Sausage Roll and Sandwich replacement??

I am off on a Sailing trip in a couple of weeks and having just started Slimming World again ( EE this time) I am desparate not to sabotage myself. What can I make to take with me to have for lunch ...bearing in mind its is usually taken standing up at the wheel so has to be hand held?
I have thought that a Frittata type thing with potatoes, tomatoes, asparagus and ham might work ...not sure what else though? Any suggestions gratefully recieved.

Trimmed bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich with hexb bread, cut in half? Low syn sausage wrapped in a wholemeal pitta...I'll try think of others :) x

Frittata sounds good! I also make ham and egg tarts which are similar and really easy to make! Line muffin tins with slices of lean ham. Add lots of chopped mushrooms, onion, peppers, tomatoes, etc. to the ham cases. Top up with a beaten egg and sprinkle with a HExA of grated cheese. Bake in the oven until set and golden brown. Can be eaten hot or cold!

Also, sandwiches don't have to be out of the question, you can still have them! Use either a small wholemeal roll or two small slices of wholemeal bread for your HExA and fill it with lots of salad and meat. My favourite is a chicken blt - pieces of chicken breast, grilled lean bacon, lettuce, tomato and 1tbsp of extra light mayo, all just for 1 Syn! Or ham and pease pudding, completely free!

What about savoury rice (provided you like it cold)? Make it before you leave and take it in a little lunch box - all you need is a spoon and your set to go! Plus, if you add lots of veggies (mushrooms, peppers, tomato, etc.) it makes it even more filling!

Take little packets of lean meats, i.e. slices of lean ham, chicken pieces, etc. Completely free and something to nibble on if you get peckish. Also vegetable crudites such as carrot sticks, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, etc. Again, all really good for nibbling. Pieces of fruit are also really handy, particularly apples, pears, oranges, etc.

Hope this helps somewhat, and hope you have a fantastic trip!

Slimming World Scotch Eggs!!

Long story short, make up some plain cous-cous with water as per instructions, hard boil some eggs, strip the skin from some low syn sausages, bash them about in a bowl with some beaten egg, coat the hard boiled eggs with them, roll them in the cous-cous, and bake them in the oven at about 200 for about 20-25 minutes until the cous-cous is browned. As low syn as the sausages you are using and filling and easy to handle.

Wow, thank you all so much, thats fantastic. I guess my trouble is that I use my hexb bread for breakfast with lots of trimmed grilled bacon, toms and poached eggs as it keeps me super full until lunchtime.
I am loving the scotch egg and sausage in pitta ideas, and the egg tarts but can I make them first and do they keep for a couple of days as we do not have sophisticated kit or oven on the boat?!
Just need to find low syn sausages and all will be fine. Any recomendations for nice ones?

and the egg tarts but can I make them first and do they keep for a couple of days as we do not have sophisticated kit or oven on the boat?

Definitely! Cook it beforehand and keep it in the fridge, it will last a couple of days when refrigerated :)

As far as supermarket low syn sausages go, the Be Good To Yourself Sainsburys ones are supposed to be very good (My DH says so anyway!) Cumberland are 1/2 a syn per sausage.

I have just found JOESSAUSAGES online and checked them with the online checker ...they all seem to be sin free ......can this be true, they look lovely, jsut about to place order? Anyone know of them ? I am desparate the make the scotch eggs as they are one of my very favourite things so if they work and are sin free I can see them being made very often.

Yes, joes is a well known syn free sausage maker. I would have suggested them yesterday but figured you were short of time and it's more cost effective to place a big order with them.

Thank you so much, I have placed an order as I have found another guy at work doing slimming world and I will put the rest in the freezer. Trip now begins next monday so I have time to make lots of Scotch eggs and Tortillas. Had a trial run at the weekend and the eggs were deeelish ....thanks again for your help.

If you follow the link below there are recipes for pasties, sausage rolls made with instant mash! Also scotch egg, pakoras, veg samosas & falafels.........
Pete

Back