Savory Drinks

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by tommee2004, 25 March 2007 Social URL.

1. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life
    Does anybody here like the savory drinks?
    Just curious :)

not tried them myself...
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Lighterlifer

Lighterlifer turned Weight Watcher!!!

Weight Watchers!
    I know! I really want to know to?? xx
  4. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

Yeah I think they are quite nice for a change, a bit like veg oxo cubes but more watery, not bad, not had any for a while though....
  5. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

I had my first one today - it's a bit like a vegetable stock cube in hot water, it was nice though. Doesn't say on them how many calories are in them though.

6. I bought a box on my very first week and found them quite disgusting. I got more of a salty flavour that anything with a recognisable flavour.

7. Smileyhope

Smileyhope Member

I like them. I usually have one every evening with chicken crisps.
  8. Joolz

Joolz Nomad staying slim

Lighter Life
    I think they are a good addition - if you want something savoury and hot.

Top tip though - loads of LLers (including me) don't buy the LL savoury drinks and instead buy Marigold Bouillon from the supermarket. It is in a tub costs about £1.49 (so much cheaper than LL equivalent) and is stocked with the gravy powder and stock cubes. It is just the same and no-one I know who uses it says it knocks them out of ketosis if you stick to one or two teaspoons a day in a mug of hot water. Helped get me through months of LL when I wanted something hot and savoury which was not a pack/tea/coffee.
  9. AngieBabie

AngieBabie Silver Member

Lighter Life/Cambridge
    My one box of savoury drinks has lasted me 8 weeks, I just use them if I am really desperate. Sometimes I can stomach them, sometimes they make me go green , its not that they are disgusting or anything (its just my taste changes from week to week), I can't even stomach the soups at the moment. Never mind, its all working out just great! Angela x
  10. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

I use them (moved to marigold now) to add to my soup- a sachet in a soup can really liven it up, and helps take away some of the powdery taste the soups can have.
  11. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life
  12. AngieBabie

AngieBabie Silver Member

Lighter Life/Cambridge
    £6 and you get 14 per box. You are only allowed 2 per day though. Give 'em a try Tommee, they may be life-savers for you. Angela x
  13. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life
    Hmmmm, suppose they're worth a try. Something different i suppose.

I never liked to nut crunch bar, but now i'm addicted and have 7 a week! lol
  14. pokerstar

pokerstar Full Member

Cambridge diet
    I love the savoury drinks - don't like food packs tho lol!
    The savoury drinks taste like a 10 calorie chicken soup you used to be able to buy at morrisons.
    Will have to look into marigold.

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.