Extra Easy satsumas...

And me!!! xxx

My hubby reckons that because fruit has sugars, too much is fattening, this makes me wary of eating too much fruit and I find myself having a biscuit or 2 instead, crazy I know LOL,so you reckon I can eat loads of fruit instead of the biscuits and still lose weight?

My hubby reckons that because fruit has sugars, too much is fattening, this makes me wary of eating too much fruit and I find myself having a biscuit or 2 instead, crazy I know LOL,so you reckon I can eat loads of fruit instead of the biscuits and still lose weight?

I don't reckon, the experts at SW reckon that yes you eating lots of fruit and ditching the biscuits will make you lose weight!

I will have to try to eat more fruit instead of biscuits, the only thing is I don't always find fruit very satisfying when i am hungry, so i need to eat more than 1 piece of fruit at a time, chocolate seems more satisfying, In fact thinking about it several years ago I lost weight on Sw but at night I was in and out of the kitchen eating fruit, my husband reckoned I never stopped eating lol that is probably why he said fruit was bad for me.I will ignore him and buy a big bag of satsumas and munch those instead of biscuits and see if I can get rid of this weight.

barbarabanks said:

With respect, is yoir husband a dietician or nutrtionist :)

There's sugar is biscuits as well btw!

Here's am example. My niece is a dwarf, and struggles to put on weight, as she's so little & is gastra tube feed. The nutrtionist said that my sister should try & feed hee aa many biscuits as she would eat (in her case about 1/2 fills her up!)

barbarabanks said:

Without meaning any offence, how can anyone think biscuits are better for them than fruit?! Personally Id give ur hubby a slap!

Having said that I cant eat huge amounts of it cos it doesnt agree with me. 21 Satumas and id never be off the loo!

I've got a Tupperware box full of toasted porridge oats and tiny pinch sweetener to sprinkle over a bowl of oranges, I only use a teaspoon so I syn that at 1/2 probably too much I need to measure it, gives you a nice crunch and a little hit of carb!

How do you toast your oats?? Sounds like a good idea :0)

not_lar_croft said:
How do you toast your oats?? Sounds like a good idea :0)

Get a non stick frying pan nice and hot, add a cup of oats and toss until browned, watch them though as they can 'catch'.
Then repeat until you have a nice little tub full I stir in 1/2 tsp of sweetener to the last batch then give the whole tub a good shake.

I have run out of satsumas :( where are grapes on the allowables? Can I go for my life?

I know all fruit is free, does that include bananas or do you find yourselves limiting them , just wondered how many everyone ate, I find them more satisfying than other fruits. sometimes I eat 2 a day and wondered if this could slow my weightloss down?

No, I don't limit any fruit. I tend to have one or two bananas a day, but if I want more, I eat more.

A banana won't slow your weight loss down, the wrong foods will do that. The only thing I do is try to buy smaller bananas but only because big ones sometimes give me a bit of heartburn.

Not on SW. If we start being careful with things, we'd never eat anything.

Fruit is superfree. Fill your boots!

i did think of that! :-D im glad we can have as many as we want! my local shop outta stock till tmro :cry: xxx

I live this time of year as satsumas are about and are yummy. Is it just me or do they remind anybody else of christmas?! I think it's because I uses to get one in my stocking every year!

Back