sausages

twinmum05

Hi there peeps

My local butcher makes fat free sausages and i was wondering of they would be ok to have?

Thanks!

Pork isn't in the list of meats you can eat - aside from fat reduced bacon... on my list.... am guessing it's a no-no

thought we wernt allowed bacon or pork at all? and no sausages are a no no and im gutted :(

sausages not only have pork in them but some form of "breadcrumb" too... so DEFINITELY a no no...

I love my other half's homemade ones... we made 20lb last week actually! (I'd never buy supermarket ones... I now know far too much about them!!)

They were my treat meal each Wednesday in front of the Thursday PP in Conso!

For those sausage-deprived among you, I found last week that we are allowed the low-fat Frankfurters by Herta made from Chicken:
Herta Chicken Frankfurters (10 per pack - 350g)
However, they are a special 'permitted' item and you can only have 100 gr a day, and then no other 'permitted' items in addition. Have a look at the 'Sausages & Mackerel' discussion last week.
I have a packet in the fridge for emergencies but not opened them yet....

Where did you hear that Anja? (given that the FAT composition of those "things" exceeds the protein)

Hi,

I got that from the Dukanaute web site (in French) the list of allowed foods is here:
Tous les aliments Dukan autorisés, interdits, tolérés et les adjuvants pour cuisiner

Halfway down the list you find:
"Saucisse Knacki de volaille" which is the french marketing name for the Herta Chicken Frankfurter - I have checked and double-checked that on the Herta site.

As I said before they are classified as 'tolerated' foods, you're only allowed two doses a day, and generally I choose to steer clear, but occasionally I'll use a bit of cournflour for a white sauce or, as today, I'll have a sausage to make life more interesting.

over to you Jo :D

OK... I've checked and you're right.

It's an addition by the doctor on the tolerated list dated November 2009. (Talk about "playing to the crowd!").

It's certainly not in the book, if you look at the composition, it goes against everything he says, and so I consider it total b*ll for him to add this sort of synthetic low protein product...

I dreamt about these last night, but my BF had bought the wrong ones LMFAO!

nightmare day... where everything I touch goes wrong... haaa!

Back