Sbridge7 steps up the plans and to maintenance :) I'm below goal!!!

Thanks so much Laura, I've been constipated so I'm going to take something to help me go. I think that may be down to the bran flakes/muesli/ryvita? I'm going to try to avoid the scales until totm, it's just so hard sometimes to do so. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it :)

Ooh sorry, I phrased it wrong. I mean I put around 50ml of no added sugar squash in 1 litre of water and drink that, so it amounts to around 8 calories for the bottle :)

Last edited:
It's my pleasure. I've been helped loads by this site so it's nice to give some back.

Oh I bet constipation is part of the problem. Yay - I hope we got an answer :) I can get bit constipated before TOTM as well. I find linseed in my porridge really good for clearing things, and I always make sure I have some nettle tea too. It's just enough if you know what I mean. And good idea to avoid the scales for a while too. Now I get what you mean about the squash :)

Me again. :) You know one of the things I really struggled with first time around was that I didn't feel I deserved the weight loss. CD had been almost too easy. x

I know what you mean. I feel that way too. It felt so quick, almost like a cure. Now I feel like I deserve to not gain and everything feels so unfair. I'm trying so hard and the scales keep going up. If I was stuffing my face with junk, I'd understand but I'm not.

Scales are up again even after going to the toilet. I know I shouldn't weigh daily but I thought it might have helped. Feel so lost again, can't concentrate. It's really bringing my mood down. I don't know what else to do. Even after exercise yesterday. 4.8lbs up in under two weeks; I just feel like a failure. I'm eating healthily, I have a snack bar (99kcal of chocolate) everyday but that's it. I never go for more. Before I'd eat 5 bars. I'm trying so hard to change my habits. It's like everything I eat my body's holding on to. I know 3500 kcals = 1lb but I'm wondering if my body can't handle more than 1500 calories. I never gain that much at totm. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe I can't eat 1600 calories. I feel bad as well, as I'm eating when I'm not hungry just to get to 1600. If I didn't eat when I'm not hungry I'd only manage 1000 kcals. I just don't know what to do. Feel as though I'm meant to be fat and that no matter what I'm going to do, I'll gain. I feel like eating nothing or eating 1500 but I know that I shouldn't. At my age/height/weight even 1600 is low.

Shantel, I think that you shouldn't weigh yourself for a week or so. I understand your fear because I feel the same, I too have always eaten well and healthily but put on weight and am now that I've stopped CD. Like Butterfly I feel I need to master this without CD now and it's hard.

If (and I'm sure you are) you are calorie counting properly your weight will stabilize soon. You are young and so have that advantage. Perhaps putting your food and drink on here again for a few days will enable people more experienced than me to offer advice. But I would advise leaving the scales alone for a week at least, they are making you anxious and miserable. xx

Scales are up again even after going to the toilet. I know I shouldn't weigh daily but I thought it might have helped. Feel so lost again, can't concentrate. It's really bringing my mood down. I don't know what else to do. Even after exercise yesterday. 4.8lbs up in under two weeks; I just feel like a failure. I'm eating healthily, I have a snack bar (99kcal of chocolate) everyday but that's it. I never go for more. Before I'd eat 5 bars. I'm trying so hard to change my habits. It's like everything I eat my body's holding on to. I know 3500 kcals = 1lb but I'm wondering if my body can't handle more than 1500 calories. I never gain that much at totm. It just doesn't make sense. Maybe I can't eat 1600 calories. I feel bad as well, as I'm eating when I'm not hungry just to get to 1600. If I didn't eat when I'm not hungry I'd only manage 1000 kcals. I just don't know what to do. Feel as though I'm meant to be fat and that no matter what I'm going to do, I'll gain. I feel like eating nothing or eating 1500 but I know that I shouldn't. At my age/height/weight even 1600 is low.
1600 calories isn't much. Just hold steady for a while and give your body a chance to catch up. My first CDC actually suggested I have a weight range instead of one number on a scale. If you took aside the number on the scale, would you be happy with your weight? Are your clothes fitting okay? Are you tired etc? If so, then maybe that's something to think about. And stay off those scales for a while! :)

Also, maybe ask your CDC or someone on here just to reassure yourself you are doing fine.

Thanks Bess, it's just so frustrating. I finally feel more happy about myself and I just don't want the feeling to slip away. Note to self - leave scales alone!

Thanks Laura, I will. I just feel like my goal is slipping away from me. I have a range I'd like to stay in - four pounds either side but now I'm out of that range. I know it has to be water retention but I just hate seeing the scales going up. I'm happy with my weight and my clothes are fitting- my stomach is really bloated but that will be totm. I haven't been sleeping as much with uni being so stressful. Thank you again.

Breakfast
- 30g muesli
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 50g strawberries

Total: 176

Snack
- Plum
- Hot chocolate
Total: 74

Lunch
- Baked beans
- Crumpet
- Egg
- Yoghurt
- Snack a Jacks popcorn
Total: 444

Snack
- Clementine
- Ryvita Fruit Crunch
- 2 crispbake
-Chocolate mousse

Total: 208

Dinner
-65g Pasta
-Fish in butter sauce
-Mixed vegatables: carrots, peas and green beans
Total: 369

Desert
-Strawberries
-Natural yoghurt
-Meringue
Total: 149

Snack
-30g mixed nuts and raisins
-1 breadstick and cheese
Total: 182kcal

Drink: 2l water, 2 peppermint teas, 1 200ml can of diet stimulant drink (need more sleep!)

Total for today: 1602 kcals

Last edited:
Have you ever analysed your food to see what carb/fat/protein percentages you eat? It may not be a route you want to go down but may be interesting to see. There's a program called Perfect Diet Tracker you can use free for 7 days if you don't want to buy it.

Of course you need to find the right balance for you. I wonder what your percentages are, possibly a bit higher in fat and carbs than I'd eat and maybe having some extra protein. I get the impression re your snacks you are going for the low cal kind of stuff - is that right? I don't eat much of that because I find the 'normal' stuff actually more filling. I'm just careful about the portions.

You can definitely eat more - that's for sure. Hope you are staying away from those scales. ;)

Thanks Laura, I did put my details into myfitnesspal for one day and my protein was just right but my carbohydrates were low and my fat. I do tend to eat more low cal things, just because I'm not sure what to snack on. I'm never really hungry, I just eat every so often so I don't get hungry. Today, I would have just had dinner but my calories were too low so I had to eat a bit more to meet 1600, if only just.

I was thinking maybe I should make my main meals bigger so I don't have to snack so much to use up my calories. I looked for ideas on snack and a couple of suggestions were a pitta bread and humous and I tried that (it came up to around 180kcals) but I felt too full and found it too much to be a mid morning/mid afternoon snack. I tend to eat a lot of fruit/veg but that doesn't really add a lot of calories. I feel like I eat so much, but I think it's because the things I eat are low in calories so there's more quantity.

Maybe I should opt for eggs/cheese as protein? I eat nuts too and seeds; I think I need to be a bit more adventurous.

I'll keep trying :) Thank you again x

Food list for tomorrow; I have a long day at university (10-5) so have packed a lunch to keep me going:

Breakfast
-Muesli or branflakes with natural yoghurt or milk

Packed Lunch
- Wholemeal pitta filled with wafer thin ham, lettuce, red onions (no dressing)
- Carrot sticks
- Apple
- Plum
- Muller light yoghurt
- 3 crispbakes
- Cherry tomatos
- 1 light babybel

Dinner
- 60g Pasta
- Fish in butter sauce
- Green beans

Snack
-Blue ribband snack bar (99kcal)
-Pineapple
-Ryvita Fruit Crunch

Desert
-Strawberries
-Meringue nest
-Natural yoghurt

Total: 1615

Last edited:
I find snacks difficult to choose as well. Oatcakes can be quite good. I have them with hummus, or cheese and salsa. Nuts are also a good option. I also bake my own little muffins now and I enjoy those, in moderation ;)

I had to make my main meals bigger too. Breakfast was easy because that's over 500 calories. It's porridge with 1/2 banana, blueberries, wheatgerm and linseed. I love it. But making lunch and dinner higher can still be a challenge at times.

Oh a friend just told me about graze.com Have a look. I've not used them yet but it looks good.

In terms of recipes, try recipezaar.com and also cookinglight.com Both sites have lots good ideas. Also, even trying to google "150 calorie snacks" as an example can bring up some interesting results.

You are doing great - don't forget that okay? x Keep focussing on all the good stuff you are doing (food, exercise, food planning, eating in moderation etc).

Last edited:
Hey hun,
Bit harsh on yourself... 'feel like a failure.. meant to be fat'..... You have come a huge way from your previous habits and are working damned hard at maintaining a healthy diet. You seem to be succeeding in acheiving balance in your intake, and are continuing to learn new things about food all the time. So the scales are being a bit horrible, i know how freaky that must feel after a lifetime of weighing/counting every ounce. You say your clothes fit fine. Do you otherwise feel healthy? If so, then maybe its useful to re-evaluate your goals, and have healthy eating, not numbers at the centre of your plan. Hell, its easier said than done, i know... just seems you are missing out on what others can see... someone who is in control of their food, and not being controlled by it.
On a practical note, i am with you on needing to vary diet a bit. I am stuck on 'safe' foods, which i know the cal content of etc... takes more effort and is nerve wracking to think of expanding it. I have a few low GI books and i am going to start trying new recipes every few days, just to try to exoand things a bit.
Sorry if sounds like a lecture, i am just so in awe of your ability to stick to plan, hate to see you seem so down about what seem to be fantastic choices. xx

Thank you all so much! I really appreciate what you've said Laura and Butterfly. I really do. Have to finish my assignment so can't stop for long but will reply in detail soon. Thank you so much. Feeling much more positive xxxx

Sorry I'm not around much at the mo. Loads going on.

I know this sounds risky, but if it was me I'd increase my calories to 1800 anyway and watch the scales.

Maybe wait until TOTM is over, then experiment.

The scales sometimes behave quite unpredictably and defy all logic at times.:confused:

Hope things continue to feel a bit better? xx

Thanks everyone, been so busy with uni. Sticking to 1600 and exercising every other day. Just did 25 mins on the bike, not much, but it's progress. I'm upping the no. of minutes gradually as I want to stick at it rather than give up halfway so baby steps it is. Avoiding the scales until totm.. due any minute now.

Thanks KD, I was thinking that I might increase as my net calories comes to around 1370-1430 when I exercise, so still could do with a few more calories. Will wait until totm comes. Would it be better to go straight up to 1800 or 1700 first? Thank you again.

Hope you're all well. Will try and catch up on some diaries later xx

Last edited:
Hey everyone,
Hope you're all well. Sorry I haven't been around much, been so busy with uni and work. Still eating healthily and exercising and totm finally came but weirdly nothing came off. I upped my calories to 1700 and since then quite a bit came off. Still 1.4lbs up but not so worried. I'm eating healthily and exercising so that's the main thing. Today I went on my bike for 25 mins and walked for 45 minutes, so feeling much better. I'm enjoying exercising; it's not that much but when it's still something.

I've also found a good snack food, wasabi peas from MS. They're 37 calories for 10g and are really spicy, so not something you want much of either! They're a good source of fibre and quite tasty. Still enjoying making healthy food choices. Also bought a pair of size 10 skinny jeans- definitely not a size 10 but it's nice to fit into smaller clothes. I'm only a few weeks into maintenance but it has not been so bad. Hope the rest of the journey is the same too xx

Hey everyone,
Hope you're well. I'm back down to 10.5 so really happy about that. Sometimes it is so easy to get too caught up with the scales. As long as I'm eating healthily and exercising I'll be fine. I raised my calories to 1700, following advice from KD (thank you!) and it seemed to do the trick. I'm staying constant at this level so will try upping to 1800 soon and see if I stay constant too. Still exercising, using my bike every other day and lots of walking. Hope you're all well x

Back