So very wrong of them to say that!!

Thanks guys,
I did as she suggested and filled out my SAS forms, and i lost 1/2lb! I`m cycling and walking, and followed it to the letter. The only difference being i had less carbs. I`m almost at a loss what to do next week. You dont mind not losing much if you`ve been out for a cheeky meal or something but i deliberately stayed at home this week so i could keep completely on track.

My C was away this week, so i didn`t have a chance to tackle her about the DR comment, but the other members all said how shocked they were to hear her be so dismissive. We all pay good money to get good support, and i find the best support/ideas seem to come from other members. But the stand in C did agree with her that i should be seeing 2-4lbs a week losses with 5 stone still to lose.

Has anyone else got to a plateau? If so, how did you kick start it again?

So what did you put on your SAS form? Where did you think you were going wrong?
The SAS forms are meant to highlight where your slimming is being sabotaged, for example, late night TV watching, visiting friends, going out etc..... did anything affect your weight loss last week?

When I hit a plateau I just carried on, ate lots of speed and superspeed foods, changed bananas and grapes for apples etc, beef for chicken and fish, ate lots of beans and pulses and varied my foods. I ate something different for each breakfast and lunch and dinner.

There's a lot you can do. Don't focus on what you are not losing, focus on what you are losing.

Do you snack? Snack only on superfree foods, that always helps.

Just stick with it, there's a lot you can do. You actually haven't hit a plateau, you lost 1.5 the previous week and half this week! It's just not as quick as you'd like.

Totally agree that you're not plateau-ing if you've lost 2lbs in 2 weeks! Your consultant is guilty of placing unrealistic expectations on you. I've had similar stats to you and I've never lost 2-4lbs per week, sometimes 2, but more likely 1 - 1.5 which is what SW recommend. So, hang in there and keep going - you're doing great even if your consultant doesn't think so! Quite seriously though, SW head office should know what she's telling people as it's bang out of order.

1lb is a fab weight loss, nothing to be disappointed about at all, its healthy. keep up the good work :)

Thanks Ladies.

I will try the things you`ve suggested this week Jaylou, i definately think mixing things up works best. Its easy to get stuck in a rut eating the things that have worked well before. I`m eating more pulses and speed/superspeed foods so we will see what that does.

The SAS log didn`t highlight anything that i could see. I deliberately stayed away from temptation and didn`t eat out or have any alchohol. If anything, i was too good!! I did however check online with Nutracheck,and i was only having 1100calories, which is 400 below what they recomended for my weight.

I am delighted with the weight i`ve lost so far, i guess i`m used to seeing big losses week after week and when it slows a little its frustrating. Added to that the pressure of being told i should be losing more. I have no intention of giving up, and thank you for your words of incouragement!! We will be gorgeous by summer!! :))

my consultant works out how many weeks you have been on plan and the amount you have lost to average it and she says that 1.5lbs a week is bloody marvellous.

at the end of the day i didnt become 5 stone overweight in 4 weeks, so why should i expect to loose it that quickly?

Rozziebear said:
Thanks Ladies.

I will try the things you`ve suggested this week Jaylou, i definately think mixing things up works best. Its easy to get stuck in a rut eating the things that have worked well before. I`m eating more pulses and speed/superspeed foods so we will see what that does.

The SAS log didn`t highlight anything that i could see. I deliberately stayed away from temptation and didn`t eat out or have any alchohol. If anything, i was too good!! I did however check online with Nutracheck,and i was only having 1100calories, which is 400 below what they recomended for my weight.

I am delighted with the weight i`ve lost so far, i guess i`m used to seeing big losses week after week and when it slows a little its frustrating. Added to that the pressure of being told i should be losing more. I have no intention of giving up, and thank you for your words of incouragement!! We will be gorgeous by summer!! :))

If youre only having 1100 cals then youre not eating anywhere near enough especially if exercising!! It sounds silly but this can slow your losses over time. You dont need to starve on sw. Eat and enjoy!!!

SAS log required

Is there any where online that i can get a copy of the SAS log as i went to class last night and forgot to take them home!?

There used to be one on the SW website in the member's section. Not sure if it is still there after the re-design though.

Back