Savoury Drink

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Juliakno, 1 June 2007 Social URL.

1. Juliakno

Juliakno Taking it Day by Day

Diet:
    Cambridge
    At my last meeting I bought myself a pack of savoury drink powder, as I am a bit of a savoury person. I was a bit shocked that compared to the water flavourings there was actually rather little powder there, just enough for 14 portions! Now I wonder, after comparing the ingredients with some stock powder (I think it's Mariegold) I had left in my cupboard, whether the savoury drink it's worth its money or whether I could just have a drink or two of my normal stock powder without upsetting my weight loss, as the ingredients seem to be pretty much the same. Has anyone tried this? And also, does anyone know why we are we only allowed 2 savoury drinks per day? Is it because of the salt in it? (MY LLC didn't acutally know :confused:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have been using Marigold instead and it does not seem to have had any negative effect- I think the savoury sachets are a rip off! Just watch your salt intake as Marigold is very salty

4. Wicked Witch

Wicked Witch Full Member

I have the Marigold Powder and I don't think it has effected my losses. I only have about 1 a day though. I think they do a low salt version as well, if you are worried about that.

5. Juliakno

Juliakno Taking it Day by Day

Diet:
    Cambridge
    After I bought it, I too felt that it was a bit of a rip-off. Thanks for reassuring me, I will use the mariegold from now on but probably like you will try not to have more than one a day.

6. Sammy2

Sammy2 Full Member

How much is the savoury drink at LL?

7. Hiddenfishcake

Hiddenfishcake Full Member

I think it's £6 for a box of 14.

I too use the Marigold, and don't have more than one a day, if that.

8. soontobeslim

soontobeslim Member

been reading this thread and am on week 5 of LL bought the savory drink to fill a gap once in a while - where can i buy this mariegold ???

9. Hiddenfishcake

Hiddenfishcake Full Member

Marigold vegetable boullion powder, available at any supermarket, quite often near the gravy things.

10. soontobeslim

soontobeslim Member

cheers fot that will get some tonight xx

11. 10stonesize10

10stonesize10 Member

I think its a good thing to stay LL
    going off that can lead to having another something , and before you know it.......
    Its just what I think.

12. tenney73

tenney73 Full Member

Diet:
    lighter life. In the past have tried everything from weightwatchers to rosemary conley
    The savoury powder I bought from asda had allready lasted me 3 weeks and and it cost £1.35. I can't justify paying £6 for only 14 drinks when the supermarket powder works just as well and hasn't affected my weight loss at all.

13. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi, I use Marigold too, but only have it occasionally, usually a cup with a poppadom for supper. Not every day though.

I do think the LL stuff is a rip off as its not part of the diet (optional) and is very very expensive. (So is the fruit flavour too, but I do buy those as I need the fibre, so have no choice!)

14. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    Have the water flavourings got fibre in Sez?

15. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    I think so. Certainly have inulin, which is supposed to help you"go".

16. dh21abc

dh21abc Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi i'm on Exante and the forums there and the sticky on drinks has a list of all drinks allowed - those with malic acid. quite a long list so take a look.

Also the marigold bouillon is very popular they now do a low salt version too.

Hope that helps.:)

17. nzmegs

nzmegs Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(13.32%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    LL
    If you buy the vegan Marigold at Holland and Barrett it has a lower carb content and a lower salt content. I also refuse to spend £6 on a weeks worth of this stuff. Having said that I restrict myself to one of these drinks about every two or three day as i worry about fluid retention due to extra salt.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. weasey

weasey Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st1lb(36.67%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Exercise and calorie control (previously Slim and Save / Lighter Life)
    I use the vagan one too. I actually prefer e taste of e LL one - probably because I love savoury stuff and I like e salt! However, £6 is very expensive and I like the marigold enough and it lasts forever for only about £2. I also add it to some of the foodpacks. Only a max of 2 teaspoons a day though.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.