Sausages

Let me know how you get on with the M&S sausages!

Bought some M&S Sausages yesterday and had them in a fry up for breakfast this morning and in a sandwich for lunch - they're absolutely gorgeous - even hubby prefers them to the Morrisons sausages we have been eating. Thank you so much for recommending them!:D

Syn Free Sausages and Burgers

I'm a newbie so hello everyone! I'm getting married in September and am frantically trying to lose weight - WW didnt work for me so I'm back to good old Slimming World. Unfortunately I can't get to a group until next week...I've got a fair bit of food to keep me going but just wondered if anybody knows of syn free sausages or burgers? I've had a look at Joes and will be placing an order but need some meat to keep me going in the meantime!! Thank you! Lisa x

I'm new too and on the sausage hunt!!
What are Joe ones?? Or is that someone on here and totally got wrong end of stick!!

The link to Joe's website is here:
Low Fat Sausages
Looks like he does a lot of syn free MEAT!! But from other postings it looks as if its quite expensive and there are delivery charges.

I've bought the Quorn sausages in the past but wasn't keen, but I have just bought some more to give them another try!!

I'll pop up to Morrisons and have a look - we've only got a small store and I bet they won't have any, but worth a try!

Morrisons Eat Smart Pork Sausages

Hi all,

I have read on here somewhere that Morrisons Eat Smart Pork Sausages are Syn Free.

Is this correct or am I going crazy?

x

Eat Smart Pork Sausages, 40% Less Fat, 16 pack, frozen, 57g each 3
Eat Smart Thick Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each ½
Eat Smart Cumberland Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each ½
Eat Smart, Pork Chipolata Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 10 pack, chilled, 40g each ½

No that's a red/EE day

Green:
Eat Smart Pork Sausages, 40% Less Fat, 16 pack, frozen, 57g each 6½
Eat Smart Thick Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each 3½
Eat Smart Cumberland Pork Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 8 pack, chilled, 57g each 4
Eat Smart, Pork Chipolata Sausages, 60% Less Fat, 10 pack, chilled, 40g each 2½

I've got my first order of Joes sausages coming tomorrow. You can buy them online but have to order eight packs minimum. They have a SW syn free certificate which expires this July and there has been a bit of debate about whether they will be syned after that. Another post on this site says that Joes have said they will not be changing their ingredients, so I assume they should still be syn free. Their sausages are all less than 3% fat and very high meat content, with a fair bit of variety. Check their site by searching Google :)

Bought some M&S Sausages yesterday and had them in a fry up for breakfast this morning and in a sandwich for lunch - they're absolutely gorgeous - even hubby prefers them to the Morrisons sausages we have been eating. Thank you so much for recommending them!:D

Ah glad you like them! No problem :)

soau how i remember it is...

RED meat (as lean meat and fish is promoted)
GREEN vegetable (as veg and pulses are promoted)

and that the healthy extras are opposite - so on a red day pulses and starchy veg are HEBs and on a green day lean meat and fish are HEBs.

Soooo on red days green day items are higher in syns and on a green day red day items are higher in syns

Clear as mud, eh?

Red as in red stuff (meat) is Free - therefore your HEX will be stuff that is NOT meat, ie stuff that is free on a Green day

Green as in green stuff - veg(etarian) - ie pulses, pasta, potatoes etc - therefore your HEX will be stuff that is NOT this, ie stuff that is free on a Red day

(Most) Fruit and veg are superfree on both. Simples.

You'll get used to it, it's pretty simple really, only a few exceptions :)

Tesco Finest Chorizo Pork Sausages

Could someone be a sweetheart and look these up online for me? OH has brought them home from the whoopsie section!

Thanks in advance! x

It's not in the database, can you post the nutrition info/size?

I saw those in Sainsbury's earlier - they looked delicious - might try them another day (I find the meat free ones very dry so would rather do without)

No, meat will ALWAYS be more on a Green day because it is not free. Red days for meat, green days for non-meat.

I can't find it in the database but I'd expect it to be 2.5 syns if it's 55 cals. There is no free food in it so 1 syn per 20 cals.

Back