saving up syns?

Jennifer

does anyone else save up syns anymore? when i used to go the slimming world in 04 everyone used to do it but obviously that was quite a few years ago, since i restarted the diet i do it sometimes but after im always scared cos it feels like iv been really bad even though i have saved up for it lol. like this week i saved up so i could go out for a few drinks (i tend to stick to bacardi and diet coke cos its only 2.5 a glass!) and a few slices of pizza but now i am all omg omg omg :p does anyone else get like that?

I sometimes save them up or if I've been less than good at the weekend I make sure I don't syn that much Monday-Wednesday.

At the moment I'm feeling the 'dread' as I've had fish and chips (from the chippy!), a bar of dairy milk and a whole easter egg! I've counted the syns but I'm still thinking OMG OMG OMG!

I never feel bad for 'banking' syns. I think it's all a part of learning how to eat (and live) 'normally'. I think that most normal size people, if they have a blowout, then cut down for a few days before or afterwards to compensate for it which is what you're doing when you save your syns. If anything, I feel a sense of relief if I've saved up my syns because I know I've stayed in control and can go to weigh in feeling confident that I'll still have lost.

I sometimes save them up or if I've been less than good at the weekend I make sure I don't syn that much Monday-Wednesday.

At the moment I'm feeling the 'dread' as I've had fish and chips (from the chippy!), a bar of dairy milk and a whole easter egg! I've counted the syns but I'm still thinking OMG OMG OMG!

arrgh omg i hate when that happens! all you can do is get back on track but if u counted syns and ur in your limits then your being just like me lol

I never feel bad for 'banking' syns. I think it's all a part of learning how to eat (and live) 'normally'. I think that most normal size people, if they have a blowout, then cut down for a few days before or afterwards to compensate for it which is what you're doing when you save your syns. If anything, I feel a sense of relief if I've saved up my syns because I know I've stayed in control and can go to weigh in feeling confident that I'll still have lost.

thats true! im sure i wont have put on i didnt even use as many as i saved i wish i didnt feel so guilty about it tho lol

I don't bank them but if I have an unplanned blow out then I will cut right back for the next few days to make up for it.
Agree with Stacey, it's all part of "normal" eating and living!

Brill advice!!!

Oh this was what I was wondering as I am new to it so found this thread very helpful. I did not use much syns this week and was not sure if I could save them for say a weekend when I was likely to need them for wine :)

I will have to bank lots as its hubbys 40th party on 28th so I am doing a buffet and there will be lots of drink involved lol.

I will have to bank lots as its hubbys 40th party on 28th so I am doing a buffet and there will be lots of drink involved lol.

lol well be careful not to be tricked by some so called healthy LOOKING things they are sometimes more than the normal kind!

Just be careful though. Although the old way of doing it was to get 105 a week and use them as you wish, now they suggest a more even spread because some (only a few!) people weren't losing by banking. So now, if you do bank, some consultants will say that SW won't endorse that (not that they'll kick you out but they don't support it any more!)

My consultant has been doing it for about 7 years and is happy for us to bank as long as it works for us. She suggests trying it, because it's a more 'normal' way of eating (although I think that totally depends on your lifestyle) but if you're one of the unlucky ones it doesn't work for, then you'll have to go back to eating 10-15 a day.

:)

I know a couple of people that don't bother with syns during the week then on a sat night have all their syns for a take away and some wine and chocolate etc.

My swc said that we shouldn't do this as sw wasn't designed this way, however i do it and some of my friends at class do it too.

Just be careful though. Although the old way of doing it was to get 105 a week and use them as you wish, now they suggest a more even spread because some (only a few!) people weren't losing by banking. So now, if you do bank, some consultants will say that SW won't endorse that (not that they'll kick you out but they don't support it any more!)

My consultant has been doing it for about 7 years and is happy for us to bank as long as it works for us. She suggests trying it, because it's a more 'normal' way of eating (although I think that totally depends on your lifestyle) but if you're one of the unlucky ones it doesn't work for, then you'll have to go back to eating 10-15 a day.

:)

105 :eek: lol wow i cant eat my ten a day and lose weigh i can only have like 5 a day so when i save up my syns a do it for the most 50 as even when i spread them out equally everyday i cant have more than that in a week if i want to lose, blargh!

Back