Say something about youself!

I used to be an avid BMX'er and got to the local skateparks / dirt jumps every weekend (which I am hoping to start up again soon!)

Pete you really are starting to freak me out now!! In my much younger years when I was all fit and even crazier I used to do a lot of BMX-ing. Even won a few trophies!! Such a rush, isn't it. Maybe soon I'll have to get back in the saddle so to speak!

I love music too - yawn, how unoriginal - I used to run a promotion/management business for emerging artists and wrote gig reviews for a couple of ezines. I play piano, guitar and sing... but not as much as I should and never in front of anyone - too shy!

I know that feeling Anna. I have been asked to sing for a couple of bands now. Because people who know me constantly tell me I should be doing it professionally. But I just don't have the balls to get up on a stage in front of people and do it!!

B x

I am a qualified Home Economist - Learned how to develop recipes, prepare food for photography, adverts, books etc, gibve cookery demonstrations. Used to make up new recipes for Marks & Spencer among others.
Had my own restaurant. Know a lot about nutrition, healthy eating etc.
STILL became obese. Love food -smells,textures, colours,as well as taste. Enjoy experimenting with ideas.
Have travelled to many parts of the world
and love the experience.
Enjoy entertaining, gardening, making soft furnishings, sewing, crochet, knitting ,decorating etc.
I am creative, good with colours and arranging things, but I can't draw at all.
I love music especially acoustic guitar with male voice, folky, blues ragtime type stuff with a bit of country thrown in.
Used to go to folk clubs in the 60s, still like that intimate atmosphere now.
and I don't watch the TV which people find really strange...........................

Sure thing. We could start a "stitch and ***** group", something I picked up from a group of Texan oil wives in Mallorca.
Great fun. Actually I have a good idea to discuss with you.I've been hatching it for a while.:cool:

This one will make you all have a giggle.... I was classed as a "special" child growing up, as in "gifted and talented" extra classes. Mainly because (snap Pete) I have an eidetic (well when tested it was 97%!) memory. I was expected to be put into a programme to take a levels by the age of 12 (it was decided this wouldn't happen so I could be "normal" - HA now I have none!)

I am actaully left-handed but due to my brother having problems at school I was "trained" to predominately use my right.

I was thought to have Aspergers Syndrome but ended up being "Dyspraxic." Also known as clumsy child syndorme. You may notice I leave random words out, or miss one or two letters - Blame that!

I wish I had done my A-Level because I find picking up information ridiculously easy. I wish I had so I could become a counsellor.

EDIT - IF YOU WANT A LAUGH... I once dressed in a full "tiger" costume (as in like tigger ut from Paradise Wildlife Park) to wander around Trafalger Square in London. It was for a WWF charity event which my mum helped out with organising - I even met Charles Kennedy in it!

Emveg, never too late to do an a level or two again, and then train to become a counsellor! I know people on my course in their forties and fifties, of course I don't know how old you are but I'd say never too late!

Oh... it does sound bizarre saying it's too late as I am only 19! Just can't do them right now due to some things going on at the moment....but I intend to do it at some point in the future. Just wish I'd done it straight off the back.

I decided not to do A levels, because I hated being at "school" and with the bullies. Plus, I found it easy and wanted something to do something different that might challenge me!

I can understand that. People in my school were nasty too, up til 6th form when they suddenly seemed to get nicer! Can understand why you wouldn't want to go back.

And.. don't know if it's PC to say this but it's quite nice to see someone of similar age on here, all the ladies in my group are absolutely lovely and I have no problem with it at all, but of a different age group. I'm 22 by the way (23 in March aah!)

I tend to not tell people my age - as there reactions towards me change. Most people expect me to say 24/25 when they ask so mostly a shocked response!

But yes, it is nice to have a fellow young 'un.

And totally get what you mean about everyone changing at sixth form. One person that had relentlessly bullied me since I was 10 started crying and hugging me after I decided to leave a few months in.

The one and only time I've done something "wrong" in my life was tip a glass of water over her as I left. *sigh* I felt guilty after but it was worth it at the time!

off topic slightly but Purple Butterfly, i understand what you mean about LL meetings all the ladies are so so lovely but i'm only 20 (21 this year!!) but i feel like such a little 'un!! :) i love them all tho they're so supportive xx

you actually look much younger BL, no wonder people are shocked, still i picture you as a madonna type figure minus the bonkers part. :)

you actually look much younger BL, no wonder people are shocked, still i picture you as a madonna type figure minus the bonkers part. :)

:eek:You sayin I don;t got bonkers!!?? :D:giggle:

Thanks H. I have never been compared to Madonna before!! Either of them. :D :D

Is younger than me and enjoying re-discovering the fun things in life like
short skirts, s.x, exercise,light heartedness.
Enjoying life. Just needs a good job now.
Hope it comes soon.

You can tell i'm getting old..........................

I thought I was on the "say something about the person above you" thread !!!
Sorry, Still mean it though BL.
Must go. Got so much to do today..............
BYE.:wave_cry:

Little about me:

I am currently training as an NVQ Assessor for a private company visiting learners & working with them through their NVQ (I cover the following NVQ's - Team Leading, Business Administration, Customer Service, Call Centre's, ITQ & Management).

I am also doing an NVQ myself at the local college, in Hairdressing. I have approx 6 months left (just my assessments to do.....)

I have 3 little girls aged Izzy (just had her birthday) 9, Abi - 7 & Maddy - 5 next month, plus 2 dogs.

I love learning new things & passing the learning on (hence the NVQ job - my next course is a Learning & Development course which will give me a cert to teach in the lifelong learning sector (CTTLLS) - adults basically!)

I like to be mentally busy - I have to mess with things & challenge myself :D

I thought I was on the "say something about the person above you" thread !!!
Sorry, Still mean it though BL.
Must go. Got so much to do today..............
BYE.:wave_cry:

hahaha you nutter!!! I still love ya! Thanks for the kind comments!! :) :)

Silly moo you! :D :D

See you soon!!

XX

Back