sat at work depressed

peanuts

good morning all well im sat here at work doing a 4 on 4 off shift. just had by strawberry ultraslim rest of the office has gone out and brought macdonalds:( smells wonderful poured myself a large pot of water to fill me up, feeling low as the weight loss seems to be slow i have lost 8 pounds in just over 3 weeks started on my 4th week last friday, thought i would have lost more, havnt cheated at all have been exercising on my 4 days off walking swimming etc. do 30 sit ups each night and touchy toes too. my size 16 trousers are looser now but its like still not small enough to comfortably get into a size 14 trousers i read on here fo people losing 7 pounds 1st week sometimes more. i wont stop the meal replacement i have given my self till june on it to see how i go i have a calorie controlled meal at night with lots of veg and i have some fruit during the day, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong please as im finding it very hard on my own at the moment. my hubby is so supportive he loves me any way really. but im slimming for me and i so want to suceed

thanks for listening :gen147:

Sorry you're feeling down Peanuts. It is tough to keep at it when the losses seem to slow down. You have to believe that a slow loss is more likely to stay gone. In the early days of Lighter Life I joined and one of the group stuck to it religously for 7 weeks and had a fantastic loss. She went to New York for the weekend and took some bars and shakes, didn't drink much and watched what she ate. After 3 days she had put on 12lbs!!!! Not wanting to bad mouth LL but bear in mind that those big early losses are a combination of things and not all fat.

Are you bored or busy? Can you find some distraction activities? If you are bored I could recommend a thread called Jenny's Diary on here (by Auburn). Takes over 2 hours to read it all and its dead funny. Got me through a weak couple of hours yesterday. Let me know how you get on - I'll be thinking of you. xx

hi judith thanks so much for your lovely kind words. feeling much better now had another ultra slim for lunch but was still feeling out of sorts. so i went and got a pkt of french fries only realised they were 90 cals for a bag had those and the difference i felt was instant. im wondering if im getting enough cals a day my app on my phone is set to 1200 eveytime i have something i add the name and the calories are done for me but everyday im have around 2-300 calories left over so i am wondering if thats the problem. will try tomorrow and have maybe a 100 cal snack during the afternoon and see if this weakness i have felt will go away.its so nice to have someone to chat to this about,, once again thankyou so much :D

i am also wondering if its because im using semi-skimmed milk instead of skimmed milk would that cause the weight loss to be slower not sure how it works :eek:

Imo less than 1000 cals is getting into the starvation zone so I would try to keep your cals at 1200. You know that if your body thinks its starving it starts grabbing everything and hanging on. I find that sometimes my weight loss seems to stop and then after a couple of weeks I drop 3/4 lbs unexpectedly.

I posted somewhere else about looking up your maintenance cals for the day and bearing this in mind. Mine is about 2300 (cos of my height mainly) so anything consumed less than this has to be nibbling at my fat reserves. I aim to eat about 1300 cals per day which means a saving of 1000 per day = 7000 per week. Because there are 3600 cals in each pound of fat this should mean a 2lb loss per week. I don't think bodies are quite as mathematical as that but it helps me when I've gone over my 1300 or the scales aren't showing what I think they should. It also covers ToTM, water retention, etc. And even if I had a binge of an extra 2000 cals I know that I can't have put on 4 lbs.

Hope this helps a bit - glad to know you're feeling brighter. x

hi judith and thanks for your reply yep i guess i have not been doing this right from to morrow will follow plan by the book and see if it helps. still have a little over 3 months to acheive what i want (hopefully) i find it easier getting the ready meals and having loads of veg as the ww meals are 2 for a pound in my local farmfoods at the moment so will stock up the freezer with those. may even have a treat too of ww pudding once a week if i save me cals feeling better now i have chatted to you. dont feel so disheartened will record my weigh in on wednesday hopefully even a pound would be fab thanks again judith

hi judith and thanks for your reply yep i guess i have not been doing this right from to morrow will follow plan by the book and see if it helps. still have a little over 3 months to acheive what i want (hopefully) i find it easier getting the ready meals and having loads of veg as the ww meals are 2 for a pound in my local farmfoods at the moment so will stock up the freezer with those. may even have a treat too of ww pudding once a week if i save me cals feeling better now i have chatted to you. dont feel so disheartened will record my weigh in on wednesday hopefully even a pound would be fab thanks again judith

Sounds like a plan. :clap: Will look forward to hearing how you get on. xx

Back