Sauce for cold pasta?

flutterbyuk25

Hey all

I'm back on SW with avengence from tomorrow, however I do not get paid til Weds so have to eat what I have in cupboards til then.

Normally for lunch - green days - I have salad with either pasta/rice/hard boiled eggs/couscous.

I have no salad in (well a sad looking bit of celery that's all!) so was thinking of having cold pasta with a sauce/dressing of some sorts.

Can anyone recommend an easy to do LF/low syn dressing that's suitable for a veggie on green days?

I have lots of storecupcoard indgredients in.

Thanks!

x

Hi, It's not very exciting but I just use fat free vinegarette, loads of it with cold veggies in the pasta for a green day lunch. Also nice if you mash up some laughing cow as you eat.

My sister makes a pasta salad with tinned kidney beans and/or chick peas (draied and rinsed) and tinned sweetcorn.

Just cook the pasta and cool it down, then add the beans and corn and mix well.

She doesn't add a dressing or a sauce to it - it is very nice just as it is.

My sister makes a pasta salad with tinned kidney beans and/or chick peas (draied and rinsed) and tinned sweetcorn.

Just cook the pasta and cool it down, then add the beans and corn and mix well.

She doesn't add a dressing or a sauce to it - it is very nice just as it is.

Good idea! I have beans and sweetcorn in cupboard so that's what I'll do :)

x

Hi Flutterby

Have you tried mixing pasta with cottage cheese (some flavoured ones are syn free) it moistens it and gives it more flavour and no mayo means no syns

Carla cc

fromage frais, crushed garlic (if u like it) italian herbs then i tend to add to it whatever i can find! in the way of veggies and salads and beans so on!

Back