Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Saving Syns up or using them daily?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by cara78, 11 November 2009 Social URL.

1. cara78

cara78 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All, I hope you are all well and your weight loss is flying! I joined slimming world on the 1st of September and got my 2 stone award last night! yay! Anyway,,, I recently reduced my syns from 15 to 10 per day.... now I normally use my syns on a daily basis. But a couple of people have told me that the diet will work just as well if I just have 70 syns a week still but not necessarily every day... for example I could save them up for the weekend. I got very excited by this and ran it past my consultant - she said that it was fine "if it works for me". I'm going to start doing this as I rarely need to 'syn' in the week (although I do tend to have 10 everyday) and would be so much happier if I could just have a couple more drinks on the weekend than I'm currenlty having. Now do any of you do this? does it work? I'd be really grateful for anyone's advice as I'm a little nervous about changing what I'm doing!!! Although I need to do this for life and if saving the syns up works then I know I'll have cracked it!!!!!!! thanks guys xx

Last edited: 11 November 2009
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MissShiraz

MissShiraz Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    First of all WELL DONE on your fantastic weightloss! :D

I save my syns sometimes for the weekend and it's never affected me. However it's not always the case with everyone.

All i can say is try it!

I'm not a syner during the week either, i tend to have syn free meals and if i do fancy anything i'll have a pack of skips which is only 4.5 , so that gives me a few extra for the weekend!

Good luck with the rest of your Journey! :D

4. cara78

cara78 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    thank you and well done on yours! Yes I guess this is the key isn't it - give it a try - I just really hope it works!!! xx

5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree, you wont know until you try Hun, so give it a go.
    Im one of the people that it doesnt work for, so have my syns daily. I dont feel that Im missiing out on anything though as I still have a curry on an EE day!!

6. cara78

cara78 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    thanks Mrs V - and well done on you're amazing weight loss!!! Just out of interest, on the occasions you did try saving your syns up was the result a gain? or did you stay the same??

C x

Ps - I am now thinking about curry! Yum! :)

7. Lindyxx

Lindyxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have saved my syns up every week since I started SW, as I usually go out at the weekends, sometimes one night, sometimes 2.I do EE so its better for eating out, and I always choose the healthy options now. My consultant as advised us not to do this, but its working for me and I have had a loss every week:) but like others have said what works for one may not work for another, so all u can do is try it....good luck!!!

8. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I usually save about 2 days worth of syns.. sometimes 3 if I am having a night out. (Including the day I'm going out) I can't cope not using any longer than that haha.

9. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did half and half last week - had between 5-10 syns per day in the week and then 25-30 each day at the weekend. I'll let you know if it worked as I weigh in on Fridays

10. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I save up my syns and use them at the weekend and on Wednesday after WI xx

11. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I never save up syns, never have. I use mine each day and although I don't always use them all I never save them up.
    It's each to their own and as the others have said, give it a try and see if it works. Depending on how close your weekend is to WI day though it may cause a difference to your result for the first week - just a thought.

Oh, and how come you have reduced your syns down to 10?

12. fit&forty

fit&forty Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    HI
    Wow, well done on your amazing weight loss.
    I saved my syns last week and only had a weight loss of 1lb. I know it was a loss but I was a bit disappointed. It was only my 2nd weigh in but its 5lb in total.
    Personally, I probably wont save my sins again.
    Am loving the plan though, I cant believe how much I am eating.
    Let us know how you get on with your syns.
    x

13. ilovelife

ilovelife Wishing and hoping!

depends generally i have 15 a day, if i f**k up then i subtract them - then I feel more in control and less inclined to binge!
    special occassions I just save them :)

14. cara78

cara78 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    hi again! Sorry for the delayed reply! I haven't quite mastered the art of using this site yet!!! Basically I had a gain week and was suprised as I'd been on plan 100% and had been 15 syns each day as per usual. I suspect now that the gain may have been due to T.O.T.M but I was diappointed so showed my consultant my food diary and she said now i'd lost a fair amount of weight I needed to reduce the syns. Just to give you an idea i'm 5ft 9 and was 15 stone one (and a half!) when I started on the first of September... I'm now 12 stone 13 - since I reduced to ten its been coming off at about 3 pound a week! Makes me wondei f I really needed to?! C x

15. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    I know the plan says between 5 and 15 a day but my leader said 10 when I started. What were others told and how did you decide when to change to a different number?

I also was told to try it over a weekly figure of 70 and count down so have been doing this but at the meeting last night we were talking about weekly or daily syns and I discovered everyone else is doing daily syns.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.