1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Sauces for pasta?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by biggirl86, 30 October 2008 Social URL.

1. biggirl86

biggirl86 Postaholic/lurker!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi everyone, I've doing red days mostly so far but would like to start trying green days too so do you have any ideas on some sauces to go with my pasta?
    I like all sorts so hopefully it shouldn't be tough but I'd like to hear from people who have tried and tested them.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. rainbow

rainbow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    how bout passata? I love that, I also like it on a red day with mince xxx
  4. Edwin

Edwin Silver Member

Weight Watchers
    Well I always make a tomato and veg sauce - not very experimental but it works and I love it!! I just chuck onions, courgette, pepper, aubergine, mushrooms into the wok with fry light. Then I add 2 tins of tom with a bit of chilli powder and sweetner. I cook it on a really low heat for about a hour so teh veg kinda blend into the toms.

Like I say it's not exotic but I like it! I would be interested in some other ideas tho...
  5. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    I 'fry' onion, garlic, add some green pepper, chopped carrot and mushrooms, tinned tomatoes, and add basil, black pepper, oregano, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. If it's a bit bland I sometimes add some worcester sauce too. I don't like quorn, so its better without, but you could add the quorn swedish style meatballs, they're quite nice.
  6. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

my favourite SW meal is chilli tomato linguini - the recipe is very simple....and it does taste best with linguini, not spaghetti.

place about 4mm of water in a saucepan and add 1 small finely chopped onion and 4 cloves of crushed garlic.

'fry' for about 5 minutes, until the the onion has softened.

add a carton of smooth passata, heat through and add salt, pepper, sweetener, chili powder and paprika to taste.

heat through for 5 minutes or so and add fresh basil

stir into cooked linguini and top with grated low fat cheese(hex a).
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.