Extra Easy Savoury snacks

becky21

Hi

I'm new to this site and was looking at all the fabulous ideas already posted. I found a lot of ideas for sweet snacks, but I don't have much of a sweet tooth. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for savoury snacks. I apologise if there is already a thread relating to this topic, but I could not find it.

Thanks,
Becky

Spicy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
about 2 cups
1 15 ounce can organic chickpeas
Fry Light
1 tablespoon chunky sea salt
2 teaspoons spice like garam masala
Heat the oven 400°F. Pour the chickpeas into a colander and drain and rinse very well under running water. Pat dry.
Spray the peas with Fry Light and spread out on a large cookie sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until brown and crispy. Turn and stir every ten minutes so they don't burn.
Take out and toss to taste with salt and spices.

19175_315471408394_700618394_3514587_6023356_s.jpg
I make these scotch eggs ,they are yummy, Asda Reduced Fat Sausage (1syn) wrapped around a hard boiled egg (superfree)covered in Paxo Golden breadcrumbs (5 syns per 28g which covers 3 eggs so 1.66 syns each,counted as 2 syns though).
Whole Scotch Egg = less than 3 syns :)
20643_327421133394_700618394_3557959_6174550_s.jpg

I also love prawn cocktail on a red day , I use 2 tbsp of light salad cream (1 syn per tbsp) with a tiny smidgen of tom puree for the colour (0.5).
To replace crisps I like cold pasta twists with some salt and pepper on them ,whack them in a sandwich bag,sounds gross but is really nicefor snacking on.
Welcome to the site :)
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=232076194506&ref=ts#

i love roasted parsnips with spray light on them, or if i have potato left over i slice it and fry it on pan for a few min with spray light, and its free, though if i had syns left i put butter on it :(

I make a couscous cake (several recipes in recipe section) replacing mullerlight with fat free yogurt, ad adding chopped onions mushrooms & tomatoes which I fried in fry light, and salt & pepper. Free on EE.
SW quiche
Microwave potato crisps

Tinned mackerel is one of my faves! I know of people who use it as a filling for a baked potato, so if you're into that sort of thing there's another idea? Personally I just eat it right out of the tin. I think the curry ones/mustard ones have syns.. no access to SW online so can't confirm sorry! It's probably about 3 or 4 syns a tin. The rich tomato sauce ones are free! :D

Remember your first choice with any snacking on EE should be superfree, so some superfree thoughts before you go straight for free stuff

Homemade houmous or tsatiki with superfree chopped veg sticks (carrots, baby sweetcorn, peppers, celery, mange tout)- dips aren't superfree but the dippers are

Superfree butternut sqash chips (same as normal SW chips but sqash is superfree)

Superfree soup- like roasted pepper and sqash, or chunky tomato and veg

xx

Mug shots-so handy when ur in a hurry and peckish or you could make SW crisps xx

Back