Saving syns

PennyJane

I was just wondering if we should use all our syns or if what I am doing is OK.

For example, most days I am using only 6 syns, sometimes more, sometimes less. Which means that I have 9 left over from the day.

If I am able to save them, that means that I can have 35 extra syns for the weekend. Though I try not to use them.

Some people do this and it works very well for them, we are told that we should eat all our syns every day - but sometimes it is nigh on impossible......so I'm sure it would be alright to save a few for the weekend. X

we have been told, if you dont eat your sins then, just forget about them.

you should not carry them over.

anywonder we get confused, different consultants have different ideas :rolleyes:

Two schools of thought on this one..... some start with 105 syns for the week and work downwards, usually using a lot more on the weekend.
Some have 15 a day and that's it. No saving up.

SW did away with the 105 syns a week thing as this was perceived to encourage bingeing, this is when flexi syn days were introduced. However, some consultants still say this is okay.

TBH, it's up to you. Personally, if I only use 5 of my 15 syns then I think it's a bit of extra weight loss in the bank (doesn't always work like that though!) and I don't do the saving up thing at all.

anywonder we get confused, different consultants have different ideas :rolleyes:

If in doubt, consult your book (if it's current!). It doesn't say anything in there about saving syns up. I think it depends how long your consultant has been around and how much she "allows" in her group, but the book is gospel!

I start my week with 70 syns and work downwards. Most days I sit around the 5-8 mark and at the weekend between 10-15. Over the week I generally use around 65 so slightly less than my allowance although this week if I continue with my meal plan I will only have used 55 so think i might need to syn for a cereal bar tomorrow and Wednesday to bring it up a bit.

Just to add to what has already been said but i suppose it will also depend on when your weigh-in is. I could see how saving your syns for the weekend and then having a blow out could show on the scales if you have a weigh in on Monday. I say find out what works for you and as long as you continue to lose weight then go for it!

Although I have more syns at the weekend I don't have a blow out. I tend to make a 'fake chinese' and use my syns for Chinese style curry sauce, I had a tub of ben and Jerry's mango berry swirl over the weekend and it has 15 syns for the full tub and on Sunday I did a roast dinner so synned for gravy and yorkshire pudding.

It works for me and stops me from feeling deprived.

Although I have more syns at the weekend I don't have a blow out. I tend to make a 'fake chinese' and use my syns for Chinese style curry sauce, I had a tub of ben and Jerry's mango berry swirl over the weekend and it has 15 syns for the full tub and on Sunday I did a roast dinner so synned for gravy and yorkshire pudding.

It works for me and stops me from feeling deprived.

I suppose what your doing there is just adapting you favourites to SW friendly. thats why food optimising is great you can still have everything you like.

i used to do the 70 syns and downwards but nwo stick to 10 syns a day there and thereabouts and if i have to have a flexi day i have a flexi day

I save my syns for the weekend otherwise I would just end up having 10 syns a day PLUS a flexi day each week and then I'd be waaayy over my syn limit but still syn-bingeing on one particular day. If I save them I still only have 70 a week ... and there's that much choice on SW that I don't feel deprived in the week!

Jo x

Back