Extra Easy Saving Syns

I always use 5 a day and then count down from 70 as and when as I too like a glass of wine (or 2!!) at the weekend.

I think I'm going to try to stay within the syn bracket daily now and learn to cope. The best thing for me to do is calculate the syns first if necessary and then make up the rest with free foods. There are some social occasions that will just be written off as too difficult and hope they don't come round too often.

I'm interested to know what the thinking is about saving syns within a week. I can stay under 5 syns during weekdays but like a glass of wine or two from Friday- Sunday and this can add up very quickly.

Well I'm going to try counting down from 105 this week and try to restrict syns where possible. There are days when it should be possible and other's where I would feel deprived if I tried to stay within the daily syns limit. I feels like too much indulgance to go over the weekly limit unless I was on holiday or someting. I think there are enough choice of free food not to feel deprived on an ordinary day as long as I plan properly and have the food ready at hand.

Without wanting to sound sharp, which isn't easy when writing down what you want to say as the tone is missing. But, why the change from your original post where you want to have a few glasses of wine at the weekend to restricting syns. If you start to deprive yourself which if we go from your first post (you like a few glasses of wine) you're not going to stick at SW.

I'd say give both a go (daily & weekly syns), you can either count down from 105 & have more than 15 syns Fri & Sat and try just having max 15 syns per day, a large glass of wine is 6.5 syns will 2 glasses of wine keep you happy on a Friday & Saturday night?

You could count down from 105 syns on a Friday so if you have say 60 syns over the weeknd it leaves you with 45 syns left Mon-Thurs.

Happy Holidays I think I'm a bit confused at myself at the moment, you are right to be sharp with me. Perhaps I easily allow myself to stay off track once I start so would it be better for me to try to stay in syn value with the occasional binge on those social occasions when I don't want to miserable amongst others and not worry about saving/counting them for that day only. From some posts I can see a routine reason and an organised way of using saved syns and I can see why this works for them. I think my original post was me trying to find a way to work things out. I am lazy and always looking for an easy/better way to have things my way and still lose weight.. I am still experimenting in a way. I'm interested in what does / doesn't work for others. Thank you for your suggestions, it's good to get help and advice.

Yes and for me disillusionment is my enemy. I can and have lost weight but I must find a way to keep it off and still have my lifestyle. That means I must learn to get back on track immediately if I have strayed.

The only reason I was able to work out how much I drank was because I had 75cl bottle to myself so worked that out and then took 30£ out and it was 3£ for a double so I worked out that meant I had 10 doubles there. I know its awful and I may be a few syns out but either way it was awful! haha
Either way this week I stuck to it and have been completely tee total! woo! :D

Im quite lucky and seem to be able to get a way with it! I will be completely honest I am a big drinker, love a good blow out on a weekend! This never seemed to affect my losses at all, as I stored my syns! My weakness now is now that my work patterns have changed so much now I now have most nights free so due to this I want to drink more often! I think I need a pet project too keep me occupied! Any one need anything doing haha!

Ok Happy Holidays I have an answer for you (or at least this week lol). I lost weight this week despite going off the rails significantly. My conclusion to this 'trial' is that I must stay within syns on a daily basis wherever possible, if I go over I must make them up straight away however many days that takes.

Question - does anyone know if there are any 'rules' about having extra syns for exercise?

Ok thanks, I was thinking of WW when I asked the question and thought SW might have something similar

Last edited:
Back