Saturday weigh in

1.5lbs on!!! Gutted! It has been * week and I went to a wedding yesterday and ate too much and drank too much. Going to eat plenty of super speedy soup this week to get that back off!

What is 'super speedy soup'? I've seen it be mentioned a few times. Is it just ANY homemade soup? Or a certain recipe? And is it REALLY a good speed food.
Haven't WI yet but I'm pretty sure I'm up by at least 1.5lbs :( hope not! xx

I haven't tried it yet but going to make some this weekend. Apparently people report bigger weight loses eating this a few times a week for meals as it contains loads of speed food and its free. Here's the recipe

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 can chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 green, red and yellow pepper
2 beef stock cubes
salt & Pepper
Mixed herbs
water (enough to cover all ingredients)

Chop and put all veg into a pan, add everything thing else and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer until soft.

This can be left chunky or blended down - it also freezes.

Was expecting a STS but despite a few mishaps last week I've still lost 2lbs :D Only thing I can think is that Ive done alot of walking this week so its obviously paid off hehe

Ooh thanks. Think I'll try that! I start my PGCE on Monday... will be travelling and at uni and travelling back for about 12hrs a day, 5 days a week. I'm gonna need all the speed foods and quick (freezable) recipes I can lol thanks, might try and give this a go tomorrow xx

ooh well done on the fab weightloss mummy84 :) xx

Well done mummy!! Commiserations to
my other fellow weighers so far- I'm with u I'm afraid. Got back from my holiday on Tuesday and have been on plan ever since. I show a 1lb gain for the three weeks. Quite happy with that as I was completely off plan for the other 2 and a half weeks!! Now I'm back I'm determined to shift the rest of this weight! Good luck to everyone yet to weigh in and to you all for a good week. X

Hi all after not being on the wagon for the past two weeks had a lot of family issues but I'm back on it from today! Showing a 2 lb. Gain which I think considering all the crap food I ate isn't bad, on ward and upward from today x

Sofartogo! said:
Well done mummy!! Commiserations to
my other fellow weighers so far- I'm with u I'm afraid. Got back from my holiday on Tuesday and have been on plan ever since. I show a 1lb gain for the three weeks. Quite happy with that as I was completely off plan for the other 2 and a half weeks!! Now I'm back I'm determined to shift the rest of this weight! Good luck to everyone yet to weigh in and to you all for a good week. X

That is amazing!!!!

Phew, after my scare this morning from my scales... I have actually stayed the same since 20/08!! Woo! Considering I went to Las Vegas afterwards, and had eaten crap food from then until weds... I'm pretty pleased :D Also started Kettleworx which could either help or hinder my overall weightloss. But as long as the inches melt away because of it, i'll be happy. Well done everyone else!! Even people's gains have been great considering they've gone off plan! keep up the great work!! 5.5lbs until I reach my stone :) xx

Thanks kieragh! Happy to have not slipped back too much!

I did the C25K too, it was amazing and gave me such a huge sense of achievement! And although I haven't had much time for running recently (long story) I went for a run after a break of nearly 2months and managed nearly 4k no problem- I even felt like I could do more!!!

And to bugs bunny, I'm doing kettleworx too! Had a little chuckle at the words 'melt away' used! Dodgy Canadian must seep into our subconscious! We'll all be saying stuff like 'this one is your favorite, I know it!!' in a dodgy accent!

We'll be super skinny in no time!! X

Haha I know I find myself mimicking his cheesy sayings lol! Anything to get me through the workout lol!!
What week are you on Sofartogo?? And what weights do you use? I've just finished week 1. Tbh, for the amount of pain I'm in, I can't believe that's all for a total of 1 hours workout... but it's brilliant to know that's all it takes!! I am actually looking forward to the next 5 weeks (never EVER thought i'd say that about a work out haha!) I'm doing 5kg but still have to go back to 2.5kg for things like punches... my wrists are too weak lol!!

xx

Kieragh1515 said:
I think we're all doing good today on this thread, well done all :)

Is kettleworx DVD based?

It is. There are 3 main DVDs; core, resistance and cardio and the plan is to do one of each over the course of a week. The programme lasts for 6 weeks and as well as the 3 main ones, there is a fast abs and fast fat burn. It's a bit pricy but worth it and there are a few offers around. Great thread called the secret of shaping up on here about it. X

bugsbunny2000 said:
Haha I know I find myself mimicking his cheesy sayings lol! Anything to get me through the workout lol!!
What week are you on Sofartogo?? And what weights do you use? I've just finished week 1. Tbh, for the amount of pain I'm in, I can't believe that's all for a total of 1 hours workout... but it's brilliant to know that's all it takes!! I am actually looking forward to the next 5 weeks (never EVER thought i'd say that about a work out haha!) I'm doing 5kg but still have to go back to 2.5kg for things like punches... my wrists are too weak lol!!

xx

I'm on week 5 but had a break when I was on holiday (not sure I could spare the weight to put a kb in my suitcase)! I use a 4kg bell and planning to move on to a 6 and restart the programme when I finish this go round! Loving the results it gives- can see muscle definition in my arms and shoulders now! I hate the core DVD but love te other 2 (2 c sections have left my core weak)! X

Hi to all the Saturday weighers,

I too have the joy of being a SW Saturday weigher. Anyone mind if I tag along on here? I joined group at the end of may and so far I have lost 51 pounds. I still have a lot of weight to loose, so I might be here for quite a while if you will have me.

Thanks sofartogo and bugsbunny2000 x x had a bad start to week 7 though lol

You can get it back!!! Think positive!!! :)

Nearly weigh-in time again ... How are we all doing? I'm full of a cold & all I want to do is eat, but I can't taste anything anyway!!

Well done everyone on last week's weigh-in. I was on hols but weighed Tue morning to find I'd put on 4lbs ... Not too bad considering I was on a cruise where lovely food was available more or less 24/7!!

Weighed again this morning & I'm now 2lbs up on last official weigh-in, so I've managed to lose 2lbs ... But let's wait & see what the scales show tomorrow!

Good luck everyone!

Keep on going!

Back