Saving up syns - help

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
I just read the SW faq sticky, and obviously found out that rolling over syns is not recommended. My group leader always told us we could save them up. One of the reasons I left the class was because of misinformation like this! As I was told to have 20 syns a day I usually end up having about 80 syns to use after a few days, so I tend to start fresh every Monday or after a "treat" such as drinks or a meal out somewhere.

I'm thinking about changing this to allow 15 a day and not save them up, unless I have something planned (xmas lunch / xmas night out). I was just wondering if anyone else saves their syns, or if anyone used to then changed to not rolling them over, if it improved their weight loss? I would say I'm losing 2lbs a week on average just now, would like to think I can improve that to 3lbs a week!

Thanks guys

If your losing 2lbs a week with what youre doing Id say stick with it. Thats a great loss to have every week!

Dropping your Syns wont necessarily impact on your weight loss... 3lbs a week is quite high for SW losses, youd be better concentrating on losing 2 and if you DO lose any more its a bonus :)

hello! Our consultant recommends 10-15 syns a day to allow for errors!! I tend to have less syns in the week and a few more at weekends and average 90 syns a week, sometimes a few more! It's what works best for you really, but 20 a day sounds a bit too many.

Try cutting back to 10-15 a day and see how you get on.

I think it's ok to save a few for the weekend, i always have and have lost nearly 5 stone since March. Good luck, I'm sure some others will help out with advice.

I think it depends on a number of things. Are you strong willed enough to have a syn splurge at the weekend and then get right back on plan come Monday? Or would it be a slippery slope to going completely off track? When is your weigh in? It may not be a great idea to bust your gut on the sunday if weigh in is Monday. But as said, you're already losing really well at 2lb a week, althugh this will likely decrease at some point. So why change what is so obvisouly working for you ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone. I always thought 20 was too many, a girl in my class had lost 5 stone just as I had joined and on my first weigh in she asked the leader when to drop her syns as she was still on 20 a day.. so I know weight can be lost even on higher syns it just seems a lot. I can usually get right back onto the plan after a splurge, I've written off 10's of syns at the start of a new week and been fine. I weigh myself every Tuesday. I'm going to stick to what I'm doing for the rest of the week (drinking all of my syns tonight - it's the weekend afterall:eek:) and then from Tuesday I'm going down to 15 a day and still roll them over if I have any left and see how I get on!

I was told to have up to 20 syns a day too, as Ihave a lot of weight to lose. I do occasionally use mor ethan 15, but I dotn quite go as far as 20.

After every WI I start with 105 syns & have anywhere between 60-80 on a Saturday night & then use the rest during the week, usually on a small (100ml) glass of red wine:p I find I'm losing the weight very slowly but I don't mind at least it's coming off & I'm almost at my goal now so I do feel better within myself.

Just do what you feel better with & what suits you.

I'm a little confused your alowed 10 to 15 syns ladies used to have only 10. 20 is naughty advice. Well done with sticking with it settle with the 10 to 15 and try not to save up to many as you need them to keep it interesting and keep your bod working effectively in burning the syns.

Phil x

Thanks Phil. I started fresh yesterday and stuck to 15 syns for the day. Felt a bit scary tbh, so used to having a lot of syns to play with. Hopefully will see a wee difference in my weight loss next week.

i only joined last week and had my first weigh in this week i was told between 5 and 15 syns but only if you really need them.

Only if you need them?????!!!! We're encouraged to have our syns everyday and to use them for treats or for your meals!!! I cant imagine a life without syns! Not for me i'm afraid I'm a 15syns a day kinda girl :) xx

Yeah, you're *supposed* to have your syns - it's not 'if you need them'!

I started my SW journey at 22stones and 7lbs and at no point have ever been told to have 20 syns a week!

I tend to have a few a day but mostly they get used up on a weekend on wine and maybe a little treat.

im gonna try to stick with 5 a day as on fridays i always sit down with the hubby and kids watch a film and have a few vodkas and nibbles lol

My understanding is you should have minimum of 5 syns per day, every day, and a maximum of 15.

However, if I have anything coming up where I think I will need more syns (had a couple recently - 40th birthday party, dinner and dance, 21st birthday party) I tend to stick to the minimum more or less and have only 5/6 syns per day, and save up the others for the evening in question.

I don't think this encourages binge eating or drinking as I still choose the healthier options while I am out and do not overeat or drink, but it does gives me an allowance as you never know what exactly is in the food you are having (sauces in particular), and it just enables you to relax and enjoy the night without worrying about what you are eating, as well as keeping you safe in the knowledge you have kept to plan.

That works for me, and of course I would recommend it to anyone else, but ultimately whatever works for you is great!!

Best of luck

of subject but im trying to get my ticker to work but can put it up clicked on insert image and entered html but it wont work any ideas

I try to save as many syns as possible for the weekend for my Saturday night out. However I write everything down and it's surprising how quickly your syn usage builds up. How many people have had the odd sweet or crisp and not synned it, that ketchup on your dinner or a couple of chips from your childs plate? You can easily go over your syns without even realising it.

think i have done it now

Back